Condition for a new Farscape Season

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby FrellingFrek on Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:23 pm

ladytass2001 wrote: And let's not forget the fourth quarter of the year would put Farscape up against Football on monday nights. In all reality what do you think more people are going to watch on a monday night in the fall and early winter?

A very discerning observation. Appreciate that. I'm just suggesting that if not Sunday or Monday why not try Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm not particularly aware of any upcoming fall primetime shows in any channels, but i presume that it would help Farscape bounce back from the low ratings it got during it's active airing.

Anyway, i guess it also depends on other people's preference on what they would want to watch. But since Farscape's cancellation, it's following has endured and has been growing steadily. Which is more reason why it should be placed on a better timeslot.
FrellingFrek
Luxan Warrior

Postby ladytass2001 on Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:51 pm

Definately, a better time slot would really help it. Was kind of disappointed when they moved it to such a late time slot on Friday's. I think like you that probably wednesday night slot would be better. It has a good feel to it say wednesday at 8:00 would be about perfect.
Blessed Be
There is no end. There is no begining,There is only the Passionfor ....Life
Federico Fellini
ladytass2001
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Hay on Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:57 pm

And let's not forget the fourth quarter of the year would put Farscape up against Football on monday nights.

out of curiosity english footie or american??

ok now i've got that question out of the way, I think that maybe Farscape shout be aired on a sunday or saturday night cos on a sunday night theres nothing to watch and hardly anyone goes out on a sunday cos of school or work in the morning, and on saturday cos alot of shows shown on a saturday do really well in the rating.
I dunno maybe I'm making myself look stuipd again, but never mind. :D
"Damn, Smokey, you can't argue with a woman!"
John Crichton - Meltdown
Hay
Luxan Warrior

Postby ladytass2001 on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:13 pm

American football I am not sure what time they air English soccer-lol-(that is what it is called over the pond) but you had a good thought with a Sunday night slot but not to sure that a Sunday night would get enough ratings for Sci-fi. Start it on a Tuesday finish it on a wednesday and then show it in it's entirety on Sunday again--really put it out there for all the fan's to catch it. That way we have time to really talk it up to EVERYONE we know!!!!
Blessed Be
There is no end. There is no begining,There is only the Passionfor ....Life
Federico Fellini
ladytass2001
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby FrellingFrek on Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:56 pm

Ok, let's put this into perspective. I being here in the U.S. am stating that Farscape should be placed at the start or in the middle of the week.

To elaborate. Sundays or Mondays could be bad because of American football. And that would mean a conflict.

Wednesdays in the fall season would mean shows like "Smallville" on WB10. And "The O.C." on Fox.

So I guess Tuesday, 8 0r 9pm would be the best time. No bigtime shows or anything that would interest me. And my point being subjective.

Frankly, doesn't matter if it would compete w/ other shows, I'm still going to watch Farscape. I'm just being adamant that a new Farscape season be put on a better timeslot. For the sake of viewers: first-timers or not and for better ratings.
FrellingFrek
Luxan Warrior

Postby Hay on Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:09 pm

Ok well then for the UK sundays would be good cos theres nothing on, but i suppose in america shows are on at differnet times and days.
I am not sure what time they air English soccer-lol

can't say i know myself, (i don't watch the footie or soccer, whatever,) but my mates tell me it on a saturday afternoon. Well that stops my aurgument for Farscape on a saturday!! :D
Start it on a Tuesday finish it on a wednesday and then show it in it's entirety on Sunday again

i think your right bout this, it'll get the most ratings. It'll be kinda like what they do with Eastenders (not that i watch it), if you don't know they have it on weekdays and an omnibus (sp?) on sunday.
"Damn, Smokey, you can't argue with a woman!"
John Crichton - Meltdown
Hay
Luxan Warrior

Previous

Return to Future Farscape