Couple of other questions....

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Couple of other questions....

Postby HezmanaGirl on Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:17 pm

I found a few "Huh?!" situations myself besides the magical pants and not being wet after the pool situation.
1. Jothee is half Luxan and was missing two tentacles when we last saw him. Why was he full Luxan with all is tentacles in the movie?
2. Did Noranti look different in the scene when she realized that they were Eidelons?
3. Aeryn's hair was very long and straight in "Bad Timing" but very cute and wavy in PKW.
4. Did Aeryn ever feed baby D'Argo?
5. PKs must be incrediby resilient. Aeryn had her baby and was running and killing the bad guys a few minutes later. I've had two kids and I swear I slept the next two days!
6. I thought Diagnosans needed to have their noses covered.. Hmmmm!
Did I miss anything?
"Shooting makes me feel better!" Aeryn PKW
HezmanaGirl
Peacekeeper Commander

Re: Couple of other questions....

Postby Cattivo on Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:02 am

1. He wasn't full Luxan in the mini. When Jothee was originally on Moya, D'Argo mentioned something about plastic surgery to fix his self-inflicted mutilation. My guess is that he pursued that after leaving Moya

2. Melissa Jaffer had a bad reaction to the new makeup, so her role was reduced and another actress was brought in to do about half of her scenes it seems.
Cattivo
Hynerian Dominar

Re: Couple of other questions....

Postby BrentBarrett on Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:40 am

HezmanaGirl wrote:3. Aeryn's hair was very long and straight in "Bad Timing" but very cute and wavy in PKW.

In season four, Claudia Black wore a straight-haired wig. She has naturally curly/wavy hair, and three seasons of curling irons and curlers to straighten them out for every scene was getting to her hair and damaging it. They decided to try a wig instead. For PKW, she went back to curling irons/curlers, so it was her real hair on-screen again.

HezmanaGirl wrote:4. Did Aeryn ever feed baby D'Argo?

Err... on-screen? No. But I'm she did off-screen.

HezmanaGirl wrote:5. PKs must be incrediby resilient. Aeryn had her baby and was running and killing the bad guys a few minutes later. I've had two kids and I swear I slept the next two days!

Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch, but we can write some of it off for 1) dramatic license, and 2) she was "genetically enhanced" as a PK born on a carrier, so perhaps her body had adjustments that allowed her to spring right back into action (and, it seems, loose all that baby weight instantly too ;) ).

HezmanaGirl wrote:6. I thought Diagnosans needed to have their noses covered.. Hmmmm!
Did I miss anything?

It might have been just that one Diagnosian on the ice planet, or this one could've surgically altered himself to allow exposure to the air from both intakes (perhaps he surgically closed off his nose or something?). Not a biggie, either way. It could be possible, so I let it slide. :)
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby BritAngie on Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:56 am

For the Aeryn recovering from the birth- she did say that as a soldier she'd have given birth quickly then I suppose have got back into battle or duties because they had to for survival. I mean think about it- being incapacitated for any soldier would be fatal for both mother and baby. The Eidolons pretty much thought of everything reating a supersoldier of sorts! <g>
BritAngie
Chocoholic Underling
Chocoholic Underling

Postby Slywolf on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:00 pm

BrentBarrett wrote:
HezmanaGirl wrote:6. I thought Diagnosans needed to have their noses covered.. Hmmmm!
Did I miss anything?

It might have been just that one Diagnosian on the ice planet, or this one could've surgically altered himself to allow exposure to the air from both intakes (perhaps he surgically closed off his nose or something?). Not a biggie, either way. It could be possible, so I let it slide. :)

It was just the one Diagnosian, as for the other one i dont think he had a problem at all.

BritAngie wrote:For the Aeryn recovering from the birth- she did say that as a soldier she'd have given birth quickly then I suppose have got back into battle or duties because they had to for survival. I mean think about it- being incapacitated for any soldier would be fatal for both mother and baby. The Eidolons pretty much thought of everything reating a supersoldier of sorts! <g>

??? no offence but i think thats totally wrong. The one Eidolon that was with them.. i forgot his name.. said that they choice a race that no one had dealt with before. Granted he said that they geneticly advanced them but i dont think they were going for supersoldiers. he said "you keeped peace the only way you could, at the end of a gun." or something like that. which kinda means that they were made for peace negotiators, not soilders really. i think after the Eidolons were gone, the peacekeepers just altered themselves into soilders and changed stuff like giving birth. thats how i took it. but i was kinda shocked that they didnt go back to the realization that Aeryn's ancesters came from Earth later in the mini.
Slywolf
Luxan Warrior

Postby Sazzmo on Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Slywolf wrote:It was just the one Diagnosian, as for the other one i dont think he had a problem at all.

He had those metal tubes running into his nose... hence, he'd never have anything in his nose and mouth at the same time...

So, he is exactly the same...

Slywolf wrote:??? no offence but i think thats totally wrong. The one Eidolon that was with them.. i forgot his name.. said that they choice a race that no one had dealt with before. Granted he said that they geneticly advanced them but i dont think they were going for supersoldiers. he said "you keeped peace the only way you could, at the end of a gun." or something like that. which kinda means that they were made for peace negotiators, not soilders really. i think after the Eidolons were gone, the peacekeepers just altered themselves into soilders and changed stuff like giving birth. thats how i took it. but i was kinda shocked that they didnt go back to the realization that Aeryn's ancesters came from Earth later in the mini.

The peacekeepers were created to protect the eidolons so they could get to warring groups, they are soldiers...

Once the Peacekeepers were on there own they kept peace the only way they could think of, at the end of a Gun. They no doubt genetically modified themselves further under their own science...

The things like Aeryn and other soldiers holding eggs when impregnated is so clearly a Sebacian Corrupted Peacekeeper enhancment...
Sazzmo
Luxan Warrior

Postby Slywolf on Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:55 pm

this is way to open for interpritation. we all could be right or wrong..

i never noticed tubes... hmm ill have to watch it again.
Slywolf
Luxan Warrior

Hmmm tubes, eh?

Postby HezmanaGirl on Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:16 pm

I never noticed the tubes either. I just remember seeing the Diagnosan on the Ice Planet and Scorpy killed him by taking his mask off and breathing on him. I do agree with the fact that Peacekeepers are incredibly genetically motified. I mean, if they have geometric pregnancies that only last a few solar days then their recovery should be incredibly fast too. I guess I can deal with her being able to haul eema a few minutes after Little D was born. I'm not caving on the pants issue, though. Were Peacekeeper pants genetically modified too? :lol: One thing I do hope is that Tor books "continues" Farscape after PKW. I'm sure curious. Do PK kids grow fast too? They could become soldiers quicker if everything was in fast foward. Any theories?
HezmanaGirl
Peacekeeper Commander

Re: Hmmm tubes, eh?

Postby stlscape on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:40 am

HezmanaGirl wrote:I'm not caving on the pants issue, though. Were Peacekeeper pants genetically modified too? :lol:

Just playing devil's advocate on the "birthing pants" issue...Assuming the baby's head was 20" (51cm) in circumfrence (not diameter :oops: ) (which is on the larger side of normal), Aeryn would only need to slit the crotch seam of her pants a total of 10" for the baby to fit through. If you can buy into the whole "give birth and run away a couple of minutes later" deal, IMHO it's pretty easy to buy into the "no seam in the crotch for 10 inches" as well. YMMV. :)
Last edited by stlscape on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
stlscape
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Cardelia on Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:20 am

stlscape wrote:Just playing devil's advocate on the "birthing pants" issue...Assuming the baby's head was 20" (51cm) in diameter (which is on the larger side of normal), Aeryn would only need to slit the crotch seam of her pants a total of 10" for the baby to fit through. If you can buy into the whole "give birth and run away a couple of minutes later" deal, IMHO it's pretty easy to buy into the "no seam in the crotch for 10 inches" as well. YMMV. :)

I presume you meant 20" in circumference and not diameter, otherwise an incision of 62.8" would be required to allow the baby's head to pass through Aeryn's trousers. Not to mention an inordinate amount of pain for the poor mother ;)
Cardelia
Luxan Warrior

Postby stlscape on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:17 am

Cardelia wrote:I presume you meant 20" in circumference and not diameter

Ummm...why don't I just go right now and correct that. (Math and I were never very good friends when I was taking math classes; we haven't gotten any closer in the ensuing years. :P )

Diameter. Circumference. Huh. Some people are *so* picky about wording. They *both* apply to geometry, don't they? At least I got *that* part right! :D
stlscape
Delvian Pa'u

IMHO

Postby HezmanaGirl on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:55 am

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the magical pants issue. I figure it's their universe, they can make the rules. Still kinda funny though.. :lol: [/u][/i]
HezmanaGirl
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Urpling on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:19 am

Cardelia wrote:
stlscape wrote:Just playing devil's advocate on the "birthing pants" issue...Assuming the baby's head was 20" (51cm) in diameter (which is on the larger side of normal), Aeryn would only need to slit the crotch seam of her pants a total of 10" for the baby to fit through. If you can buy into the whole "give birth and run away a couple of minutes later" deal, IMHO it's pretty easy to buy into the "no seam in the crotch for 10 inches" as well. YMMV. :)

I presume you meant 20" in circumference and not diameter, otherwise an incision of 62.8" would be required to allow the baby's head to pass through Aeryn's trousers. Not to mention an inordinate amount of pain for the poor mother ;)

Bless you Cardelia...you made me laugh long and hard.

I think the birth stuff was rushed and neatened up...much like T_John's dying of radiation sickness...the reality of dying like that is damned ugly and painful. (You just can't have viewers switching off, now canya? This is telly...and a story/direction is mounted on specific POV's.)

I would have handled the birth a bit differently...would have had more contemplative moments throughout the entire mini...and spent less money and time on the practical (pyro) effects (I loved the CG and the flooding...matte paintings dodgy in places.)...but I'm guessing that Henson may have felt that the 'yuff' demographic wouldn't be 'entertained' enough without the speed/adrenalin rush...?
Urpling
Kalish Resistance

Postby scapecadet on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:59 pm

I am quite prepared not to delve into the details and exact measurements of the opening created in Aeryn's outfit for the baby to be able to come out. It was sufficient it was addressed at all by the fact that Crichton gave her a knife and telling her it was for her pants - quite an ok nod towards reality (i can imagine other shows not bothering with even that much).
As for the birth - I have 2 kids, so I know a little bit about it. I also know the huge role of adrenalin and various other chemicals released by the brain to help in situations like this (the effect of these is virtually wiped out if artificial pain management techniques are used). Aeryn was not drugged, she was a fit woman, who had a geometric pregnancy, which probably accounted for the fact she did not have time to get fat and out of shape. She gave birth in the middle of a battle - I can quite accept that she was able to do what she had to do in order to get her newborn baby into safety. Women in less developed countries, who are not as soft as we are and women who give birth during war conflicts have been known to do quite a lot of hard physical stuff within hours of giving birth... As this is a scifi show and Aeryn is an alien 'bred' for living as a soldier, I have no problem with the way this was handled in the mini.

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Rav Winston on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:48 pm

I don't suppose anyone had thought of, say...taking her pants off for the birth? Or at least down?

(After all, she was in a fountain! Hidden up to the waist! Why ruin a perfectly good pair of pants?)
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Next

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars