Ah...that wonderful time of the year

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby Emram on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:50 pm

Sheridan, definitely," Emram said. "Well, that was a lot easier than my way!"

He looked around.

"I can't see many people who are obviously armed," he said. "I've got enough weaponry on me to start a small war. Am I going to get us in trouble?"

Chryse waved her hands in the air, mumbled something, and then sprinkled dust all over Emram's shoulders.

"That should hide your weapons from everyone," she said.

"But they're still out in plain sight!" Emram objected.

"Ah, but I'm not trying to hide them from you," Chryse smiled. "Everybody else will just see you, and some stuff that you're carrying. They won't worry about what it actually is." Emram grinned.

"Clever," he said, and slung Kitty over his shoulder.
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Be careful with that

Postby KaraS on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:16 pm

"Just don't do anything to draw attention to it." Kara suggested. "Somebody-Else's-Problem spells are broken if you bring attention to whatever you are trying to hide. And I'm certain that civilians aren't supposed to be wearing enough weapons to lay seige to a small village with here."

Kara purchased the teddy bear and put it in a shopping bag.

"It's a good thing the automatic currency changer Rae lent me is working. Otherwise we'd be trying to pay for our purchases with Scooby Bucks."

Emran sighed.

'"I've got this." Chryse said, showing the others a credit card. "It's a Universal Express Card. It's good in most of Cable TV land and several alternate dimensions."
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby JilaCosa on Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:48 pm

"What are you doing Rag?" Jila had walked silently across the room and stood nearly behind Ragnar as she spoke. The big Viking's arms whirled round in circles as he tried to keep his balance as he squatted in front of the Christmas tree.

"Nothing." Ragnar answered way too innocently as he stood up to face Jila. "Absolutely nothing."

"Ragnar?" Jila's left eyebrow lifted and Ragnar knew he'd been caught.

"I was just admiring Sandworm's wrapping paper." He bluffed. "And what are you doing sneaking around anyway?"

"Practicing." Jila had noticed the mugs of hot cocoa on the coffee and end tables and went behind the bar to see if there was any left. There was and Jila smiled as she poured herself a cup. "You know Rae. She knows when I'm not practicing my lessons and she tends to mentally tweak me about it. You weren't peeking were you?" Jila grinned at her friend. She knew the answer to the question but was just waiting for him to actually admit it.

"Of course not." Ragnar sat on the couch and frowned. He couldn't help it if Christmas brought out the outmost curiosity in him. "Why aren't you shopping with the others?"

"Not in the mood I guess." Jila sat down on the couch on the other side of the coffee table from Ragnar. "Damn Reality Goons have been after me again. You'd think they'd leave me alone already but since I have to make so many trips to Reality Land they feel the need to make my life miserable."

"I suppose it's the price you pay for having connections in two Lands."

"Yeah, but it's a pain in the Eema." Jila blew across the top of her mug and then took a sip. "I mean it's been how many years? You'd think they'd just let the scans and psych visits go for once. Especially since it's Christmas."

"I have a suggestion." Ragnar tossed a disc across the table which nearly made Jila throw her mug in the air trying to catch it. Ragnar chuckled. "Sorry about that. Put that in the player and I'll start a fire in the fireplace. Perhaps between that and the Christmas tree you'll find yourself in better spirits." And maybe she'll fall asleep long enough for me to have another go at those presents.

"That sounds wonderful."

Jila and Ragnar set the mood in the room and then sat back down.

"Very nice." Jila sighed and looked at the Christmas tree. Someone had done a great job in decorating it.
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Emram on Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:57 pm

Emram wandered around, looking at the various stalls. In truth, he had nothing that he needed to buy, but he felt that he ought to have some excuse for coming along. Besides, after that self-righteous speech about not peeking at presents, he figured that the further from temptation he was, the better.

He spied Chryse ahead of him, and wandered closer, trying to sneak a look at what she was buying. It might, just might, be something for him...

He leapt almost out of his skin as a hand clamped down on his shoulder. He turned, and saw Kara looking at him, an amused expression on her face.

"So sneaking looks at presents before the big day is bad, is it?" she grinned, as she saw the sheepish expression on his face.

Emram sighed.

"Put me in a bag," he said ruefully. "I'm shopped. I just couldn't help it!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby RagnarRB on Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:57 pm

Ragnar listened to the rythmic sounds of Manhiem Steamroller's Christmas cd and found himself humming along with the tunes. The songs were old enough to suit his taste with just enough modernization to make them enjoyable. It was fast becomming one os his favorites.

Jila sipped her cocoa and curled up in one corner of the couch. The fire crackled, and it was a rather enjoyable mood. He liked the slow times at christmas. As long as he didn't start reflecting too much they were very relaxing.

He kept one eye on watching the tension seep from Jila's shoulders and the other out for ArticKitten who was bound to show up some time. He just had to decide whether he would stop her 'peeking' or enlist her in a little of his own.

Who would notice?
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Shopping

Postby Kayde on Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:35 am

Kay wasn't sure if she hated or loved shopping around Christmas. It was certainly fun to be in the Christmas spirit with all the festivies around, but the crowds were not that great at all.

She picked up a couple chew toys for the dogs. Some of theirs were wearing out. The next stall had music boxes. they were so beautiful and she couldn't decide which ones to get for who.

(By the way, Rag, Manhiem Steamroller's Christmas cd is a great cd.)
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

As they were shopping

Postby KaraS on Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:31 am

As they were shopping in the various booths and stores at the B5 Zocolo, they became very engage in what they were doing. Emran didn't notice that he was backing into a big Narn.

*thump*

"Watch where you're going human!" the Narn said.

"Oops, sorry." Emran mumbled. He was a macho Marine but this was a BIG Narn.

"Don't talk back to ME!" the Narn said and gave Emran a shove.

Emran fell over backwards and advanced weaponry went flying everywhere.

"SECURITY!" someone yelled.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sandworm on Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:06 pm

Sandworm came clomping down the stairs. Not angrily, he just had a tendency to clomp...

"Hey, Rag. What are you doing now? Oh, and I wouldn't touch those, you see, there is wild magic on them. If you touch them before the 25th, vines will grow around you until someone comes and releases you. So we'll all know. Sorry, pal. Where is everyone, though?"
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Security!

Postby Kayde on Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:51 am

The Scoobettes heard the call for security and turned to see what the noise was about.

"Oh no!" Kay said looking at Emram with his weapons scattered around him.

She looked at Chryse and Kara. They had to do something to help him.
Kay knew only one spell. And it only worked for a few minutes. She started to freeze time so that they could think, but there were allready officers with guns drawn at Emram. What if she froze time, and then when it unfroze the guns went off? And Emram had only been a part of their group for a short while. She wasn't sure if he would freeze in time or stay with them.

"Frell!" Kara said, starting toward Emram and ready to confront security.

But Chryse stopped her. "It won't help if we get in trouble too." she pointed out.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby JilaCosa on Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:44 pm

Jila burst out laughing as Ragnar snatched his hand back from the presents. "Why'd you have to tell him Sandworm?"

"It wouldn't have been fair to have him wrapped up in vines until somebody found him." Sandworm walked around and sat down on the couch.

"Would have served him right!" Jila continued to laugh. "Ragnar is worse than kitten when it comes to Christmas."

"kitten?" Sandworm asked. "Which one? I've seen a few kittens around."

"A white one." Jila's laughter had settled to a chuckle now and then as she thought of Ragnar lying on the floor tied up in vines. "She's an artickitten. Looks like a kitten with the mind of an adolescent. Gets herself in a Lot of trouble. Especially when her feline curiosity takes over. She's a sweetheart though. On the other hand, we've been warning Ragnar about his own curiosity factor for some time now." Ragnar crossed his arms over his chest and humphed. Jila chuckled again. Jila waggled a finger at Ragnar but continued to talk to Sandworm "Now that he knows about your little security device his curiosity factor has probably gone up ten-fold. Don't be surprised if you do find him wrapped in vines some morning."

"Jila, don't you need more cocoa?" Ragnar frowned, then winked and gave Jila the slightest of grins.

"Why yes as a matter of fact I do." Jila grinned and stood up. "Anything I can get for you Sandworm?"
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:55 pm

"A more trusting personality!" Ragnar asnswered for him. Boobytrapping presents! The nerve! :)

btw: in RL I've been told by one person that if i guess any more of them they're going back! Can i help it if a good shake tells me a lot? :)
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

RL break

Postby Kayde on Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:58 am

(We are leaving the night after tomorrow to go to Texas. We'll be back the following Tuesday. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a very happy holiday and stay warm and safe. (((((((((Scoobs)))))))))).Deb)
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Oh No!

Postby KaraS on Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:41 pm

Kara, Kay and Chryse watched while Emran was hauled away by B5 Security Officers and all his weapons confiscated.

"This is going to get worse when they realize they don't have any records of him ever arriving on the station." Kara sighed. "And who brings great whacking guns with them when they are Christmas Shopping anyway?"

"Rae does." Kay pointed out.

"Raegun is a sentient being. That doesn't count." Kara said.

"This doesn't solve our problem." Chryse said. "How are we going to get Emran back?"

"Subterfuge?" Kara suggested. "We need a plan."
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Emram on Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:52 pm

Emram tried to relax as he was dragged off. The others would get him out, he was sure of it - well, they'd certainly try. Whether they could actually do it, he wasn't so sure.

He was thrown into a cell, and he sat on the bed. Well, here he was, locked in a cell, no record of him arriving here, or even of ever existing. OK.

Things to do:
Escape cell;
Find the others;
Get off the station;
Avoid killing anyone or being killed.

Things he had at his disposal:
Himself;
His native cunning and ingenuity.

He sat back, and waited for the others to get hom out, because he was, basically, frelled. Maybe next time, he might consider leaving Kitty behind.
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:51 pm

Kara presented herself at the B5 security station.

"I'm here to see Emram, the Colonial Marine who was arrested on the Zocolo."

"Who are you?" the Security Officer asked.

"I'm his lawyer." Kara said.
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Chat