Could I have saved Farscape?

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Could I have saved Farscape?

Postby moonpie on Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:38 am

I just came to a sudden realization. When I moved to San Diego, my roommate was a Nielson viewer. When she moved out, they had to disconnect all the equipment from her TV, etc. When I asked if I could continue as a Nielson viewer, they said sure, just set up a date and we'll send someone out to drill in your TV, etc. Being an pediatrics Intern and working 100 hours a week, I didn't really have the time for that, so I just forgot about it. At the time, of course Farscape was in Season 2 and everything was great. So now I'm thinking back, if I had only made the time to become a Nielson viewer, would that have given enough of a boost in ratings to keep the jerks from cancelling?
I need a wormhole right about now...
moonpie
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby trustywinona on Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:30 pm

i believe Mr. Kemper said it was a diffence of only a few homes...because dont forget, they use around 5000 houses to represent millions
SFL (Scaper For Life)

www.henryip.com <-----go there and feel awesome
trustywinona
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Gaussian on Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:45 am

Nielson is sending me a book to fill out in the next few weeks. ( I don't know.......maybe I'm not supposed to tell anyone?) How does get a permanent gig?? I wonder if I could time it for this fall?????????
"With these wormholes anything is possible. Somewhere the Cubs are winning the World Series."

Farscape.....I miss the Mind-Frell!!!!!
Gaussian
Kalish Resistance

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:34 pm

Gaussian wrote:Nielson is sending me a book to fill out in the next few weeks. ( I don't know.......maybe I'm not supposed to tell anyone?) How does get a permanent gig?? I wonder if I could time it for this fall?????????

Susan...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No you are not supposed to tell anyone, however I will HOPE that you keep getting the written diary through October.

and yes moonpie...trustyw...is correct, from my readings we only needed two more homes to be tuned into the last 11 episodes and SciFi channel would have been forced to honor their contract because the ratings would have been over two...but relax, you would have only added one and that is if they (Nielson) would have let you keep your box through those last 11 episodes and we still would have needed ONE more besides you.

Frelling Nielson ratings.............

Susan you have to keep getting the diary through October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be pulling for you.

PS careful how you fill out that diary to not upset the Nielson gods because I have heard that if you are too drastic (un-politically correct) that they will pull your diary and give it to someone else...frelling Nielson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

done in PA
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Return to Future Farscape