Is John's part in PKW a Design of the Ancients???

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Is John's part in PKW a Design of the Ancients???

Postby Final_Stage on Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:31 am

Watching the Peacekeeper wars for a 3rd time has started me thinking. Is John's role in the war between the PK and Scaren all part of a bigger design by the ancients? They are a time travelling species who most probably saw the outcome of the war before it happenned (for the people of that time anyway). Did they take John from Earth with the knowledge that he could bring peace, it seems to be a beleivable theory to me!! How about you :?:
Last edited by Final_Stage on Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Happy Birthday, now get out of my sight!!"

"That's it open your eyes, see all these stars? They're yours!" "Except that one, that's yours."
Final_Stage
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby CdnFarscape on Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:41 pm

Never thought of it that way... but a very cool idea! And I think that even if the wormhole trip over was an accident then it is still possible that they gave him the knowledge so that he could stop the war in the future...

Cdn

P.S. The title of the thread's a tad spoilerish... might want to edit it...
CdnFarscape
Kalish Resistance

Postby Rav Winston on Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:27 pm

I thought that the Ancients were looking for a place to which they could retire, and leave it up to humans to do their police work for them.

Remember what Jack the Ancient had told Crichton? And later on, Einstein?

And that therefore, considering what had happened with John, the entire experiment was a failure, and now the Ancients will die without having anyone to whom they can pass on their knowledge.
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby thoth on Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:57 am

Maybe not the Ancients' intention, but certainly Einstein's. He unlocked Crichton's knowledge perfectly aware of the fact that he would create a weapon, then only removed the knowledge once Crichton had stopped the weapon. Einstein seems to realise that the leading powers of the Galaxy would continue to seek wormhole weapon capability and that he trusted John to use the weapon in order to impress upon everyone that such power should not be pursued. Einstein's species seems to be quite active in attempting to stop advances in wormhole technology, even so much as telling John in UR that he intended to kill him. "You are here to perish, I am here to effect that outcome." John gained his trust throughout the episode, but who's to say he hasn't killed others beforehand?
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Final_Stage on Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:32 pm

Rav Winston wrote:I thought that the Ancients were looking for a place to which they could retire, and leave it up to humans to do their police work for them.

Remember what Jack the Ancient had told Crichton? And later on, Einstein?

And that therefore, considering what had happened with John, the entire experiment was a failure, and now the Ancients will die without having anyone to whom they can pass on their knowledge.

I agree with what your saying, but don't forget the ancients excist in a place where they can control time. Thus meaning as long as don't return to a time prior to when they left they can, take peaks at the future then return to correct them!! Possibly change them, like john did in Kansas. They could have seen the war and wormhole weapons being used therefore tried infinite ways of correcting this mistake, until 'John'!!
Final_Stage
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars