Personal Favourite Episode

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Personal Favourite Episode

Postby LoKi on Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:28 pm

I don't know if this has already been covered but i decided to have a go at it.
Just wondering what everyone's favourite episode is and why.
Personally I enjoy Crackers Don't Matter because of the line delivery by almost everyone once the light starts to have an effect on everyone.

MOD EDIT - SunKrux: This is now a sticky. What does that mean? It means if another thread is started that is in any way similar to this one it will be LOCKED. :D
LoKi
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby AntisocialFarscapeFreak on Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:20 pm

lots of people love crackers dont matter i think it is my favorite i also liked nerve
i am an antisocial farscape freak aim me i need friends

D'Argo:one mippipipipipi, two mippipipipi, there mippipipipi
AntisocialFarscapeFreak
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby gunmenoftheapocalypse on Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:05 pm

Obviously very hard to choose as there are loads, but every time I watch "Die Me Dichotomy" I feel sure that it's the pinnacle of the show, in terms of what I like about it. Exciting, emotional, fantastic sets and effects, the continuation of excellent storylines, and even some humour.

Of course it depens on my mood- if I feel like action and large-scale stories I prefer to watch the trilogies and two-parters, and episodes like "Crackers" provide some great laughs. Late season 2 to the end of season 3 works for me really, no matter what episode it is.
gunmenoftheapocalypse
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Cattivo on Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:30 pm

Don't really have "a" favorite, more like a dozen favorites. Although, if I had to pick one, as of late I've been thinking A Clockwork Nebari is my favorite (ask me next week and I may say something different). I like ACN a lot because it brings more insight into my favorite race the Nebari, we learn more about Nerri, and the story revolves around my favorite two crew members, Chiana and John.

It depends a lot upon mood though.
Cattivo
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Morose Delectation on Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:52 am

hmmm.. I would have to go with a battle between "The Way We Weren't" and "Dog with Two Bones".

WWW is just such a pivotal episode... and invloving two characters that at the time really were outsiders on Moya, although they had been there since the beginning of the show. Also I think it is probably the only episode that gives the viewer a real sense of Pilot and his connection with Moya, and what that really means.

DwTB is always a favorite... especially as it is basically the "wake-up" call for John that he will eventually have to make one hell of a difficult decision, either stay with what he has come to love or return to what he did love.. either way the decision will break someone's heart. And the hallucination sequencing used in the episode really make the meaning that much more potent.
Everytime I think there's more to you than a pair of pushed up loomers in a corset, you disappoint me. ~ Rygel
Morose Delectation
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby scorpy_clone on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:28 am

i must say that my favorite ep has to be...... incubator!!! i don't think that anyone else likes it. but i don't care cause i do!
scorpy_clone
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:53 am

scorpy_clone wrote:i must say that my favorite ep has to be...... incubator!!! i don't think that anyone else likes it. but i don't care cause i do!

here is a thread with a list started earlier

http://www.farscapeworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1983

this may help

and here: http://www.farscapeworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1130

sorry Dani, I know I am no moderator, however I was reading another thread you had to lock and was trying to help.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: Cyn was that you with the smack to the back of my head?hehe

done in PA

just trying to keep it light here in fw.com
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Rygelfan on Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:18 am

Favorite episode...wow...all 88. I dont know. The Premeire always reminds me why I love this show. I dont know that I'd call it my fave tho. Dont really have on, I like them all fairly equally.
You have the right to the remains of a silent attourney. If you cannot afford one, tough noogies! You have the right to a phone call, I recommend Trixie 976555love. Do you understand these rights? Well do you punk?
Rygelfan
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:59 am

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went to my second thread link from above and found the date posted first quite interresting. 3/25/2003 and this thread beginning 3/27/2004 is there something there? :?: Am I just tired with an allergy headache and should go to bed? :?: Should I go get "Family Ties" my favorite episode and watch it first? :?:

Nah...headache pretty bad and I enjoy FT too much so bed it is.
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby gunmenoftheapocalypse on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:54 pm

scorpy_clone wrote:i must say that my favorite ep has to be...... incubator!!! i don't think that anyone else likes it. but i don't care cause i do!

I think Incubator's pretty good, but it does have the unfortunate effect of reducing Scorpius' scare factor, which I don't feel he ever regains even at the end of season 4.

The episode looked really good on screen, with the mist and the planet and everything, and I even liked the B-story with Lindfer (apologies for spelling) defecting to Moya. She could have been cool.
gunmenoftheapocalypse
Delvian Pa'u

Postby LoKi on Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:43 am

I know i said that CDM was my favourite at the start of the thread, but i just watched John Quixote, and aeryn's accent when she is the princess makes me laugh uncontrollably every time i hear it. So maybe its a tie...
LoKi
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby skchwojko on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:16 am

THE CHOICE without a doubt!!! What a dark, surreal, & magnificent episode. Claudia Black's simple yet poignant choices in her performance allowed the audience to experience the grief process with her. This episode had a great impact on my own experience with dealing with the loss of my unborn child . . . and possibly the dream of ever becoming a mother myself.

I hope to oneday thank the writer (Justin Monjo), director (Rowan Woods), and Ms. Black for their care in dealing with such a sensitive and universal experience as grief with respect while staying dedicated to the unique artform of
FARSCAPE which we all love dearly.
CBOOL #73 1/2 -don't forget the 1/2
Keeper of the Aeryn Sun Wardrobe Collection
"May you be blessed with a joyous life"-chickwithgun (CB) to skchwojko 20 Apr 2004
"Thank you for letting the Creator use you to touch so many souls, because that's how deep this goes." skchwojko to BB & CB 11/04
skchwojko
Luxan Warrior

Postby Nuada on Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:21 pm

:D best episode? :o

It's way too hard to pick one

I think some of the smaller episodes in the early series were great, like Durka Returns and the introduction of Chiana :!:
'Well, this space man is going home. Lock up the women and hide the fried chicken!
Nuada
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby sorrell on Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:17 pm

I love them all, but one of the many favourites is Out of their Minds, I loved it when Rygel had Crichtons body and had to 'go', and when Crichton was checking Aeryns body. Hilarous :lol:
sorrell
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby skchwojko on Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:23 pm

I got to thank her. I honestly thought I never would.

"<skchwojko> to <ChatQ>: I just wanted to thank you for the great care and respect you showed in your performance in “The Choice”. It was magnificent and helped me learn how to say good-bye to a baby I lost a couple of cycles ago and move on, but never forget, as well. Thank you and God Bless You!! Was that the most difficult episode you had to do?
<CHICKWITHGUN> It was fulfilling. was it the hardest for you to watch? you are very brave.
<Black Tee> Claudia was fairly magnificent in the Choice
<Black Tee> ga
<Black Tee> ...
<CHICKWITHGUN> a lot of people say the same about the choice. it was my version of grief up there. i drew on personal experience so i am glad it translated and had resonance for others. thank you for what you said.and i am so sorry for what you went through. may you be blessed with a joyous life"
CBOOL #73 1/2 -don't forget the 1/2
Keeper of the Aeryn Sun Wardrobe Collection
"May you be blessed with a joyous life"-chickwithgun (CB) to skchwojko 20 Apr 2004
"Thank you for letting the Creator use you to touch so many souls, because that's how deep this goes." skchwojko to BB & CB 11/04
skchwojko
Luxan Warrior

Next

Return to Episodes