The Angel wandered down

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby Sandworm on Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:41 am

"Yeah, it's nice..." said Sandworm. "So, is there anything to eat around here? I'm starving"
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby chryse on Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:20 am

A DRD perk up and beeped at Sandworm.

Failing to get his attention (the beep wasn't audible over the music), the DRD rolled over to Sandworm and nudged him toward one side of the bar. There was a hole in the wall right above the countertop of the bar.

"huh? what's up?" asked Sandworm.

"What's up? I don't know how to make that. Please order something else." said a voice from the hole.

"Order? Order what?"

"Food. Please place your order by speaking out loud. I'm programmed with the cuisines of several hundred worlds, including Arrakis."

"How'd you know I'm from Arrakis?"

"Your accent. Would you like to place an order now?"
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Sandworm on Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:42 am

"Well, how about roast sand scorpion? It's supposed to be good at this time of year."
the hole filled up with some kind of green gunge and a large plate of roast sand scorpion appeared beneath, and rose to be level with the table. the green gunge flowed off the plate and down a convenient drain in the table.

"Nice system."
Sandworm picked up the food and tried it.
'Twas very good.

"Hey, guys," he called over the music, "The food's great. anyone want something?"
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby DrkMandalorian on Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:37 pm

Spyral and Kay ended their third round of dancing and walked thru the tumult of bouncing balls, to the bar.

"I could eat something right now," the Angel said, moving to stand before the hole in the wall. "But what to eat?" the Angel wondered aloud. "Something mealtime, or something snacktime?"

"May I suggest, an early dessert, perhaps? the hole in the wall asked. "You could always have a good meal, later."

"What would you suggest?" Spyral asked the foodhole.

"I have something special that I have wanted to try for a long time," the hole replied. "But it requires a group effort to consume it."

"A group effort?" Ragnar asked from the bar.

"Yes," the foodhole replied.

Spyral shrugged his shoulders. "I'm game"

"Excellent" the foodhole replied. "One Sundaeous Maximus, coming right up!"

A small hatch at the Angels feet opened then, and a dozen drds in little chefs hats shot out at top speed. They sped and buzzed around in a area free of bouncing balls and began to build. For several minutes they moved to and fro, sometimes darting back into the small hatch, then reemerging only to build again.

By the time they were done, returned to the wall and the hatch closed, the Scoobs were looking at a huge chocolate sundae reaching from the floor to the high ceiling, it's base at least ten feet in diameter. Every flavor of ice cream, every topping imagineable seemed to have it's place in the giant sundae.

"Wow," the Angel said.
"I'm only judging on my experience, but I've never seen such a deficient species.
How did humans make it thru a cycle, even HALF a cycle, without KILLING each other?
You have no special abilities. You're not particularly smart, can hardly smell, can barely see, and you're not even VAGUELY physically or spiritually imposing!
Is there ANYTHING humans do well?"

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby chryse on Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:27 am

"whoa, I think we'll need the other scoobs to help with this." said Kay.

"But in the meantime, let's DIG IN!" Ragnar grabbed a spoon (a very large one too) and started in on the ice cream.

Chryse and Kay laughed and started forward with their own spoons.

Angel took a moment to ask a DRD to get all the Scoobs here ASAP and started shoveling ice cream into his mouth too. *boy will Twig be upset to miss this!* he thought.

---------
(You know, I saw a 47 pound sundae on the Food Network the other week. It had tons of ice cream and 3 cake layers with bananas, fruit and other toppings, and a LOT of chocolate syrup and whipped cream... this one is bigger, the other one could fit on a table. :lol:)
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Sandworm on Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:37 am

"This ice cream is huge...." said Sandworm, also digging in. "It's good though...
:)
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Emram on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:23 pm

With a bellow, Emram came running through the door, pursued by a gaggle of DRDs. He tripped, and slid on his belly across the floor, his head disappearing into the sundae.

He got to his feet, assisted by Ragnar and Chryse.

"Hi guys," he said, licking his lips and wiping his face. "I'm back!"
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:09 pm

"Hey, Emram, how's tricks?" asked Sandworm. "You've been gone for ages."
"Not bad," he replied.
"Good good. join in - the ice cream's not bad."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby JilaCosa on Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:33 pm

"Lead on, MacDuff." Jila laughed as she lassoed the DRD that had come to fetch her. Jila laughed because she had been practicing levitation when the DRD had banged on the door and the DRD had looked around in what appear to be a confused manner before pointing its eyestalks straight up. The DRD did as it was told and started back to the point of origin towing Jila like a kite.

The DRD sped down hallway after hallway until it reached and entered the Ballroom.

"Practicing again?" Kay asked as she scooped another spoon of fudge covered ice cream into her mouth.

"Always." Jila whispered the counter to the levitation spell and landed gently on the floor. "You know Rae, no rest for the weary. Wow, that looks incredible! Who ordered this and How?"

"Spy did." Chryse replied handing Jila a spoon. "There's a food machine over there on the wall. Just talk to it and it will give you whatever you want."

"It fixed for me the best roast and scorpion I've ever had." Sandworm spoke up between bites.

"Cool" Jila walked over to the food machine. "Just a cherry coke please."

"Human." The food machine spoke in a female voice. "Reality Land."

"Correct. How did you know?"

"Simple. If you were from any of the other lands you would have ordered something from there." There was no disapproval, just logic stated in a friendly tone. "If you were from Xanth you might order a Bootreer. Good drink but make sure your back is to the wall when you drink it. There you go. "

Jila took her coke, chuckled and shook her head. The things they were finding in this place.

"You know," Jila looked around to see who else was there. "I don't think we've Ever had a get-together where there were equal numbers, male to female, before. Interesting. I guess that means no waiting for dancing, huh?"
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:20 am

"So who wants to dance with the most attractive man in the room?" asked Sandworm. "Go ask Ragnar" :) "anyone else who wants to dance with a (relatively) normal guy, I'm ready - I've had enough of ice cream."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Dancing!!!

Postby KaraS on Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:46 pm

Kara turned to Emram. "I don't think we've had the pleasure of a dance yet. Care to cut the rug with me?"
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby DrkMandalorian on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:04 am

"Well, I think I've had my fill of sundae," Spyral said, setting his spoon on the bar, and plopping down on a stool. "Hey Jila," he said.

"Hi Angel," Jila replied, as she reached up a hand and dabbed a bit of chocolate sauce from the corner of his mouth, with a finger. "Missed a bit," she said, wiping her finger off on a napkin.

"Thanks," Spy replied. "Care to give that coke some 'alone time', and take a spin on the dancefloor?"
"I'm only judging on my experience, but I've never seen such a deficient species.
How did humans make it thru a cycle, even HALF a cycle, without KILLING each other?
You have no special abilities. You're not particularly smart, can hardly smell, can barely see, and you're not even VAGUELY physically or spiritually imposing!
Is there ANYTHING humans do well?"

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby JilaCosa on Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:56 am

"I'd love to." Jila smiled. It had been too long since she'd dance with the Angel. Come to think of it, it had been a fair amount of time since the Scoobs had gotten together for a dance party. "I hope you brought your dancin' shoes Rag," Jila turned to Ragnar as Spy lead her to the dancing area. "I'd like a dance with you next."

The balls bounced around the two couples but never connected no matter where each person was. Jila never stood in one place to dance. She used whatever amount of floor around her was free. The balls definitely added a different dimension to dancing.

Jila stumbled a bit when she noticed that the floor was a couple of feet below her but she managed to get her rhythm back. Dancing with Spy was always fun. You never knew what to expect. :o
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:16 am

"Chryse, your turn?" asked Sandworm
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby chryse on Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:28 am

"It would be a pleasure Sandworm. I've got to work off some this ice cream. " smiled Chryse.

They danced over the floor and the balls bounced away. "I wonder how they do that" asked Sandworm.

"No clue, but it makes the dancing more fun don't you think?" laughed Chryse.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Chat