Chiana

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Chiana

Postby Butterflies & Hurrica on Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:48 pm

Is it just me or just chiana seem really different in the peacekeeper wars ??
Honey, the butler's dead
Butterflies & Hurrica
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Anarky on Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:28 am

From all I know, which isn't a lot, she has got new eyes.

Can somebody pelase tell me what happened to everyone's favourite Nebari in Bad Timing and PKW?
Anarky
Luxan Warrior

Postby Ritual on Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:58 am

She became blind in Bad Timing from using her Matrix like power to help Pilot push a sequence of buttons, becoming blind permanently, and in PKW, she got new eyes from a Diagnosian, which allowed her to see energy signatures.

Gigi Enthusiasts BBoard
Ritual
Delvian Pa'u

Postby farscaperkevin on Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:04 am

I didnt like her new accent or her new eyes. this sounds bad but i hope she goes blind again and gets some nebari eyes next time. sorry.
farscaperkevin
Luxan Warrior

Postby Butterflies & Hurrica on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:46 am

I agree with you i didn't like her new eyes . Her voice just seemed so different
Honey, the butler's dead
Butterflies & Hurrica
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Anarky on Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:26 pm

What Matrix-like powers? I have seen Season 1 and 2 and then Bad timing. So I have a huge gap.
Anarky
Luxan Warrior

Chi in PK Wars

Postby scaperbrit on Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:54 pm

I agree, when she first came out of D'Argo's ship she moved and sounded totally different but as the ep. went on she seemed to slip into the old Chi manerisms and speech pattern, either that or I just got used to the new ones. :?
scaperbrit
Luxan Warrior

Postby Ritual on Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:01 pm

About the "change" in accent, I figured that was just her trying to sound excited, as opposed to an actual change in her accent, since later she sounded exactly the same. I agree about the eyes - I preferred the old, ebony eyes she had. I still can't believe they didn't give her any kind of new attire after three years - they don't change the one thing they should have, and change something they shouldn't have.

The Matrix like power she had in the fourth season (her powers kept changing, since originally she could see into the future, and then in the miniseries she could see energy signatures) was when she saw things "slow down" via in the Matrix, when Neo sees things slow down from ordinary time, which is why I called it a Matrix like ability that she possessed.
Ritual
Delvian Pa'u

Postby ExquisiteIrony on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:33 am

It's not just you.

Many people noticed Chiana's voice was "off" - at least in the first scene, to be fair, there was no way for even the most brilliant of improvisors (which Gigi clearly is) to force Chiana to believably enact that, let's say, overly simplified scenario. On this occasion, the contacts were okay by me - the novelty device was cool for a one time shot and she didn't really need to act with her eyes. It would've been helpful to have her old eyes mind you; she couldn't even use her eyes in her big finale scene with Jothee because they'd do even worse than not express well, she just got by on her extraordinary way with body language et al. But clearly those cat eye contacts are going to be a profound liability if they continue Chiana for long like that.

Gigi Edgley related at one point (in the nicest way) that there was something which affected her performances. When one takes it fully in context, I think the result was actually a trememdous compliment to Gigi. But she has suggested some qualification for returning and it's easy to see what she'd be referring to and that she'd have entirely valid points.

More than a few I've heard from via the Chiana website were, let's say, worse than merely unsatisfied. For my own part, I expected to see little of Chiana in the mini, but I was frankly a little shocked at the quality of much of it, in a show that was otherwise quite spectacular as a whole. As it is, her part in PKW is mostly quite enjoyable - but best not looked at closely, and that's most unfortuanate. Hopefully, any future Chiana will make us forget all about this. Goodness knows there's much greater potential in her. That much, at least, we could always see :D
EI
Founder, webmaster,
GigiEnthusiasts and Chiana Website

Image Image
ExquisiteIrony
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars