The Official Heroes: Season 2 Thread

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby chryse on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:16 am

That really was a good episode!

Note: there was no Sylar in it until the very end, when we got back to present day. Granted, he was likely unconscious the entire time, but how did Candice pick him up in NYC after the boom?

No Matt, no Mohinder, no Mollie, no Claire and family (though we can guess at all these).

So Alessandro was married for half a minute, then his sister killed his newlywedded cheating wife. I feel bad for him... but for having a cheating wife or for being a widower, I can't quite figure out which is worse. Poor Maya. What a way to discover your powers. :(

DL, hm. Well maybe he really is dead now. I'm still not convinced. It was a stupid way for him to die. Nikki... Jessica... Gina..... Bob insinuated that Jessica was caused by a split personality disorder that was a way for Nikki to deal with the reality of her powers. I think that's a lie. It was always Jessica that had the broken DNA tattoo on her shoulder, not Nikki. Nor did Nikki evidence super-strength as Jessica did. Gina only surfaced after Bob made the suggestion that another personality might emerge.

Bob moves around a lot. He's been a very busy boy these last few months.

Elle... Poor little sadistic girl. I have no sympathy for her. I think her shrinks got her pegged right as a psychopath.

It was the Haitian's necklace on Peter! We were pretty sure, but now we have confirmation. Haitian still doesn't have a name. *sigh* We also got confirmation that there is physical damage from the Haitian's memory manipulations. It was implied with Noah's wife, but now we know for sure. So Peter, Adam, and likely Claire, can all recover from it.

Hmm, does Peter have the Haitian's power? That's a really good question.

Will Claire's blood also heal other people? Maybe. Maybe not. It's certainly the hope of Bob that it will cure the virus. But it's possible that her blood/power isn't as strong as Adam's and her blood won't be able to heal others... yet.

Ok, why did OWI let their inmates talk to each other? Especially if they considered Adam so dangerous. *rolls eyes*

mreen's right. Angela Petrelli's power is persuasion. It's stronger when she touches someone.

Chocolate, OWI, Bob and Adam are neither good nor evil. They are all a bit of both. Gray areas... lots of them. Some darker than others for sure, but no one is lily white nor blackest black either. None of them have the best interest of humanity in mind, imo. All their own agendas come first.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:23 pm

That was a birilliant episode!

I just loved the ending...

Chryse, throughout the entire ep I kept thinking "Mohinder is an Idiot. That really is his superpower" :lol: .... From the first moment Elle asked him what his superpower was, right to the very end where he proved he truly was an idiot...

Well, Bob experimenting on his own daughter until she went psycho isn't saying great things about him, so I think I'll stick to Mr. Bennet's and Adam's point of view regarding the company.

As for Matt... Oh, stupid, stupid little man... He just got three degrees more annoying than what he started out, and that's saying something!
So mean of him to test his improved ability on Molly! And it was mean to us to interrogate Mrs. Petrelli, force her to say the truth, and NOT ASK WHAT HER SUPERPOWER IS!!!!! :x

Stupid, annoying stupid man!

By the way, do we know what's Kaito Nakamura's power? I vaguely remember something about it but I'm not sure.

Well, I hope Elle is starting to question Daddy's motives at this point, maybe she'll switch sides, although, are psychopaths taking sides? :P

Well, haven't felt this way in a LONG time after a Heroes ep, but I can't wait for next week!
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:28 am

Terrific episode!

It really was all about Noah. He said it, Claire said, and it really was. I was not expecting the ending.

Several of Isaac's painting have NOT come true. *rolls eyes* though I suppose they might not realize that as history/future was changed. Some of them do, but not all.

Well I guess West really was just another teenager! lol But Sondra (Mrs. Bennett) is growing on me. There was real depth of character for her this ep.

Unusual of Bob to slip up with Claire at the cheerleading practice. You'd think he'd have remembered to NOT call her Miss Bennett. *rolls eyes*

So, Elle IS Bob's daughter. We were right. And what a lovely daddy he was. I hope Elle IS rethinking her position with OWI.

Looks like mreen is right. A week ago, when Kaito died (and no, we don't know his power), Hiro jumped back to watch it and see who killed him. (And we were right about Adam doing it too.) About the same time, I think, when Monica's powers started manifesting. Then Hiro and Kaito jumped back 17 years to Hiro's mother's funeral... back when Claire was being born, and the previous generation of OWI founders started getting their powers. Hiro was there both times. Setting off everyone's powers.

I guess Claire's blood can heal... if it was hers, perhaps the OWI had a special cache of Adam's blood to use just in case. It seems that Noah is back in their clutches as well. poor guy. But it may not be the OWI, it sure looked like it, and i'm sure we meant to think he's been captured, but nothing is ever what it seems....

Gotta agree 100% with your opinion on Matt, Chocolate. dum de dum dum!
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

2 weeks worth of pent up posting proceeds below

Postby Mreen on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 am

lol - "When Psychopaths Take Sides" - sounds like the documentary to beat out any Blair Witch Projects in the near future <g>

I am back! I was out of town, then had to catch up on Heroes, by which time it was time for the next ep so I had to wait till I saw this weeks Heroes!

And guess what happened to me while I was out of town? I stumbled across a shooting scene of Heroes!!
:D 8) :D 8)

Yes really!!

So I know a spoiler and I'm not gonna tell, nahnahNahnah....

but if I was only to come across one scene of Heroes being shot, this is the one I would have chosen <g>

I'll give you a hint tho - when you see white-truck-blue-car-red-car-truck-with-onionsveggiesonit-then a little car- stunt bit - that was it! I was there! Right there when it happened! And I only scared the actors a little with a my enthusiasm <g> (Actually they were quite safe from me, but thinking back, if I played it cool, everyone would have assumed I was working on the set, ...but who wants to play poker face when your having the time of your vacation? Big smile, big smile, big smile was all I beamed out at everyone)

okay.. while I am still dining on that-

Loved the two eps I watched! Great stuff!

Yes Mohinder went all patsy on them - but on the other hand, what if it was him who insisted on using Claire's blood to save to HRG? It was what I was thinking the moment I saw 4monthsAgo how it could be used. If HRG is going to end up shot in the eye, if Claire's blood heals like that - they have a family solution readily available! And Mohinder’s the type to insist they use it, over Bob's objections. Elle - we should really call her "L" with all the internet abbreviations that spring up- would be too busy mulling over her new, unpleasant possible revelations to put up the usual disgusted objections over this "moral" thing.

Of course - what if it wasnt Mohinder, but Adam who had Peter zap him there and grab HRG as a handy new weapon to use against the company - convincing him this virus would take down the company, or even use it to render Claire normal and thus make the OWI lose interest? So many ways to play it ... but my money is on Mohinder using the obvious.

Only other possibility is Bob programmed Mohinder to kill HRG, to assure his initiation (as HRG programmed once reformed Isaac into killing Peter) but took the blood as he saw the pics first and wanted to arrange it so he could get Mohinder fully on his side (ala guilt) while keeping the HRG in the basement as an asset guaranteed to take any action Bob convinced him would be for his daughters best interest. And one sure to never team up with Mohinder and take him out if Bob ceases to provide protection, at whim.

Matt - well.
What can we say, Matt has gone bad guy. Just the same as the future he would have had under evil Nathan, he no longer has a moral compass, he will do whatever it takes to get the job done. He's gone gray, and not cleverly gray as HRG dances on the edge of being the bad guy with good motives - sometimes, maybe - , but simple and selfish bad guy like his dad. Kind of sad.

When he saw Molly react that like that, he didnt react to "Oh my god, I destroyed a little girl's free will!" He tested it further, then set out to get what he wanted from whoever he wanted. He will need to be stopped and soon. He's incapable of seeing past his own goals and will never understand what he's doing is bad. (I know, I know, till it all ends in tears and he sees what he's become.. but really, that's so corny. Sometimes a good guy goes bad, and you just have to deal with it)

Mohinder is going to be the first to realize Matt's gone darkside. Well, besides Madame Petrelli, but doesnt she deserve it? You could see her using all her abilities to fight it -bleeding from the nose just as Matt did fighting the Haitian - and Matt still refused to give in till he got the one name she was trying to protect, her last good deed on this earth, and Matt is going to give it away to the bad guys. Leaving it labeled on the pic like that. No chance of Adam and Sylar not both getting their hands on it.

-and yes, he doesnt make her reveal her powers! Shame on him! You‘re very right to say so-

Mohinder is going to realize that Matt's turning Molly into a robot, mentally whacking the freewill and spontaneity out of her, and take off with her. Matt will use his abilities on Mohinder, of course, but Mohinder is clever enough to find a way out. Maybe by turning Matt over to the Company. Maybe by being desperate enough to use the virus - this would release it to the world so hopefully Mohinder isnt that irresponsible - but he's going to have to rescue Molly within two eps and ...well, the virus is probably scheduled to start at that time.
(I think)

Peter better get his girl, tho! That's all I can say!

Adam may very well have overcome his rage against Hiro when Hiro wasnt there for 350yrs ...but now that Hiro has gone back into the past, and come forward and just committed all those crimes - Adam may well be ready to turn on him, and start destroying all that he loved. Hiro's dad to start ..tho surely Mr Nakamura saw his own fate as deserved, as justice for what he did in the past. So.. maybe Adam is grown up a little , we'll see. Adam knows Hiro loves to save the world, so he may obsess with destroying.. and Ando, and Hiro's family...

But to be honest, I was dreading a much worse revelation. Remember the first time it was shown, it seemed to be someone with their head stuck in bag almost, blind to what they were doing, charging out at him. I thought it was Nightmare man sending someone to unknowingly do the deed. While I knew for certain that Hiro had to appear on the roof to get his legacy from his father, I suddenly had a horrible horrible vision of Nightmare man sending bagged and blind Hiro out to destroy his father, and Hiro being greeted with the confusing horror of seeing his own face revealed!

I was mightily relieved to have it simply be a hooded Adam, who we knew to be behind all Nightmare Man's actions anyway. A much simpler story, tho Hiro was shocked, having believed he'd killed his friend in Japan centuries ago.

Here's the question - was that the night Adam broke out? Or did someone take him back in time to that night? If not - shouldnt he have been the first suspect they all thought of, the guy that broke out a week ago that they locked up for 30yrs? Why would Mr Nakamura be surprised to see Adam come to kill him? The question should really have been when and how Adam will come to kill him, not who.

(Also, looking at the rooftop - one cupid/angel faces outward, and one faces inward... what sort of portal did Charles Deveraux build, exactly?)

Oh - Mr Nakamura's secret power.. well, he claimed to have waited centuries for a Nakamura to manifest (hence my conclusion that he was the ancient swordsman) so I guess there was no one in the family with power and he just knew from Adam that one Hiro would be the famous Hiro that was the Wind of Change (or however that title went).. but I strongly suspect that he does have a power - the ability to pass on a lifetime of knowledge in a Single Montage (sword training in last finale)... a power he used the barest dregs of in the funeral scene (for surely Hiro would need more that that to take the other side of the conversation.. he should have been agreeing with Young Hiro, saying "See Father? How can you disappoint your son like this? This is a truth that all can see!") .. of course, the lengths it would take to realistically convince a person would be wearing on the viewer (we'd be complaining about Hiro whining on about his dad's death and his dad being too determined to die in one more scene..even if it was more easily swallowed after it) so they are keeping with Hiro, no matter how he grows, retaining that childlike faith in the right thing to do being the only thing to do, no matter what the personal cost.

He and Mohinder have a sort of connection this way. If one of them strays the other would see it and say so out loud. And each would feel obligated to agree and correct the behavior.

Mohinder really needs to do something clever fast to show himself not so dumb. When he rebelled against both HRG and Bob by destroying the virus, that was good. That was Mohinder. He just needs to keep that up.

Somehow.

Oh, if only all those responsible for the pivoting perils of Petrellies and heroic hijinks of Hiro’s werent ... ON STRIKE!

Good luck to you lot, we're on your side. But keep your back brains working! We need you on top of your game when you come out of this - we're counting on you to save the day! Keep our characters strong! Introduce great ones but the clever revelations and answers are as important as the questions! Juggle those expectations! We need you back!

As soon as the networks crumble and give in to what we need to keep you guys alive and well in the entertainment industry, I mean. But dont let your brains relax into Seduko(sp?) puzzles - we need it more complex! But just as compellingly logical in the end.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

but wait, there's more!

Postby Mreen on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:12 am

My post took so long to post, Chryse had posted by then <g>

I think the evidence swung mightily that West was ordinary just then ... but then again, think about his attitude. His own parents dont even count, because he can fly. Talk about teenager God complex. If he's not Adam's disciple or disciple of disciple, he sure is ripe to be recruited. Seeing Sandra's and Claire's reaction to confronting HRG's fate tho, was a shock for him. He couldnt believe anyone would be that shaken by an ordinary man's death, let alone a bad guy that stood in the way of his love for Claire. (Or lust for Claire, he is 16-17yrs old. Hmm - just the age of the boyfriend Nazi recruit in Sound of Music. Warm up the violin strings folks. They get one round of 'you are 16 going on 17', then he dumps her for the war. The Greater Cause that fells us all.)

Maybe he'll be shaken enough to remember having the ability to fly doesnt mean he's not human. Maybe not.. but Sandra could save him. Ironic, that she, of all people, could be the key to West retaining humanity as he copes with what he is.

Yes, Sandra was great in this ep - I was so impatient with HRG for not trusting her.. when she told West HRG was gone at 'something she didnt bother to listen to' I knew right there that she knew he was lying. Why listen to the excuse when you know that's all it is. She might not have faced it if Claire didnt shout it out all over the livingroom, but she knew.

Her brother finally got a line - he wants to blame Claire, he really does, but she's too often right about their dad. I hope we see how this death effects him, - will he hold West responsible for leaving him? Will he blame Claire for abandoning him? Or will he like West for saving his sister? What will happen to him? I still want to know, was the second child given to HRG after Claire, is he going to have some ability - or is he the ordinary boy in the middle of this, doomed to grow up to be a recruit of the company, because what other fate is left to those without the gene if they dont get their memory wiped? They seem to all be dead or recruited. We havent seen one, not one normal person alive who knew about the others outside the company.

Such an underused character, with so much of a story to tell in his fate. I know they wont spend time on him now, but I am really waiting for his reaction to be the reactions that reveal all about how the rest of the world is going be treated by the Heroes. Tho he's only a footnote, in the end, his fate is the worlds.

Sandra is more about the other way, how the Heroes can expect to be treated by the world. At its best. She's there to temper HRG, to help him help Claire, and express the fury of what he's done in the name of the company, and how can she love him after this - and what he can do to win her love back. She always has that on the table for him, what he needs to do. It's clear to her, when he's gone too grey to be sure. Well, when he's caught, anyway. He's always gray, Claire knows he is a bad guy - but he loves her and will stop for his family. If they gang up on him and make him. ;)

Well, its time for the story to swing the other way, show us the minor (undiseased) characters and how the story hits them... but will they have time in the few eps left before the holidays?
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Either I'm on a roll - or I just can't stop! Someone grab th

Postby Mreen on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:25 am

Oh I was going to remind you, Hiro was around when Claire was born, but he was in Japan, and he was right there when HRG inherited her from the company, as a kid. BUT - she didnt get any ability till he went zapping about in Texas, April 2006. He went all over, trying to save Charlie. That's when Claire's power manifested, that's when Jessica appeared, that's when Peter in NYC dreamed and Nathan flew. Matt didn't get his ability for another 6m, about the time Hiro got to LA or Japan.

So far in the story, people may be born with the gene, passed around all over the world, but it seems to start out dormant most of the time. Hiro seems to be the force that wakes it up and makes it active.

Which reminds us again, tho Claire had the virus as a baby, she fought it off, but it didnt stop her from getting injuries till then. Her hand stayed cut till HRG returned from NYC. Sometime that week, her power appeared. (Hiro me thinks) When it did, there was no 'slow healing season' that we saw. She was smashing herself to pieces and healing right away.

Also, I think Jessica had the tattoo because she was caught and tagged by HRG and Tom- obviously memory wiped by Haitian or she'd have gone back and ripped them in half ...unless they just paid her off <g> she'd been happy with that. Niki had no tattoo, but she has the exact same strength as Jessica of course. (so would "Gina" that I agree came from Bob's suggestion) Niki was just unaware of her power and afraid to use it. Jessica had no problem with it, because it was her job to protect Niki, carry all the memories that Niki couldnt handle. When Jessica let herself "die" to save Niki's family, she came back to the mirror when Niki faced Candice, to spell out what Niki never understood "You're the strong one." So Niki beat up Candice, and then started to take out Sylar, till Peter stepped in (absorbing her strength, I hope) so that she could return to her wounded husband when her little boy called out for her.

Candice of course, was found by security and -probably Bob- told her to grab Syler and go the sewers. Sylar was unconcious, and if he came to, she could have had him imagine the beach while she dragged him all over, but it seems they kept him unconcious for most of the 4months. Bob cant be all that nice if he was ordering Sylar to kept alive and was planning to feed him heroes/mutants to keep him happy and study him.
But what if it was Adam's plan and not Bobs? Bob claimed Linderman was Adam's disiple.. if so, why did Linderman keep Adam locked up? Did Adam want to be locked up, was it his way to keep tabs on the company?
..Maybe 30yrs was a bit much, maybe he changed his mind when he found Peter and saw a chance to try again... but how did Adam contact Candice all this time? Surely ... it was Bob?

Time will tell in this ... disease ravaged plot to come.

Sylar would be able to stop Adam tho - he knows the secret to killing him, just as he knows how to kill Claire. But would replacing Adam with a regenerating Sylar be worth it? I dont think so.

And the company would do dreadful experiments on Claire, since she has the same gene as Adam, if they can kill her, they can kill Adam. Mohinder might save her, but only if he finds out enough in time. (I have no doubt that she can do all Adam can do, gene wise, he's probably a great great grandfather, and we've seen the duplication of powers seems pretty exact) Immortal Claire, meet immortal Adam. Future and past and good and evil .. and Peter there, to save the cheerleader, and save the world. (Yay Peter!)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:50 pm

Does Sylar use Adam's/Claire's blood to regain his powers?

I had to giggle like a young schoolgirl when HRG had Elle tied up with her feet in the water basin. (Serves ya right you Psyco B.) I am so glad that HRG is still living. He sure does know how to control supers. And we need him to be ruthless to make the story better.

At least Hiro knows that Adam is out and about, but jeesh, he probably should of taken out Adam right then and there. And you know that Sylar and Adam are going to meet.... I wonder what effect the wondertwins would have on Adam and Claire.... would they be able to survive...and would Peter absorb the sister's power and go out of control? Peter is probably smart enough to figure out Adam, but for now, Adam has helped him regain his memories, and save Nathan. What devious plan does Adam have for Peter?
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:50 am

Glad to have you back mreen, I'd been wondering where you were. You lucky girl! You were there!!!!

I can't use "L" I watch Death Note... there's a character there named just "L" I'd think of him instead. LOL

Yes, West needs to hear Nakamura's, "we have the powers of gods, but we are NOT gods speech". But Sondra will do nicely as well. She's a lovely character.

Re: Adam
I think they had implied earlier that Adam worked through subordinates most of the time. Hence Kaito's surprise at seeing Adam in person. And if so, then those same sub-ordinates could have directed Candice to save Sylar. Why did Linderman lock him up? Because, disciple or not, Linderman's own plans would have been wrecked by Adam, or at least, that's what Linderman thought, so agreed to keep Adam locked away. Perhaps Adam needed a vacation from it all and allowed himself to be locked away?

Interesting thought... Hiro likes to save the world, so Adam wants to destroy it. It's not something I've thought of in quite that way. I must mull this over more.

Sylar might use Adam or Claire's blood to get powers back, but it might also be Mohinder's blood that can restore him as well. He may well have had another version of the Shanti virus that didn't mutate enough so Mohinder's antibodies don't work on Nikki's version.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:38 pm

I don't know...

I think that maybe Adam isn't the one who is behind it, and maybe that's why Kaito was so surprised to see him. When Kaito and Mrs. Petrelli talk about the death threats, they aren't sure who's making them. And Kaito said to Adam, "Out of all of them". So that means that there are a lot of people who would want to see them dead.
When Adam comes to kill him, he doesn't say anything, just runs towards him and drops him from the roof.
It doesn't seem much like his style so far, so I think maybe he was being controlled by Murray, or by someone else. I can't really see Murray as being the great master mind behind it, because he reminds me too much of his son :P . The only thing implying that Adam is behind it is Bob's word, which is crap, and Matt's persistence, and as we've established, Matt's a moron.

Could be wrong, though... But I still think Adam may not be as bad as all that.
Bob told Mohinder that he has a different agenda than Linderman in running the company, but I don't really see it. I think he looks nicer than Linderman, but that's just about the only difference. He told Mohinder that Linderman was Adam's disciple, but if Adam had been locked away for thirty years, then that would mean that he must have tutored Linderman from prison, or that Bob is lying :lol: ...
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

low blood sugar rambling

Postby Mreen on Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:12 am

Bob is always lying... but, like HRG, he knows a lie mixed with truth is always the best.

Mohinder decided to go all honesty on them both, which shocked Bob as much as HRG was shocked by Mohinder's compliance with them.

I am still convinced, perhaps undeservedly so .. okay, I admit undeservedly so, that Mohinder is cleverer than others give him credit for. He's got some insights and higher reasoning that enable to him to figure out in a glance, the best plan to follow. Quick thinking is his thing.. or it was in the start of the last season. This season, we havent seen so much of it. But I am still standing there, on my ever shrinking iceberg of conviction, that Mohinder can be clever enough to figure a way out. He doesnt always have to end up the pawn (in the future Sylar fooled them all and made everyone his pawn - but Mohinder saw that Hiro could save them, so saved Hiro) - surely Mohinder can pull a fast one now and do something quick and clever that satifies us.. I just hope it was planned to happen soon.

Matt used to have insight into others, not only read their minds, but he felt for people -not telepathically empathic as Peter, but an honest "I know life is hard for you" reaction to people...he'd try to reason things out instead of going for the gun. But he's lost that now, turning bad guy, he's just as likely to shoot somebody or put a mental bullet to their brain to force them to do what he says. I'd say he's got to be got rid of...tho if he finds the guy trying to end the world, he may be of use. Writers seem a little attached to him, tho this season he hasnt done anything to deserve it. I'm waiting for his downfall to come hard and heavy, and am just praying they avoid the "Your father left so that you could grow up with your own brain instead of him controlling you every moment, it was for your own good" line. I really cant stand that sort of triteness, especially in series that has done so well in playing the card the other shows would wait years to reveal, because they've go so much further to go.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mreen on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:06 pm

Well, we got the hard proof that we didnt need to say Adam is the killer. And master manipulator - Madame Petrelli surely learned from a master (after all, she was one of his disiples too, she was willing to sacrifice Peter to make Nathan president, and even when his death was avoided, she was willing to sacrifice everyone in New York City to achieve her goal. Linderman's death changed nothing for her, so we know she considered the policy of mass death for change a good one.)

The only question is - will it be worse when Syler gets Adam's powers? Because Adam is smart enough to kill Syler, but I bet convincing the company to keep Sylar alive and study how he aquires others powers was his idea. I think he wants Sylar out there, to learn from him at some point, and then take on others powers as his own. He could convince Syler to let him go...but, Sylar is uniquely power-for-self oriented, he sacrifices larger goals to just grab one more power. He may not care about anything Adam offers if it doesnt give him a new power.

And when he doesnt need powers anymore, his future self wanted to kill off the competition. Just a bug at heart, all instinct for self preservation. Not even a colony instict in the little bugger.

Syler certainly has Gabby wrapped around his little finger. That will surely end once Molly wakes or Mohinder comes home. Poor Alessandro, we all kind of knew he was doomed, but if we could have seen his power at work on the other viruses that would have been cool. Did Sylar try to absorb his power? Surely there was no time for the brainsurgery thing he normally did.

Hey, if Sylar absorbed Alessandro's power, and his powers get reactivated - HE could save the world! Good lord... I dont want to know yet <g>

I love the Hiro vs Peter time standing still standoff, but I do hope those two very reasonable people do actually talk about it....I mean, they've got time! If so, they can solve the puzzle, Hiro can help Peter save Caitlan and they can stop Adam together.

I know they filmed an alternate ending for December bcs of the writers strike, but I know that talks were to have resumed Monday. I havent heard a word yet, but I hope it all works out so we get a full season!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:03 am

Not the best of episodes. Much of it was rather predictable once things got started and other things were inexplicable.

Why didn't naive little Peter read Adam's mind after being told Victoria's side of the story? Oh, right, I answered my own question. *sigh*

Why is Mohinder still living in his dad's apt? I understand, he thought Sylar was dead and apts can be hard to find the city, but there really was no reason to stay there was there?

Poor Alessandro... We knew he would die... but then to Sylar make out with his sister was just not right. I know, it's what Sylar would do and did, but I think it was one of more icky things he's ever done.

Hiro is being very impulsive again. It's part of his charm, and I do understand his need for revenge. But could you talk to Peter first please? It's not like Adam's gonna get away.

Claire, going public is not a very good idea. It will get OWI off your back, but the rest of the world isn't going to leave you alone either.

Uh, whose ashes did Bob return to the Bennetts?

mreen, I don't want Sylar to save the world. *pout*

I dunno know about the writer's strike. Unless it's resolved by Monday morning, it's unlikely they'll do the original ep. I do hope they have both versions in the DVD release.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think so too...

Postby Mreen on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:11 pm

It had a few good moments- West with Claire, while she was trying to forget her dad.. I'm still convinced West is up to something .. he just doesnt seem right. It all comes back to his conviction that his parents are useless to him if he can fly. God complex problem..till I see him get over it, I cant accept him as a good guy.

I really hope Sylar doesnt save the world either... and I really hope, against hope, that we see something happen to save the series from ending in December. Because we know that means shortcut endings, which means they cut off half the twists and turns it would have taken to get there. Which means the story is only half as fun :( :evil:

I want more! :x

I want more! :x

I want .....hmmm....picketing on an internet thread just doesnt seem effective. :?

Go talks! Studios -wake up and :idea: pay the writers residuals when you get paid- simple enough! Make the payment a percentage of the interent ad income, or a minimum of so much once the income begins, with increments to continue as income increases. It's not so hard to be fair folks!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:03 pm

I'm watching a very amusing anime right now that gave this idea. What if Victoria could see, with her naked eye, and interact (talk with and order around) with single celled organisms? She was apparently an extremely skilled researcher.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Like the idea.... but cant see it in practice

Postby Mreen on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:37 pm

If so, I'm surprised she didn't save Shanti, since she took the virus from her when she died. She didnt seem the type to sacrifice a patient, let alone a toddler, for the Company's Agenda.

She also surely would have ordered strain 138 to self destruct or be less dangerous.

But its a good idea for someone to have that sort of power... they could save the world!

...cause..well, right now it's up to Sylar if Peter and Hiro dont figure things out quick enough.

And ...I hate to say this, but if Peter and Hiro dont figure things out, then I lose faith in the story. Those two are both listeners, sincere and helpful... and they KNOW that about each other. There's no reason for them bot not to tell the other the full story to work things out. Peter's not an idiot, tho he's been rushed about by Adam, he'd wake up to the problem if Hiro showed him. He's used to a manipulative big brother -not to mention his mother the mastermind- he can piece the clues together and figure out when he's been used.

Hiro could help him save Caitlan, and save the world. It's a simple step...

I WANT THE WRITERS BACK!

I just dont want the story to be over just like that...I want more!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows