Fanfic: The Talyn Suite V: Getting There feedback

Post and discuss anything fan-created, from fiction to music videos to websites.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Fanfic: The Talyn Suite V: Getting There feedback

Postby Dani Moure on Wed May 12, 2004 10:19 pm

We've just posted Robyn Bender's latest fic (and a big w00t! and thanks for the speediness ;)), The Talyn Suite V: Getting There...

So what did you think? Love it? Hate a plot point? Please feel free to discuss the story, and leave feedback to Robyn, in this thread.
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Postby TheathThatThord on Wed May 12, 2004 11:16 pm

Ah!!! :shock: So excited!! Gasp! Going to read now.
It was a time saver.
----D'Argo - Mind the Baby
TheathThatThord
Luxan Warrior

Postby TheathThatThord on Wed May 12, 2004 11:55 pm

Wow! Amazing again.

One of the things I love about Farscape is how things that happen come back to have impact on future episodes. Just as in real life, nothing exists in a one hour vacuum and is then forgotten. Robyn does this just as well in her fics.

The scars on his forearm and wrist were faint, had to look hard to see them. Just skin that had roughened, marks where a few little vessels had burst, a little thin patch in the hairs. No big deal. Was it just the restraints?

It took me a minute to picture the scene from "Nerve" with him in the Aurora Chair to remember that yes, he was wearing wrist restraints. Nice touch. And then later when Aeryn uses the file chip that Crais originally showed her in "Thanks for Sharing" to find her medical records. All the details are there - perfect.

And this is why I love the character of John Crichton as played by Ben Browder. Thank you, Robyn, for hitting the nail on the head.

God, she could strangle a man with those (thighs). He flashed on their meeting -- his body slammed flat to the deck, how she crashed down over him, straddled his neck. Damn straight, she could. He felt himself grinning. "I love you, Aeryn. I love who you are."
It was a time saver.
----D'Argo - Mind the Baby
TheathThatThord
Luxan Warrior

Postby somniac on Sat May 22, 2004 2:56 pm

I loved it. I've loved every stage of the story.
Robyn has inspired me to write my first fic. (link posted on this forum)
I love the intensity of these stories. I am so excited when I know there's another one to read.
We have no friends!
somniac
Peacekeeper Commander

Return to Fan Creativity