Deleted Scenes

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Tsokee on Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:17 pm

Tsokee
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby shizuka on Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:07 pm

Thank You.

I never saw that trailer. Now I really want to see those deleted scenes. Especially the ones with Chiana and the ones that explain Sikozu being a spy.
shizuka
Peacekeeper Commander

Trailer

Postby PCK3 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:04 am

As far as the trailer is concerned you will only notice the Scorpius and Chiana scenes (Scorp saying I'll show you how to win a war, Chiana's no more fun, and the two together on Moya) The info on Sikozu is from the interview with her, I posted the web site that has that interview in the first talk about the Deleted Scenes.

ImageScorpius: Good news, I'm always suspicious of good news.
Scorpius: I... do not loose!
PCK3
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby jacl on Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:59 pm

Doesn't Raelee Hill in her interview on the BBC cult site say something about a spa scene with Scropius and Braca? I seem to remember something about this. She was talking about how funny it was .... well, I don't think that made the final cut.
jacl
Luxan Warrior

Postby BrentBarrett on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:35 pm

jacl wrote:Doesn't Raelee Hill in her interview on the BBC cult site say something about a spa scene with Scropius and Braca? I seem to remember something about this. She was talking about how funny it was .... well, I don't think that made the final cut.

The infamous "spa" scene in the one in which Aeryn gave birth. She probably meant that Scorpie and Braca were nearby when that was going down and that there was a scene in which Braca was talking to John, who was in the spa at the time. She may also mean the scene that took place between her and Scorpie while J&A were in the spa.
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Re: Deleted Scenes

Postby Europa1000 on Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:03 pm

PCK3 wrote:During the same trailer there was a shot of Chiana pointing what looked like to knives at Scorpius on Moya,

Is it on Moya or on the water planet? There are two reasons why I ask. First, when the command carrier is first landing Aeryn tells Chiana to find Rygel and guard him with her life and the background of the scene with Chiana pointing the spikes at Scorpius looks a little too “rustic” to be Moya, IMO. (I could be wrong though.) Second, Dargo looks to be holding a similar, but smaller, spike or knife right when he and Chiana say, “Congratulations” to John’s announcement that he and Aeryn are getting married. That could just be the knife from his belt though.

CdnFarscape wrote:Thought of another... I htink there's a scene (probably just extended from what we've seen) in the trailer where Chiana is behind John and says something along the lines of "What, no more fun?"...

Yup. I've been wondering about that one too.

Shizuka wrote:Does anyone know where I can catch these trailers cause I don't remember any of those things.

You can watch it here and in three different sizes:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/farscape/small.html
http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/farscape/medium.html
http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/farscape/large.html
Also, there's a thread from a few weeks ago in which Dani gave a link that allows you to download it to your hard drive. If I locate it I'll update this post.

A few of other observations from the mini:
Look closely when Aeryn is in Rygel’s room while they’re receiving the message from his cousin Bashawn (sp?), in the background you can see the painting/portrait Zhann did of him way back at the beginning of season one! I thought that was a really neat touch and comment on Rygel’s relationship with, “the big beautiful blue bitch.” :D (Also, why did Pilot sound as if he’d never heard of Bashawn?)

I thought it sort of poetic that John uses the same knife, Dargo’s knife, that was used to cut a lock of Aeryn’s hair in DMD to cut the baby’s cord.

IMO, Melissa Jaffer may have done all the voice work for Noranti but there are definitely some scenes with a different actress playing her physically. IMO that is not Melissa Jaffer in the scene in the temple when she looks at the wall carving and realizes these people are Eidelons. And it is not Melissa Jaffer talking to John via the comms when she tells him that Jothee has left her in charge. The production tries to hide it by keeping her in the shadows while she's walking and talking but I think it’s a totally different actress.

Also, regarding possible DVD extras, Ben said in an interview somewhere (there’s been so many I'm not sure which one) that the birthing scene was actually a lot more graphic but it was edited.:shock:
Europa.

Claudia: It (kissing) is a weird way to make a living, ... don’t you think?
Ben: (Silent)
Claudia: When Andrew Prowse says, "… we actually need to see you touching tongues on camera …" that’s a weird way to make a living. It is.
Ben: (Still silent)
Claudia: No?
Ben: There are certain jobs that have perks, and ... :lol:
-Ben Browder and Claudia Black at Farscape Con 2004.

"'Farscape, it's different from the waist down ...'"
"That's a good ad campaign for you Thomas! :lol:"
-Ben Browder to Sci-Fi's Thomas Vitale at Comic-Con, July 2004.
Europa1000
Delvian Pa'u

Noranti

Postby scapergirl on Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:13 am

I thought the same thing about Noranti. It might be that it was a different makeup artist that day though. I have to go back and watch it. Bummer :wink:
scapergirl
Luxan Warrior

Postby johncrichton411 on Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:42 am

yeah I thought noranti's makeup in the mini was the worst of any changes.. there are a little things to her face and the third eye that just don't look the same to me as they did in S4
always save crichton
johncrichton411
Luxan Warrior

Postby BrentBarrett on Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:02 am

I do believe that some of the shots of Noranti were not Melissa Jaffer at all, but someone standing in for her. She had to leave the shooting early. Joe mentioned that he's got an interview with her coming up in which she discusses that.
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Noranti again

Postby scapergirl on Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:57 pm

As I was surfing around for screen caps I found a picture of Noranti during one of the scenes when she looks really different and one where she looks normal. I don't know if the pictures qualifiy as spoilers, but I'll give a warning anyway.

Possible spoilers in the following links. . .
"new" Noranti
http://www.farscapefantasy.com/pkw1.2/i ... 97_jpg.jpg

and here's one of her looking more "traditional"
http://www.farscapefantasy.com/pkw1.2/i ... 60_jpg.jpg
scapergirl
Luxan Warrior

Postby johncrichton411 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:57 am

As I was surfing around for screen caps I found a picture of Noranti during one of the scenes when she looks really different and one where she looks normal. I don't know if the pictures qualifiy as spoilers, but I'll give a warning anyway.

the first photo you linked to is exactly when I thought her makeup was horrible.. was it a different actress? that might explain it
always save crichton
johncrichton411
Luxan Warrior

Postby Dani Moure on Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:10 pm

I just assumed they changed the makeup because of the reactions Melissa was happening. I didn't think it was a different actress altogether.
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

hopefully. . .

Postby scapergirl on Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:03 pm

Hopefully we'll find out when the DVD is released. Most of the Farscape DVDs have fun little facts about the show. Let's hope this one does too.
scapergirl
Luxan Warrior

deleted scenes and changes

Postby lady of the uncharteds on Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:24 pm

I found the look of Noranti odd as well and wondered if maybe another actress had stood in for some scenes. On the topic of deleted scenes I really wish more were included in the all of season DVDs and hope they put a lot in with the mini issue. Furthermore....I loved the bloopers in the S4 box set. I wish they would include more of that and have some mini's bloopers - maybe even a blooper set. The cast really seems to be enjoying their work and having fun at it. And some of Anthony Simcoe's ad - libs are hysterical. (another reason I hope D-Argo isn't really gone - Anthony rocks).

And as one of my fellow Scapers said somewhere in this discussion thread, it would be more Scape for fanatical fans such as ourselves to indulge in!!!!
lady of the uncharteds
Peacekeeper Commander

Re: deleted scenes and changes

Postby Europa1000 on Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:14 pm

lady of the uncharteds wrote:On the topic of deleted scenes I really wish more were included in the all of season DVDs and hope they put a lot in with the mini issue.

In his inteview on KBIG radio Ben implied that after the mini series aires all four seasons were going to be re-released on DVD with a, "magnatude of new commentaries." So maybe you'll get your wish. :D You can download the inteview over at the SACC site at http://www.scaper.com/sounds/index.html
Europa.

Claudia: It (kissing) is a weird way to make a living, ... don’t you think?
Ben: (Silent)
Claudia: When Andrew Prowse says, "… we actually need to see you touching tongues on camera …" that’s a weird way to make a living. It is.
Ben: (Still silent)
Claudia: No?
Ben: There are certain jobs that have perks, and ... :lol:
-Ben Browder and Claudia Black at Farscape Con 2004.

"'Farscape, it's different from the waist down ...'"
"That's a good ad campaign for you Thomas! :lol:"
-Ben Browder to Sci-Fi's Thomas Vitale at Comic-Con, July 2004.
Europa1000
Delvian Pa'u

PreviousNext

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars