Official Doctor Who Series 4 *SPOILERS*

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby sleeper on Thu May 01, 2008 3:11 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot that they were Pschically linked so evil Martha has the memories of the real Martha... I wonder what happens when that link is broken?
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Yeah, I wonder if Martha will use the psychicc link to plant some clue in evil Martha's behavior that she isn't the real deal. Like Kirk did with Spock with that "You miserable halfbreed" line when he was cloned with memoriers transfered.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Prowler on Sat May 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Ya know, it's bloody hard to comment about an episode that probably most of the readers of this post haven't seen yet, actually frustrating is the word, I want to share and can't 'couse i don't want to spoil it.

Just seen the 2nd part of the Soontaran episodes "The Poison Sky" A grand 2nd part of the story. Donna comes into her own, in a big way, as a character she's really improving and my admiration for Catherine Tate is improving.
Martha, poor Martha, trapped.

Watch out for a reference to "The Empty Child" Bloody funny, had to rewind to make sure I'd caught it!!! :D

A brief glimpse of Rose, another clue to the coming mini arc??

And the revalation at the end, in the trailer for next weeks show HOLY FRELLING Shocker (not quite my words, but you get the gist.)

Hope I haven't given much away and you can enjoy the ep.
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby sleeper on Sun May 04, 2008 7:17 am

"Are you my Mummy?"..... I thought that was a funny touch to that scene.

Of course the preview for next week was..... shocking to say the least. Its great that they got Peter Davidson's daughter to play the part of.........
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby KaraS on Sat May 10, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm enjoying the new season.

With Rose, the Doctor was a mentor and kind of a father figure. Martha was an intellectual equal and she had acrush on him which the Doctor didn't really know what to do about.

I'm enjoying the brother/sister vibe I get with Donna and the Doctor. They'll be bickering like siblings throughout the entire season I'm sure. And Donna is more independant than Rose, or even Martha. She'll cause lots of trouble for the Doctor and it will be entertaining as all get out!
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Tue May 13, 2008 3:10 pm

Brilliant episodes, and Georgia Moffet was amazing. A also like how they've handled Donna's character. And I like that Donna and Martha got on well. Still miss Martha as a full timer. Martha just seems to fit in the scifi worlds. She seems to have an amazing compacity for making herself at home in alien worlds different times, and connect with the guest characters. It was a real strong point of season 3.

Solid conclusion to the Sontarans and an amazing episode to follow.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Prowler on Wed May 14, 2008 7:21 am

I enjoyed The Doctors Daughter, one of the better episodes from RTD and crew.

Did anyone else notice the mark on The Doctors hand after the sample was taken, looked like the 'injury' from The Empty Child
Can I get a Hell Yeah!?!
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby sleeper on Wed May 14, 2008 3:54 pm

I'm glad that the daughter survived at the end. Hopefully we will see her at the end of the season. This is one new character that I hope sticks around for a while. I still wish that Susan would have shown up more in the History of Dr. Who. (And who or what happen to his real daughter? and the Mom?) Ehhhggg too many questions this early in the morning. :thud:
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Fri May 16, 2008 8:24 pm

I'm glad she survived too. She's a great character, well played, and I'd like to see more of her.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Firecracker on Thu May 22, 2008 3:47 pm

sleeper wrote:I'm glad that the daughter survived at the end. Hopefully we will see her at the end of the season. This is one new character that I hope sticks around for a while. I still wish that Susan would have shown up more in the History of Dr. Who. (And who or what happen to his real daughter? and the Mom?) Ehhhggg too many questions this early in the morning. :thud:

Didn't the Doctor say that all his family (children etc) died in the last Time War? I don't have the exact words but I am sure that is what he said.

That was the whole thing about Christopher Eccelston's Doctor - his overwhelming loneliness - and why Rose was so important to him.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Prowler on Fri May 30, 2008 8:33 pm

Have just seen the Mid Season Trailer and WOW!! OMFG, and is now winding up for a great mini arc for the seires finale :)

Goto www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ and look at the 'video' section
Can I get a Hell Yeah!?!
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby sleeper on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:45 pm

The Silence in the Library two parter was very good. It answers the question... What if the Doctor meets somebody who is a companion... a future companion and that person knows everything about him?

The Doctor really doesn't like people that are as smart or knows more than him.

Well maybe not like is too strong... maybe he really feels uncomfortable with the situation.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SunKrux on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:28 pm

I think River Song is his future wife. That is all. :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby sleeper on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Well, Midnight is one of the better stories that RTD has written. I think he was trying to compete with Moffat, as far as writing a scary story. I think Moffat is one of the best writers for DW in a long time and am very happy that he will be taking over as Producer in 2010.

So next week we will finally see the return of Rose, the death of the Dr.(yeah, right!!)? and maybe the death of Donna... man I would hate that.
(The only companion that I was glad to see dead was Adric. Sorry I'm Evil :twisted: )
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Prowler on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:51 pm

sleeper wrote:Well, Midnight is one of the better stories that RTD has written. I think he was trying to compete with Moffat, as far as writing a scary story. I think Moffat is one of the best writers for DW in a long time and am very happy that he will be taking over as Producer in 2010.

So next week we will finally see the return of Rose, the death of the Dr.(yeah, right!!)? and maybe the death of Donna... man I would hate that.
(The only companion that I was glad to see dead was Adric. Sorry I'm Evil :twisted: )

A very good episode, really showed the dark side of people, I wondered if it had been written by Moffat, but I didn't think we'd be that lucky, back to back stories by him.

Be good to have Rose back, but at what cost to the Universe is she able to return?? Donna will survive to the end of the series, isn't good to kill off too many assitants
Can I get a Hell Yeah!?!
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows