Brotherhood: Capt. Jenek as a Rhode Island state rep

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Brotherhood: Capt. Jenek as a Rhode Island state rep

Postby bwilli18 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Jason Clarke, aka Captain Jenek, is fantastic as Tommy Caffee in Showtime series "Brotherhood." As with "FarScape," I didn't discover "Brotherhood" until I could get it on DVD.

Under approximately 54 pounds of prosthetic make-up and standing on platform shoes, Clarke delivered some of the best lines and despite his immobile face had some of the best reactions in his 4 episodes near the end of season 4. His menace: "I'll solve my own problems" sends chills down our spines, knowing that this is a man who solves problems by ripping babies out of women. His timing (educating Chiana on Scaran anatomy): "Yes, but they're on the inside" after she's kicked him where she thought his mevonks should be.

Maybe it's because Clarke was so scary as Jenek, that I see the same menace in Caffee, only it's buried deeper under 54 pounds of Irish Catholic guilt rather than prosthetic make-up.
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm

Had no idea that was the same guy. Thanks.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Not only that...

Postby bwilli18 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:46 pm

Not only does Clarke play Jenek, he played Lechna (sp?) Aeryn's imaginary lover in "Prayer" the same episode he debuted as Jenek.
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Gotta rewatch that episode. Won't recognize his face as Jenek, but I gotta see him as Lechna. Thanks!
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Return to Other Shows