Heroes Season 3 (or 2.5 or whatever)no spoilers-US

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Re: Heroes Season 3 (or 2.5 or whatever)no spoilers-US

Postby sleeper on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 pm

I wonder where the Haitian is in all of this... is he with Mama Petrilli?

I was having a discussion with one of my friends about Heroes and she said that it would not surprise her if HRG was hiding a power. That would be an interesting twist.

I think that somebody is projecting and manipulating Matt to see the African. There has to be something more than Matt being able to have Isaac's power all of a sudden.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:25 am

I don't think HRG is hiding a power. If he has a power, he'd be more surprised than anybody- he's always been a fan of classifying people as us and them, and partnering one of us, one of them.

I think the african guy is projecting himself from the past, that he had visions of the future and in those visions did the drawings Matt is doing- only his visions of the future involved astral travel there, and he's possessing Matt, so to speak, and drawing thru him. Think of like Daniel and Vala's trips to another galaxy with the with the vessels, and substitute another time for another galaxy. And we've seen this sort of thing happen before with Peter and ...and Devereau? .... I have such a bad memory for names. The guy he was working hospice for, who had visions of the future and built the building that Peter had a chat with 6 weeks after he died, and he challenged Peter to wonder whether it was his vison of Peters future or Peter's vision of his past, (or likely both) that enabled the conversation.

Certainly it explains why Peter from the camps (after Nathan went public) sent him there, so he could understand the African better when the cross visions began.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mreen on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:15 am

Just a quick note since I never posted on this ep:

It was a good ep, but it felt very odd watching the bit with Sylar describing how his dad took him birdwatching as a toddler. The reason it felt so odd- for those few moments I actually liked Sylar!

Now, I've never liked Sylar. I never liked him as a villain - too gory for my taste, or as a character as whenever they explore it they bring up a contradiction in any logical pattern, trying to justify his behavior.
(I mean, the whole nonsense that being a serial killer comes with his power, when they later made it clear he could absorb powers thru empathy just as Peter did? Essentially he has the same power as Peter, but just gets jollies out of killing so does it just because..and the reverse illogic of Peter's urge to kill after absorbing his power, tho they later showed Sylar’s power was just Peter’s same power mishandled, was just too painful for my brain.. I want to like the show, but those sort of painful please-dont-think-about-what-you're-seeing-so-we-can-use-this was too much ..anyway..back to my point..)
There are times when his character breaks down, like after killing his mom, that he had my sympathy, times when he's killing off Nathan's Nazi's that I couldnt help cheering for him ...but I still never liked the guy.

Occasionally he'd be creepy funny ... like earlier in the ep where he was trying to deny that he was a serial killer and the kid spells it out to him, and he can't shut the kid up till he admits okay, he's a serial killer, that made me laugh ... but until he sat there describing his childhood memories - to someone he wasnt holding hostage, this time - he never ever was the sort of character I liked. It didn't last long, but it does open up some possible futures for him - tho I still hope they'll kill him off, with all the other villains they've got, no reason to keep hanging on to this one.

The end where the mini-me kid is thanking him for his rescue and Sylar is denying it is back to the creepy funny style again - normally Sylar is smoothly accepting thanks and trust from anyone and everyone, so he can better use them later - but this kid, he keeps begging him not to like him <g> and can't handle it when the kid does. And then he flicks on the radio to drown out the kids voice - and it's the song Psycho Killer! Kid is cracking up and Sylar is just at a loss of how handle this. Very cute.

I didnt expect HRG to kidnapped by the terrific trio - the way the scene reflected almost exactly the way Matt was kidnapped, and countless others, I thought it would be Angie's or Nathan's out of control people who went after him.

Tracy's role was predictable ...but frankly, I expected her to play Abby much better than she did, unless she expected to be let go for getting Nathan his funding. She knew Abby, heard Abby say she was going to take care of things, and saw her in the hallway after her clearly arranged escape. A simple soliloquy by the mover and shaker that Tracy is under pressure, and she'd have had the world at her feet - free, a few million in settlements, and possibly control of the whole game if she showed Abby she did have powers in the right context. As it played out... well. I guess .. well. Anyhow, I'm sure she'll come back with something better down the line. They dont really intend to suddenly make her as dumb as Nikki, who whether she was Nikki or Jessica, she just played the game on henchmen/victim level. Tracy is ambitious, smart and used to making things happen from a much higher level, tho always from behind the scenes - really a Madame Petrelli apprentice. Not her equal yet, but someone who might be there after another decade or two of sharpening her tools. Now she's just .. dumb blonde with a vicious ice queen nickname to live up to. Writers surely are planning on redeeming themselves later. I guess.

Nathan is holding his psycho soldier responsible for letting Tracy out, as if he never suspected anything ...but since he hasnt gotten rid of the guy after his own daughter was kidnapped, then shot and is daily threatened, he's clearly keeping psycho-soldier there just so he can have someone to pawn the guilt off on after each sin. Make a grand move to replace him with someone like HRG when the moment is right... but if he's not careful, psycho-soldier will do the same thing.

Psychosoldier's got Abby now, technically, and can replace Nathan with her or some other politician, or simply seize control ..he just need's Nathan's face to keep the funding coming right now, then he can blame Nathan's soft tactics for all their failures, shoot him, and take over. He'll find out Nathan can fly at some point, but still will wait for that moment to slide into place, just as Nathan is.

HRG will have to get rid of psychosoldier at that time, but I'm still not clear whether he'll pull the trigger or Matt. If Matt pulls the trigger, HRG can try and take over Nathan's spot, prelude to the OIW rearing back up. Mama Petrelli has it all waiting, she knows exactly how it will happen - it's just a matter of how much of Nathan is left to join her when he's done flailing about on his own.

Claire's doing better than I thought she would- thank goodness they finally dealt with telling her mom about it. Drove me nuts last ep that she'd lie pretty lies to her mother after all those partnering up and stop underestimating Mom storylines they had so far this season. If they get to the point where they forget the character growths they've been building towards all season, they might as well just wrap the show up now. HRG needs his wake up call, Lyle had to see, along with Mom that the two of them are lying again, otherwise there's no point in having a family storyline at all.

(tho this has been the most crushing disappointment of the season so far, that they havent dealt with all those storylines they left open when season 2 was stopped midstream)

All and all it was good ep, picking up on mistakes made before, providing a new twist here and there, and helping edge the series back on track from all it lost.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:54 pm

"Cold War" has got to be the most boring episode of Heroes ever! Well that is kinda strong. I should say that it is boring because Sylar wasn't in it. Also it is boring because the "terrific trio" have turned into the 3 Stooges. And I mean the Stooges without Curly bad. Also no Hiro or Ando. The only thing that was good about it is, that it confirmed how out of control and lost Nathan is and that Mama Petrilli is waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces with HRG's help. (It seems that HRG will always be a company man.) Better watch out Nathan, the main Nazi is going to find out what power you have and you are going to have a tube up the nose.
Now Matt has forseen that D.C. will be destroyed.... and that he will be a mad bomber.
Well we have seen from previous episodes, when ever we see cities destroyed in the paintings, they never turn out true... only in alternate timelines. The writers are really bouncing around in this season. The loose ends are flying everywhere. Will it ever be fixed?
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby sleeper on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Wow, just wow.

The latest episode of Heroes "Exposed" is probably the best episode yet this season.
The show finally lets Claire's stepmom in on what was going on and showing that she isn't just a wallflower. It just shows that HRG should not have "protected" her and he would have had a valued partner if he had clued her in on what he was/is doing.

Finally Nathan is realizing that what he is doing, isn't in everyone's best interest and goes back to Mom for advice.... in which she gives by telling him what she has seen for the future. I think that Nathan and Peter should just give up on trying to hug each other. :roll:

Eric Doyle (aka puppet master) showing up at Claires, scared the crap out of me. :thud: . I didn't expect that. Nice twist there.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable episode, but still Ando and Hiro were no shows. Poor Matt... he sure is in a pickle, can't wait until next week.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 pm

lol- I didnt consider either episode boring - and really was very happy to have less Sylar ...but am really tired of the mistakes writers are doing with this show. What's the point of playing the guessing game based on the clues they give us, if they are going to pull a Smallville on us and say, well, now we're pretending it doesnt work that way.

The nonsense with the eclipse is horrendous, (perversely, instead time healing that one, the longer its been since that ep aired, the more it bothers me) but suddenly Matt is saying Peter never used more than one power at a time...we know that he's used several at once, but has been too dense all season 3 to use more than one at a time, so they decided to make the fault in the story the new truth?
Suddenly his ability is based on touch instead of empathy, even tho he got his power back with the injection that apparently gives you the power you think hardest about when you get it, - so he should have gotten his natural empathy based power back...not to mention his dad never showed a one power at a time limitation and his dad was the only one who needed to touch to gain a power (not like Sylar and Peter). His dad would hardly have given up the plethora he gained from Peter to touch Nathan if would have cost him so much to gain an ability he already had.

The appearance of the puppet master was good tho - I dont really like the character that much, but having their supposed ally send him to the house of the last people he terrorized for help ...well, that's a Madame Petrelli move after all. I was supposing Rebel was not working with her and HRG, but a separate entity (HRG being such an obvious red herring for Rebel) but now it looks like Rebel may be HRG after all. Or the Haitian, I suppose, his partner still acting on his orders.

Since every season they reveal a name, maybe the Haitian is overdue <g> or they might have given him a couple so far and none stuck.

Matt's predicament - with any other character would be scary, for him it's just humorous. They've given him a few heavier storylines from time to time, but the truth of the character is that Matt, as a good guy, is a bumbler. And not Hiro bumbler, who will always turn up roses no matter what he lands in, but the sort of bumbler that things go wrong for, manages to get out with some nice guy logic and help, but always feels a bit less for getting into that sort of trouble anyway. "I'm sorry I let some maniac strap a bomb to my chest. Really, I'm sorry."
He survives to feel like a loser, and then redeem himself a bit on the last day. Recycle and repeat. (Till maybe one day Tim doesnt do the 'survive' bit. Matt doesnt have Hiro's magic aura to keep him going.) The only time he doesnt worry about himself and drag himself down is when he's on 'bad' streak. Out for revenge, or being a ruthless killer, he doesnt bother to question himself, just get the job done. But those are just variations on what Matt might be, he seems determined to come back to dumb good guy in the end.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Micah is rebel... and I'm sticking with it until I''m proven wrong.... dammit please be Micah.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby frenchkissing on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:14 am

in my opinion Elle is as beautoful as Clair in Heroes. and guys have you ever seen Farsacpe 1-4 seasons box set?
frenchkissing
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mreen on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:30 am

Someone has got to ban that spammer before everyone here gets some virus from their site.

You got your wish sleeper!

This was a good ep, lots of fun things and more plugging holes - and even the Ice Queen had a good finish.
Sylar found his moral equal in Mr I Wanna Be A Nazi, Nathan is twisting in a his own vines, Peter is pulling the moves, Daphne got a nice send off, and we finally see some work done on the Janice and the baby front.
(Wasn't that the best part of the whole ep? They can have the spectacular action, key revelations, and big goodbyes - but Hiro Ando and the baby steal the show "We will make you big again, Matt Parkman!" =D> - I was laughing so much - and then the poignant moments about parenthood worked in around the Baby Touch N Go humor - and - Hiro and Ando trying to re-enact the ET in the closet scene :lol: ... everytime. Hiro/Ando are the money team)

(altho the ep does lose one point for again making the mistake with the eclipse - everybody got their powers 6months before the eclipse, except Matt's started the next day or so. -and maybe, Tim, you shouldnt be reminding us of the ep with the most faults - including a complete solar eclipse happening all over the world at the same time - were you even listening to the speech you wrote for Mohinder in the first ep, reminding us how elipses are different all over the world- barely visible in some spots, complete in others- and everyone seen till then already had powers before it started!)

Until they had Rebel be a big deal I just thought it was the Rachael? character from season 1 that could email people and read all email - they've shown more than one character have the same power, like the sonic guy having the same power as the going postal mail man.

Ando is showing his power isnt just acceleration, he's got a lighting bolt like Elle when he wants it.
I'm looking forward to this being wrapped up and more stories being worked on, it should be good stuff.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Well, it was nice to finally get a guess right.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby sleeper on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Micah almost got caught... still don't know how he was able to talk Sylar into letting him go. Sylar has offically gone off his rocker. I was thinking that he would get a power one day that he couldn't handle. It was fun to see Clint Howard get a cameo part.

Overall the series has gotten better. The last 3 episodes with "I am Sylar" being the last, have been excellent. I hope the final episode proves to be good.

I do hope that Sylar is able to get rid of "mom".
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Sorry I havent posted for a while- but I do have a real life too <g> and Easter vacation with the family precludes watching Heroes- I am caught up and we've had some good eps. I actually dont want them to get rid of 'Mom'- Sylar is so much more fun when he realizes he's out of control - it was great to see Micah convince him to help the movement, and then get away clean. Off to find Aunt /Mom number 3.

The eps were good tho some of it I had little issues with - but I enjoyed them all.

Not sure what is going on with Mr D having Matt's mental power - he was the man of visions in season 1, having them after he died. Was he supposed to have passed it on to the other prophets when he died? Bcs Isaac was already doing the paintings without mental powers, and Mr D clearly wanted Peter to be his successor, focusing and helping him save NYC, bypassing time and space with their vision sharing (Peter collapsing in the parking lot ally was an iffy scene, but the vision at least made scene, and HRG finding him was okay)

I love the bits with Matt and baby, and that Ando did the Yoda face from Star Wars in 30 Minutes to calm the baby down - that was hysterical (as was their attempt at the ET scene when they met Mom) Matt and his ex work well together in really fleshing out each other's characters - Matt tends to be a bit useless or dim witted, but when he's with her, she makes him think and his character becomes a real person. Even if they dont end up as a couple, they need her around to keep him realistic instead of reactive - in scenes without her, there is often a feeling of a writer saying "What if I make Matt do this stupid move? That will give us a story line!" They dont dare be that careless when they write scenes for the two of them tho, she'd call him on it. -and if he used mind control on her...well, they may as well not write for her at all. Matt's not that dumb to invalidate the character of a woman he loved/maybe loves - he's shown that. They make him at least have normal intelligence with her instead of ..well, unable to think past what looks dramatic. I always felt he was the dumbest character after Daphne ...even with Peter's huge mistakes, Peter's made huge right moves as well.

Everyone forgiving Nathan is a little off. He played the Hitler card, rounding people off to camps to get political power while feeling justified about it - even Hiro, his brother and his daughter. I understand Mom forgiving him - she only frowns on strategy with a potential for failure, she's got no real moral compass of her own. She desires ends, not means. The bit with her sister is interesting, the start of her lies to her loved ones - but ..honestly, I think that would have turned her off on lying to loved ones. She lies to her sister and her sister dies in a massacre with her whole family. It explains how she became a 'no matter how it's done' kind of person towards strangers, but not why she manipulates and destroys her children and grandchildren's lives thru constant deception. If she had told her sister some truth that led to her being in the massacre, I could see it better. But ... it's almost nit picking at this point, since what they wanted was to show that her lying to her sister destroyed her life for 50yrs, and that Alice wouldnt forgive her for it. Somehow Angela is happier with that - she's used to destroying (tho usually not killing) loved ones for her goals, and if Alice actually survived that first lie, it's a lot easier for Angela to live with than the death of Alice as a child.

I'm sort of interested in seeing Alice explored further - despite the use of child imagery, she is no child but a full grown woman in her 60s who has managed to keep herself alive and do not so badly for herself. The company, the government, - not a psychic or powered person or even Sylar has ever realized she was around. Tho she lived hermit style, she had a lifestyle, methods of survival - she might be quite a formidable person to deal with. My only fear with her is that writers pretend she's somehow childlike ..I dont see someone who lived thru what she lived thru as living in an eternal childhood, but growing up all too quickly and learning how to do whatever it took to survive. She'd be tough and clever - a wily target that might evade all hunters, sort of like the wise trickster character - she wasnt exactly living hand to mouth either, she learned how to cover more than the basics, and also do without what she didnt need. The intelligence of Madame Petrelli, focused on her own survival, instead of world control.

(Angela didnt want domination of the world, but control. Different in that she'd manipulate behind the scenes - people werent supposed to know she was charge, but it would be her game that was played - that only disasters and massacres that she approved of would take place, to tighten her control, and justify to herself that it prevented massacres that she didnt approve of from happening again.)

A good ep sometime would be something with Alice and Peter for one ep, she kidnaps him in a storm, something like that (whatever), he spends the time relating to the aunt that hasn’t had any family to relate to, having for 50yrs have had faith in a sister that lied to her all this time. He could be the key to turn her around to something else, in a way that Angela could never do. For one thing, he knows all about being betrayed by your trusted elder sibling, over and over again. If they hadn’t rushed the forgiveness of Nathan to fit it in this season, it could have been part of why he eventually forgives Nathan - he had to step in that direction to get the aunt he never knew to forgive Mommy dearest ..who he also keeps forgiving, but as she built in the buttons she’s pushing, that makes more sense than the Nathan bits. Besides, I get the sense his forgiving Mom was more about having a shoulder to cry on by offering one, I don’t think he actually trusts her out of sight. At least I hope not. Maybe I just can’t take the idea of Peter being more gullible than he already looks, but I have to think of him as at least having learned that his mother is never going to make the moral choice over the expedient one.

Now- I really hated Peter forgiving Nathan. All the other characters, possibly even Claire, are used to working with the devil to get the ends they want - or even being the devil to do it. While Peter forgives Nathan almost anything at anytime, I think Nathan playing the Hitler card should have taken more than season to forgive. Peter working with him, I understand. He would hate it, but would do anything to save the world from killers on all sides, even working with Syler or his mother, or Nathan. But forgiving him ...seemed a bit rushed. For one thing, Peter is a lot smarter when he knows better than to trust Nathan, he watches Nathan more carefully - Nathan can still fool him, but Peter is cautious enough to keep it interesting at least. I had hoped to see Peter calmly keeping the distance between them, alert for betrayal - they could have done a Nathan/Sylar turnaround thing, where no one knows which is which with shape shifting and Peter could have spotted some vital clue in time to prevent Nathan/Sylar from throwing some deadly switch - but if they're all lovey-dovey, Sylar walks down easy street and the family are all pushovers.

Now it will be HRG, the only person alert enough to pay attention to Nathan's dealings and who is looking for Sylar in everyone he meets. Peter may still spot something that his mushy feelings for his brother let him believe his brother would never do (some small dark deed/or wearing an unfashionable tie) but it would have been much cooler if Peter was on to him while still not trusting Nathan. A year of storylines to bring Peter and Nathan back would have been good for both characters, with Claire alternating between peacemaker and siding with Peter. (Can't do Peter and Claire actually against each other, you'd destroy some of the good things the show has going for it -their absolute trust of each other's character* is one of the thin golden threads keeping the story the Heroes story, all part of that which keeps the story sometimes noble and sweet, as well as dramatic and fun)

*excluding time travel versions which really, show why you cant cut those threads -story just sort of becomes annoying instead of fun

However, we can trust HRG to remain interesting and alert (minus his cell phone weakness) to carry on with that storyline. Now the HRG issues with his wife are working out - I mean you just can't keep lying to that woman, now that she isnt being brain damaged into accepting all that- she and her son have their own growth in the storylines and HRG has been ignoring that. He treats them exactly as he did before, as if nothing has changed and he can get away with anything as long he protects his family. But his idea of protection is to stop them from knowing anything about problems he faces, so that they are constantly getting fallout from his enemies and his own methods, without knowing what is coming till HRG has arranged it to be so.

They dont need to actually divorce the characters, but his wife needs to take him on, to run her own end games around him, his people, to protect her family - she can base hers on being honest with her children about what is happening, so Lionel knows why she has files and what ways to destroy the enemies most likely to hurt the family (like Lionel using water to keep Electrogal from hurting people) - HRG will feel that slap in the face every time he visits home, that she has dug thru his computer and email - well, not really, he wouldnt keep info on the computer - but she would easily pick up information by simply checking his cell phone messages, his Achilles heel, and every time he'd change the password, she'd know the new one before he did- she knows him so much better than he gives her credit for.

No need to make them regular superheroes, but like they started to show us before, more simple scenes where someone breaks in and Lionel and Mom can handle it bcs they read the files - something simple like Lionel throwing water, etc, not his mom trusting a teenage boy with a lethal weapon -heck, she doesn't even trust him with a car! But, say the mom reads up on the weaknesses of the ones likely to come after her kids, and could relay to Lionel the basics of how to defeat various ones - this one is sensitive to high pitched sounds, this one water, this one microwaves, this one can be trapped by mirrors - those sorts of things. Responsible parenting by passing on key information of household hazards, like how to handle likely stalkers and break ins, or “What 911 Won‘t Cover“.

They do another scene where someone comes after them, and the family handles it without HRG again, but this time he walks in or sees them in action, Or a bit with Lionel -next year when he's a better driver <g>- driving up out of the blue to pick up Claire bcs Mom figured out she was in a bad spot, and he zips her away from point A in the story to point B so she can take on somebody else a little more her size - something to show that HRG may be out of his depth with dealing with his family, but they arent when it comes to taking care of themselves. Just continue to show that they can think and act on their own, and that HRG is always facing that he doesnt control them, as much as he outwits the rest of the world.
(I dont see HRG ever really accepting that - it's one of those lessons he's going to have learn over and over, and continue to admire his wife for how much smarter she is than he ever gives her credit for. Tho someday a scene where he smiles bcs some bad guy is about to take on his assumed helpless wife and he knows she can handle this guy might be a reward on down the line. Distant future sort of thing - and not a Sylar type villain either. Someone just smalltime enough that they think everyone without a power is a victim)

Still find Peter’s one power at a time bit annoying - before he was just badly written by only using one at a time, now they made a rule. He needs to flex his empathic muscle as start becoming a force to be reckoned with again. If not all powers, still, seeing him handle 2-3 at once would much cooler. Maybe they can use a teaching him to juggle analogy - or maybe its time for Chris to come back and beat some better control into him. (I miss Chris’s character!) And we never got the Chris&HRG reunion story - even if HRG never knows it's Chris, there should at least be some silent payback that Peter is aware of and takes the blame for or something. But Chris and HRG could maybe get an ep to work out some issues… or, if not HRG, an ep with Peter and Chris and whoever Chris was protecting from the company. (Assuming the person was not actually Claire, as her powers didnt start till 6m before season one, she healed normally till then - or Alice. Too much like an afterthought.)

Edited for bad spelling and lack of clarity with 'he' all the time [-X
Last edited by Mreen on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mreen on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:31 am

Just watched the finale, but missed a few minutes in the beginning so will need to rewatch it tomorrow.

Quick first impressions: Nathan solution a disaster in the making - we can all see that unraveling - tho it follows nicely from Peter's early vision of Nathan turning into Sylar when Peter is vulnerable - the two always walked very similar paths, I could have bought that they were brothers when Madame Petrelli claimed it.

She said she needed it done because she wanted her son back anyway she could - but she really can't bring herself to love him. She uses him as a pawn, she waits for it all to fall apart and tries to control it - but she can barely touch him.

HRG lying to his family about Sylar - well, he hasnt learned a thing - emphasized by calling the Orginization That Needs A Name "The Company"
It's not his destiny to grow much

Hiro's story, and Ando's is interesting - something new is brewing for the brave pair. A loss for Hiro and a new challenge. But they need to go back to Japan to develop it. Sounds like he's going to talk to his departed father again. It would be nice to see Mohinder follow him there to treat him and do something, but I dont think Mohinder will do that. He'll see him in the US, or in India, but he's not going to Japan to help him. Hiro and Ando always have to start out separate from the others, then join in along a parallel path.

Claire is going to hate her Dad when she figures it out, but of course she wont till a lot of damage has been done. This is what will destroy the marriage more than the first threat of divorce because a frightened HRG pulled a gun on his wife. That was damage, but still recoverable - but this one... only poisons the well the family draws from. No 'But Honey it was the only way" will save him now.

Peter - used cleverness to defeat Sylar. We're all in shock, dying from it, I know. But was the actor(Mike/President) looking cross-eyed to make fun of Peter's earlier idiocy? Just a bad camera angle? I took it as a comment on Peter's intelligence myself, but we'll see. I liked Peter saving the day that way - and Sylar's confusion from shape shifting made it more believable that he'd be unable to fight the drug.

Overall- fresh from the viewing - I liked the ep. A lot of fun, suspense, and a good ending in catching Sylar with a shape shifted Peter. Next season should be good - I expect the redemption theme will take on a lot more than a confused Sylar Nathan rampage, but possibly not just a Hiro trying to redeem himself to be worthy of his powers, but I'm seeing Ando trying to redeem himself as well. Since Hiro got powers he's been reluctantly, then happily playing sidekick, then reluctantly, but happily playing Hero - but his resentment at being Hiro's sidekick, and Hiro often treating that way, is going to make Ando have to try and redeem himself from some act he finally takes. The foreseen attack on Hiro, that Hiro thought Ando murdered him .. maybe it wont happen that way, but Ando is going to do have some journey by himself to make up for something that he does. (Either that or he needs to find the Holy Grail to cure Hiro, but they pretty much covered that with Hiro and Ando doing the quest for the sword in season one) It is risky breaking them up, as they are the bread and butter of the show, but something will happen at some point to make a separate quest for Ando that Hiro is the witness instead of the other way around. Then all is well and the pair are back and the good stuff really begins.

Anyhow, that's my impression of what they're giving us so far. After I see the whole ep I may think differently, but we'll see.

ETA- correcting a few spellings, and realized I initially wrote Chandra could treat Hiro instead of Mohinder. Interesting mix up. Mohinder plans to explore more of his father's past - discover if his father was trying to redeem himself from his activities as a Quasi-Nazi doctor, or what was going on. That Chandra would have been born in the 1920s. Frankly, his father didnt look 80 ++ yrs old to me, so how could he be some super specialist that the paranoid US army brought in from India to treat their mutant problems? Why some foreign doctor that barely looked 30yrs old? Why not their own US born patriot expert? It was the 50s - there wasnt a whole lot of enlightenment or trust in the Army or any group in charge of concentration camps. Seems odd. Maybe this is Hiro and Ando's chance to explore the mystery of Chandra (played by more actors than any other character who wasn’t a Timelord) with Mohinder. If the writers are playing any attention to what they've done there, Chandra could be anything from mutant, an alien, a clone that broke off on his own, or someone who experimented on himself, then undid it, but ended up with a damaged daughter resulting from his damaged genes. Was Chandra trying to explore mutants openly to make up for the massacre, keep it out of government hands, but open to the public? Or was he a clone ...well, since there's nothing identical, some freak quick grow offspring that didnt know better, Papa Chandra never explained to him clearly how he was created in the storm of mutant attack *** or is he shifting in from other universes, which is why Chandra is never played by the same person more than twice - he is constantly being replaced with his counterparts, and no one notices as the universe reforms around him .. only Hiro, with Ando's accelerant, can see thru the shifts in the universe to spot this at some point - I got it! They'll notice the drawings are incredibly different in the comics!! :mrgreen:
***(accidentally ... obviously since no two Chandra's look alike I can't say clone <g> sidenote: even the triplets, that are hinted at being clones, weren’t created till after the DNA breakthru of the 60s, and jokes of the Eureka universe aside, I think real cloning is too unlikely for respectable scifi to introduce too early - I‘d prefer to think that they were real triplets or that they found a way to make a duplicate babies - suppose a mutant had the power to make a duplicate of anything, and they tried it out on babies?)
We'll see...
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Previous

Return to Other Shows