Deleted Scenes

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby thoth on Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:38 am

scaperfan wrote:
Dani Moure wrote:...on the UK DVD only though (for now).

yeah...bugger. I've ordered my copy of pkw now, through an American company- I would have gone with the UK version because of all the better extras, but the cost of the dvd, plus the shipping, was prohibitive compared to the price for the US, which includes free shipping... :(

Also, the DVD encoding for the UK is region 2. Unless you have a multi region dvd player or have taken apart your dvd player yourself to make it compatible, it wont fly. I'm disappointed that the US version will have no deleted scenes. With all the extras on the UK dvd and little more than the mini and a "making of" featurette on the US dvd, I as a customer feel little incentive to buy it since I've already seen it in the broadcast. Why oh why? :(
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby scaperfan on Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:42 am

thoth wrote: Unless you have a multi region dvd player or have taken apart your dvd player yourself to make it compatible, it wont fly.

as it so happens, I do...our player came with a serial number to enter, which made it region-free...there are also several websites out there that provide free hacks for dvd players to do the same... :)

thoth wrote: I'm disappointed that the US version will have no deleted scenes... Why oh why? :(

Yeah, me too! What gives? I would have thought that the Americans being the rabid fans they are :wink: , would have demanded they be included, and been heard! :-s
Mal: "It ain't all buttons and charts little Albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Well I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say."
River: "I do, but I like to hear you say it."
Mal: "Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she ain't keepin' up just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her up when she ought to fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens, makes her home."
River: "Storm's getting worse."
Mal: "We'll pass through it soon enough."
scaperfan
Kalish Resistance

Previous

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars