The Official Heroes: Season 2 Thread

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Chocolate on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 pm

This season is getting better... Although I am still waiting for my favourite hero, Nikki, to show up...

There's something going on with heroes who have the same power - West can fly (though I still like to think he might be an alien :wink: ), and now, Kensei can heal himself like Claire.

I'm glad Angela survived the attack. I wish I could say the same for Sulu... :cry: Maybe he'll come back, though. We don't know his power yet. Or Angela's, for that matter. She did know about Parkman trying to read her mind, maybe that's got something to do with it?

Claire's toe cutting scene was just hillarious, complete with Mr. Muggles watching dog competitions on TV... :lol:

As for Allesandro and Maya - There's a whole family theme in Heroes, how siblings are the only ones who can help each other in terms of use\abuse of their powers. A few examples off the top of my head - Peter and Nathan, Jessica and Nikki, and Mohinder and Shanti. Allesandro and Maya epitomize that specific relationship - his ability is to stabilize hers. Or maybe there's more to their abilities than to contain each other's? It's going in an interesting direction, I'd like to see how it turns out...

I love this show... 8)
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 pm

shhh posting from work... will comment on Heroes later...

FYI... not really Heroes, but about George's Asteroid!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071003/ap_ ... i_asteroid
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mreen on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:34 am

okay - taking a little time to post here-

I think Hiro must be hanging around with the Petrelli ancestor <g> Claire got her ability from him. More importantly, again Hiro's presence sets off the awakening of powers that had never activated before. The eclipse was there, sure, but nobody got powers till Hiro was there in this time, and in the 6m he went back in the past last season. Always him. I wonder if it will always be him, flicking forward a generation too short, activating Linderman's group and spawning the Company (OWI).

Now he's going to set off a bunch of people in his broken history, to start it all. I know he'll go forward to get his legacy from his father, Sulu, but -what if he gets it when his dad was just a kid? What if he's behind a mask again and the dad doesnt realize it's his future son?

What if Hiro's sister reveals a power at the season finale?

I've been thinking about Angela - and .. I have a terrible feeling about her. About her really being evil. I thought since Nathan called her evil, that this season was about her about-face, her confrontation and choices where she shows what she could do for others. But - she survived the attack with just a few scratches. That means - either her attacker is the Bad Bad Man of the Nine (the one teasing Molly), or She is the attacker that is responsible for all this. Wandering around with a bag over her head - tho I was sure that was a guy.

I think (not having read the comics) that the virus that the girl has is the exact same one Mohinder is curing. They cant figure out how its spreading because it's related to her attacks. I figure when she loses it, it stays in the area and gets the next mutant to wander by - but what if its worse? What if when she loses it, it takes down any normal in the area but is really focusing on a mutant somewhere in the world - when her brother stops her in time, does he save the mutant as well as the norms? Does he actually transfer the disease to some mutant out there somewhere? Did he help Blink get better or did someone else fall down flat?

I'm hoping his wondertwin cure powers cure all, and do not in fact pass on the disease to anyone.

I'm thinking Mohinder's sister Shanti was the same way, a bit. That her disease was an attack trying to kill him, sort of an unconscious sibling rivalry that 2yr olds are capable of, but as he was bred to resist and cure it, he survived. Is the girl twin the nightmare he had as a child, her disease reaching out to him again, in the repetition of the powers as it starts over?

Was the bag-man bad guy hiding a similar disease, or what? Who knows?

And Claire - chopping off her toe? Chopping off her toe?? Her face when she realized it might not grow back was a little horrified.. and then it did. (yes, I was also greatly relieved the dog wasnt eating the evidence.. I sort of stood up to leave the room when the dog jumped )
Something is going to happen with her and Flying Lad.

(BTW - have you listened to "We Need A Hiro"? Very funny.)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Chocolate on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Okay... First of all, let me get this straight - DL is dead but Candace is alive?! I was convinced it was the other way around?

And now Nikki leaves Micah with his granny, who, being DL's mom, perhaps has a few tricks or her own up her sleeve... It ought to be interesting enough.

Nikki working for Midas and The Company... Well, I hope they send her to kill someone nice, and for a change maybe she won't do her job and finally hook up with the good guys. By the way? Who was the man standing behind her when she was on the phone? Hmmmmm.......

Mohinder - is seriously beginning to threaten Parkman's role as Most Annoying Character (a role which Parkman himself inherited from his ex-wife...). How can someone with a PhD be that stupid?

Peter The Leprechaun - This memory loss thing was fun when it started, but if they don't stop it soon it could get out of hand. He's already starting to go through the whole "am I good or am I bad? Will I save everyone or kill billions?" agony of last season All Over Again... If he doesn't open the box next ep, Mohinder and Parkman could seriously be given a run for their money! I like the Irish family theme, though...

Hiro - Well, this is turning out to be, yet again, the fun part of the show. I'm still not sure where they are going with it, but it's fun!

Allesandro and Maya - Here's something that's beginning to bother me - Whenever she has an 'episode' (not sure how to call it), he always tells her she's killed people, but then he brings them back to life. He knows she didn't mean to do it, and he knows they are not actually going to die. Why is he being mean to her? Ohn, and as for the American kid - I don't know much about Mexican jails, but isn't it a bit weird that he had his car parked outside? I mean, when people get arrested they're taken in a police car, they don't drive themselves to jail, right?

Claire and West - here's a tough one - is West the sweet boy who is glad to see Claire is also an Alien and now he's not alone? Or is he working for the company, trying to turn little Claire-Bear against Daddy? (Hint: he saw Claire with her dad when he almost ran over her in the first ep, and I don't care what anybody says, when boys pick on you in front of everyone in class it's not because they like you, it's because they're mean bullies! :wink: )

As for HRG, or should I say, Noah, himself - That's a nasty way to go... I think I'm missing something here. if he's in that particular series of paintings, does that mean he has powers too?
And that line he told Mohinder, "As long as I'm alive you'll be safe" what is that supposed to mean? When he says stuff like that to Claire it makes much more sense...

And as for Sylar's return - I'm not sure why but I get the feeling it can't be the end of Candace... she just let him kill her, didn't even try!
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:54 am

that was sooo entertaining!

I think Candace actually is dead. She kinda deserved it for flaunting and teasing her powers in front of Sylar anyway. Her comic appearance is very much like her dead appearance. that sounds wrong, but you know what I mean right?

I wonder why Sylar's powers aren't working? Is the hole in his side? Or something else?

So, since Candace was working for OWI, does this mean that she was still working for them when she rescued Sylar? Does OWI want him alive? Even after their previous encounter? this does not bode well.

Hiro you are ingenious! Leaving notes for Ando in the sword was brilliant. Poor guy... always falling in love with the wrong girl....

btw, didn't Charlie's powers start BEFORE Hiro showed up in the diner? Not by much, a few weeks, but she was starting to remember very well before Hiro and Ando were there in the Burnt Toast. But maybe it's a more complicated effect... it can only occur when there is an eclipse AND Hiro has done a time jump... perhaps when he's in the near space, the near time is also affected, so Charlie's powers started to happen before Hiro actually got there since he was also physically near.

So is Kensei still alive after living 400+ years? This was getting to be rather Highlander like... Not sure if like that at all. Is Kensei one of the 9? Or is there a way to kill him? In the legends, Kensei cut out his heart... but the dragon put it back... maybe "in real life" this means that if Kensei's heart if cut out, he can heal himself from that one last time, but then his power gives out and he becomes mortal again? Or does it really have to be Highlander like and his head gets cut off? Though Claire recovered from being dead dead for several hours... long enough to have an autopsy started on her. Would she literally have to start decaying before really being dead dead?

I'm not convinced that DL is actually dead.... But it was nice to see another Star Trek alum in Heroes. I hope they don't have to kill Nichelle before we get another one.

Nikki.. what are you doing? Poor thing, she wants to be normal so badly that she doesn't realize they can't help take away her powers. :( I hope Midas ends up being killed by Nikki/Jessica at some point, when she realizes she's been had. Maybe she'll be sent to kill Mrs. Petrelli this time?

I thought Mohinder was getting smarter, but using a cell phone in the lab OWI set up for him? Dear gracious! It's easy enough to track cell phones outside, who knows what kind of setup they have in the new loft/lab. He's not paranoid enough by far.

*sigh* Peter Peter Peter... you like being part of criminal gang?

The twins... You know, I hadn't thought of that... that Alesandro was being mean to Maya in that way, but it's true isn't it? Yeah, and the Mexican jail was bad.

Mreen, I'm not really following you on the virus theory.... I don't think Maya is old enough to have been around when Shanti was first diagnosed with the virus. Mohinder seems to be older than the twins... It looks to me that Alesandro isn't redirecting the virus, it's being absorbed into him from Maya and the surroundings. They are yin and yang... together and complete.

You'd think if West still had PTSD episodes about HRG, he would have recognized him. *rolls eyes*

I wouldn't worry about Mr. Bennett just yet. He's just as aware as the rest of us that Isaac's paintings aren't infallible. The future he paints can be changed. The question is how to prevent this one?

teaser... Nightmare Man. We have name... sort of. But I think that Nightmare Man and Angela Petrelli are different people. Mollie can tell the difference between male and female mutants when she thinks about them.

mreen, link for "We Need a Hiro" please. I haven't heard it.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hiro Hiro Hiro

Postby Mreen on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:56 pm

I dont think Charli's powers started till Hiro landed in the diner - 6m before he and Ando arrived. He arrives on her bday, and then next time we them he's been there a while and gotten a job in the diner to be close to her. Her powers started somewhere, probably on her bday when Hiro arrived would be my guess. Remember every other character we visited had their powers start at that same time. Claire had no powers at the beginning of the ep, and had them by the time HRG came back from New York.

Hiro said he went back and forth after that to various times- but I'm hoping that we get to see him activate the boy that manifested his powers 2yrs ago, but I expect that not to come till after the mid season, maybe not this year. (But probably this year, he's part of the story in volume 2 after all)

To get "I Need A Hiro"
http://www.theFuMP.com

is free today only - note that when Hiro speculates taking on the superhero name "Time Lord" he is punched by someone invisible <g>

If you get the Doctor Demento show in your area, it debued as the number one song in the funny five countdown at the end. The artist Lukeski also did the It Takes A Who song earlier <g>
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

How to remold your son to your liking, by Angela Petrelli

Postby Mreen on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Okay - The Irish gang hired to take Peter in and make him one of their own is doing a good job. At first I thought they were all as much in the dark about their job as well as Peter was, but now.. that girl didnt encourage him to open the box, she just convinced him that not opening it was his idea. She's in on it. Our new Evil Waif of the season, tho I think she'll genuinely fall for Peter. Don't know if she'll sacrifice her career for him tho - she's probably not a 'doing it because it's right' type person, because she seems too nice right now. Her hidden personality could be a bad one.

I dont think her brother knows all that much - I mean, its a job, taking Peter under his wing and making him a gang member, but he's more a hired gun than a mastermind. I think he only has a vague idea about what's going on, takes the money and does his stuff. At least we know he has serious rules against killing people, probably why Mama Petrelli thougth he was such a good fit. He may actually be as much in the dark as Peter - but Madame Petrelli (well, her proxy, assuming her power doesnt take her to Ireland while she's in jail*) gave him the box, so he knows something. Before Peter was being raised to be the sacrifice, now, since Nathan turned soft, she seeks to toughen Peter up and make him the tough guy who will do what she needs for a goal to be accomplished - none of these pansy ethics to slow him down.

Blink felt so bad about taking his memories he gave up his Godsend symbol and placed it on Peter. So that Peter can continue the work, or accomplish something to make up for Blink's abuse of this gift.

*I dont think Angela's power is likely to be about teleporting to Ireland. I still think it has something to do with why she stole the socks :P *

I wasnt at all surprised to see Sylar try to kill Candice, but I was shocked she let him succeed. Yes, I'm sure Candice was acting on orders from the OWI - she always has been. They've coveted Syler for a long time, his abiltiy to combine powers fascinates them and they think watching him work, helping him work, would be worth the scientic, greedy gains. They dont know how he gains others powers, they havent been able to figure out what he does. Of course, with his gift of figuring solutions temporairly buried, how can he continue it?
Candice's illusions in his hands is .. well, its the monster I always dreaded. She would have happily been his sidekick, the Company giving them locations of mutants to track for Syler to join with - but Syler is an insect, a parasite, unable to think beyond grabbing what he wants from someone. He cant work with anyone unless he's the one running the show, toying with his victim before eventually disposing of them.

I dread the day Sylar's power awakens. I'd actually have been happy if he'd stayed dead and we just had a new villain to deal with ..I do not like the horror aspect at all :( :roll: I know, every show must have its villians that everyone fears and Sylar was already an established success. But if he survives past the season midterm, I'm afraid he'll never be killed. *sigh*

Not that I'm blood thirsty..but he just creeps me out.

Yes, I'm thinking you very well might be right about DL - I mean, why let him die offscreen? He was such a great guy. I wonder..
- what if his death was another stop the Company move? HRG tapped him, dared him to protect his family by dying, and going underground (figuratively) then laying in wait. He could be the 'invisible man' type - waiting to spring up. Niki could also be on it, tackling the other side. DL could be her handoff man. I also suspect she's not going to the Company to be cured of her power, but of the virus. That would be the main reason to risk seperating from her baby boy, to save him from the virus or to spare him from OWI's scrutiny.

I love the fact that Uhura appears as soon as Sulu is killed off. Obviously a relation to DL, down in New Orleans, we have some fun stuff to happen. I cant wait.

On the virus, no, not Maya herself, but remember all the powers that we've seen happen now in more than one person. Two flyers, two self-healing - so, what if Shanti had what Maya had? What if the nightmare Mohinder had as a child was the anti-virus instinct in him manifesting (if he's a hero) or reacting (if he's simply the normal blood group that counters what makes mutants sick) to the virus his sister left behind - or to some other mutant virus out there. The yin and yang of the virus yearning to meet... I'm thinking, because Shanti was born without a twin, she had no control over the virus and it killed her. Mohinder was supposed to be her control, like Alesandro is to Maya. With Shanti gone, his power never showed. But we know that unmanifested baby Claire took sick and got better, without her powers. So, either it wasnt strong enough to kill everyone back then, or ... who knows.

I think the virus is shutting people down and 'killing them' as far as anyone can see, but Alesandro is not only shutting down the virus, but resussitating the victims, they start breathing again when he works his stuff - but like a drowned victim, they cant be brought back everytime, and not after a long wait. I'm still waiting to see how they play out with Mohinders blood and what will happen to the virus in Mohinders lab, under the control of the Orginazation Without Initials.

And yes, that was really brainless to call HRG from the lab. *slaps Mohinder upside the head with his father's book* Besides, everyone knows HRG's great weakness is his cellphone! Catches him out everytime. Bad Mohinder! Bad!

And - on the subject of catching HRG out- if Flying Lad is not some innocent ingenue courting Claire, but in fact a plant from the OWI - what are the odds that he told that story to Claire, right then, just to drive a wedge between her and her father? To make her easier to catch? It would fit in with his rather creepy spying on her outside the window everynight, hiding in the dark.

And someone at the company desperately wants Sylar's secrets, so they can graft Claire and Nathans and Blinks and Midas powers all on to their own, they can become minigods and rule their own minimalls and then the world!

Well, they probably already own the minimall. World is doomed.

Are we sure that Candice is really dead and she wasnt faking it?
I knew she wasnt killed after Jessica/Niki's fight - she still looked the same even tho she was supposedly knocked out, and we knew she didnt look like that at all.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Chocolate on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:22 pm

I don't think Maya's disease is the same as the virus that affects the heroes. For one thing, it only affects the people around her, and when Molly was sick, for example, it didn't do anything to the people around her. Besides, apart from the black tears coming from her eyes and the guilt for killing people, she's fine. I think it's not even a disease, but actually her super-power, only it's gone bad. Kind of like the radioactive man from the first season.

If I remember correctly, Mohinder didn't know Shanti - she died before he was born (that's why she died. Had he been born sooner, she'd be alive).

As for the Irish family - Peter's powers manifest themselves involuntarily when he's in danger. I think that if Caitlin meant him any harm, he'd have heard her think it by now. I still think that there's more there than meets the eye, though.

Do you really think that Hiro was the key? That he personally met and "activated" every single hero? I don't know, I find it odd. Although he is the only hero I can think of who discovered his power by actually TRYING to use it (apart from Peter's attempts at flight, but that was influenced by his dreams, so it doesn't really count).

Was Angella's connection with The Company ever explained? We know she worked with Blink, and in fact, he listened to her orders instead of HRG's, and that's saying something.

I still think that HRG has some sort of power he's not sharing with the rest of us, especially when he says stuff like "you'll be safe as long as I'm alive"... To quote Crichton -
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows, how're *you* gonna guarantee *my* safety?" :lol:
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:37 am

Ok that song rocks! I really really hope someone does a music video to it. It deserves one. Thanks for the link! (and I would have paid for that one, but since it was free...) *bookmarks fump site*

I think Candice is more likely to be dead than DL. Candice is a fat ugly girl with a similar build and hair color as the "image" of her dead on the floor, when they had her story in the comics (where her real name is revealed as Betty... Ugly Betty. also victimized by high school cheerleaders... lol)

Ok, I can buy that Irish gang might be in the employ of Mrs. Petrelli, but I still don't think it's likely.

West is creepy... I don't know if he's a plant or just a stupid kid with a crush on Claire.

HRG.... well, that won't be a pleasant death.. but wait! I forgot about Isaac's sketch book. It hasn't come back yet, but if Isaac's paintings are still influential, then that will be too..... What if HRG has some documents that can already reveal the OWI to the public/gov't (if it's not already the gov't) that will be released upon his death? But he does have some other secret....

Maya's virus.... ok, that could work. Let me point out that many pregnancies start as twins, but one of the fetuses often dies before they are ever detected. Modern medicine is finding twins much more often than they used to and there is a "disappearing twin syndrome" in real life because many pregnancies start with twins, but only 1 baby will be born. Shanti may have indeed have had a twin in utero, but it disappeared. What if all the Heroes had a disappearing twin in utero? hmmmm

Sylar did have Candice's powers in the alternate future... that was truly terrifying. I don't think OWI really knows what it's getting into with Sylar. I have feeling they will regret saving him.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chocolate on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:44 pm

Well, we knew he had to mean SOMETHING, but now it's (almost) official - I just read in a Heroes forum (the Heroes forum in Hebrew, actually) that the car that Maya and Allesandro escaped in from jail (the American teen's car) is actually Claire's stolen car! I didn't check it myself (I'm lazy and it's getting late), but another person posted and said that they checked and it has the same sticker and license plate number and everything...

So... what do you think? Is it the company? Or is it someone else? How do you think West fits into it? (I'm pretty sure he's involved somehow, but I can't say how) Or maybe Angella Petrelli? Looking out for little Claire-Bear from afar?
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby chryse on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:57 pm

Interesting. Thanks for that confirmation. There were a series of objects last season that kept coming up too. I guess the car is the first of this season. :)

It's on in a few hours!
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

More and More

Postby Mreen on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:40 pm

Save the car, cure the virus!

I, sadly, forgot about the stolen car. Definitely need to have my brain on all clickers when I watch this show, forgetting things like that makes you miss out on all the fun.

Okay, so 'boyfriend' is definitely a weasel. He's working on deliberately separating Claire from Daddy, to make one or the other of them an easier target. What if he's following Claire to get revenge on Daddy Dearest? Maybe more than just a company man, he's a company man chosen to get revenge on the ex-company man bcs they knew he'd be motivated. (assuming his story about being caught by HRG as a kid was true, which I am indeed assuming. Hope that doesnt come back to haunt me) The kid's coaching on lies is because he was coached on lies.. a professional is behind all this.

Blink is back to work with Daddy, working well, as the two of them try to coordinate around the new story - love how they are going to Odessa - not the same Odessa, but still Odessa .. I have a feeling we're going to see more name links in the past and present as well. Will Hiro have to save York, a York before its over? HRG cant seem to get over his habit of lying to his wife to protect her - without her show dog to distract her, I hope she calls him on it but quick, I dont want her to be a repeat of dizzying ignorance again. Her character grew the minute she found out about things, I want to see her skills at being a protective parent and wife come into play, to make her more a partner in the story instead of the dupe. Maybe for the sake of her son, (most underused, unseen character in the story) she'll train him to cover for her to make sure both her kids stay safe.

The Nightmare being Matt's dad? Who saw that one coming? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? NOT ME! No, I figured Matt may be a descendant from the lines on someone's side, but not a Company descendant. Not even a criminal dad, more of a plumber dad or alcoholic dad who died when Matt was young kind of guy. This criminal side is a whole new thing that I didnt see coming.

Poor Molly is being held prisoner by evil nightmare Matt's dad. And only Matt can hear her scream. Matt's dad saw him tho, when he took the girl, and it was a surprise for him, he didnt expect his son and Matt may still have leverage on the guy when he gets hold of him. A days drive (well, 2 days if they are reasonable) or an hours flight away (3 hours of security in airports, mind you. Wonder if Nathan could ..nah <g>)
more later...
Last edited by Mreen on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

to be continued...

Postby Mreen on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Okay - so, a thought, since the supers have been around for thousands of years, and they keep repeating the same powers, I'm guessing we cant really call them mutants anymore. They've always been here, the genes not spontaneous, but passed down thru generations, but only manifesting in times of great need - till then the person is normal, till ...Hiro? awakens them. Which makes him one of the great powers of history <g> tho often more accidental than on purpose bcs he doesnt know its him.

Sylar has found a way to combine them which makes him the company's number one boy, tho he destroys every agent they send his way.

Now, all heroes are drawn to each other, so we know they'll meet as much by accident as on purpose, tho the OWI tries to control it, or fools themselves that its their plots that keep everyone so connected...but you can sort of track when its the company by certain outcomes. Usually unpleasant.

The car.. looks pretty much like a company job to me. Guy steals car, goes to town where the twins are likely to be desperate enough to steal a car. Waits in a jail and then, after nearly dying but seeing the twins do their act, begs to go with them in his (Claire's) car waiting neatly outside. Now, I figure if he's desperate enough to go with the Virus twins, he's working for the company, whether or not he has a power.

Then they drive right to the spot Sylar escaped from, which surely they knew since Candice wasn't calling in anymore, and drives them right to Sylar and the thief wants to help him.

Lord help Maya, the sheep that runs to the slaughter. Alesandro is more suspicious, so doubtless Sylar will deal with him first. Which is foolish bcs then he'll have no one to control his effects...but Sylar really wouldnt care if everyone died around him all the time, and when he does control his powers, he gains control much sooner than anyone else ever has.

Well, Maya blabbing all, the thief just has to do his job and act all innocent -oh my god, my innocent passengers are really murderers! I better call the police - because Maya hasnt spilled the one fact that all three are running from their jailbreak and the thief would never call the police etc, Sylar falls for it hook line and sinker. Question, just what did they tell, or not tell the guy to arrange it like that? Did he not know the Sylar killed people all the time, killed Candice, or in fact did he think he had a power that could survive Sylar's usual treatment?

Whatever is going on, we know for sure the thief set Sylar up on purpose to join the twins.

Hmm.

Which ...I hate to do this, brings us back to the faint possibility that Candice is not dead. Sylar couldnt change anything because he never really got Candice's power, she created the illusion of her body to see what Sylar actually does with his power, watched Sylar collapse, and then became the car thief to drag the twins, which the OWI doubtless pegged as 'ok to kill' with their virus powers, led the twins to Sylar, then pretended to let Sylar kill her again - because they want to see what happens with Sylar and these two powers. If the virus can be made controllable by just one person, and they have Mohinder as their backup, his blood runs a similar cure that Alesandro can effect, tho Mohinder has never manifested himself the same way. (Did his encounter with Hiro in the square count <g>)And may never manifest. He found a cure without it. If he can control it, they can control Sylar (They think, the foolish ones) and something can happen. Something is up...but what I do not know.

Meanwhile, Angela may still be the killer, not the Nightmare Man. Everything points to the Nightmare Man, and he looks evil to me.. but then again, his attack left Angela with wounds that were self inflicted. What if there was no attack and she really did just do this to herself? We still dont know what her power was, but she can manipulate the hell of out her son's guilty conscience with this maneuver. And...
why did she steal the socks?
Still waiting for a major revelation of her powers that has something to do with that :wink:
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:05 pm

Well, well, well....

We now know the reason that Matt's dad is called the Nightmare man. And he really had Matt and Nathan messed up there for a while. So was Matt's dad really telling the truth that Matt could do the same thing? And is he really the killer (remember he had a picture with the mark on it) It also seems that Bob is in trouble also. Maybe the killer is actually a good guy.... doing the world a favor in destroying these "Heroes" that are corrupted. Nathan's mom said that they have done some really terrible things, so....

Its also interesting how these "Heroes" do a rather good job of not showing their powers. They do know how to keep a secret.
The Picture of the group still interests me greatly.
Richard Roundtree (forgot name) - power? Talked to Peter from the past.
Died

Linderman - a Healer, Killed by D.L.

Mr. Petrelli - unknown power, Supposely commited suicide.

Mrs. Petrelli - unknown power, was attacked, taking the fall for Hiro's dad death.

Hiro's Dad - unknown power, was pushed off a building.

Bob - Can turn things into gold and probably things into other metals. Marked for death.

Matt's dad - Nightmare man - supposedly Marked for death.

So there are 5 more heroes that we have not met...
1 Man, 4 women.
What the heck are their roles? :shock:

Is D.L. really dead? His son referred to him in the present rather than in the past when telling his cousin about their powers. And was that really Mohinder showing up at her doorway?
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Evil Dads

Postby Mreen on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:41 pm

That should be the title of the next ep - or some ep coming up. The Evil Dad's Club.

I think that Matt realized he was tricked by Nightmare Dad, who really doesnt care at all if he kills Molly with his nightmares. The picture that was supposedly Nightmare Man marked for death, turned out to be Bob's pic, but not delivered yet. I still think Nightmare Dad manipulated Nathan into delivering the pics, he was drunk and bumped into Ando and went to Peters apartment, he was in the perfect place to deliver both. Nightmare man needs to find a way to deliver Bob's pic.. maybe he chose Matt.

Now that Matt knows his powers will develop to Prof X's level, he can enter Molly's nightmare and free her himself.

Mohinder is being slowly and not so slowly turned. Wont know where his goals and OWI's goal begin and leave off soon. But, despite his foul ups, we know from the first ep that he is a quick thinker on his feet and I want to see more of him outwitting people soon. I still have faith in the guy.

Nathan is starting to take some steps to help out- I'm hoping he'll see Peter soon. Both could help each other. (I know they want Peter on his own this year... but I think having the two of them together could be cool well before the finale)

I loved the fact that Tim stuck in the same Nick Matt flight joke that I had in my earlier post :lol:

I was suprised they killed off the bar guy so soon. I expected him to do a reveal about where he got the box of Peter's ID stuff... I mean, he just showed up with it. That and his rule against killing people made me think he was to be key in the shaping of the new Peter that Angela had ordered. He probably was, which was why OWI was so peeved at Little Miss Electric. I think little girl electric must be Bob's daughter. (I mean.. who else could it be?)

Bob is supposed to be this years HRG. Well, tough. HRG is still our HRG, and he's going to show us some dark side next ep, unless I miss my guess. That's okay, keep him ambivilent, we like it that way. But, as we didnt know HRG's first name, Bob wont have a last name till end of the season. Tho the odds of it being Midas are so strong that, well, it doesnt bear thinking about.

I'm waiting for the next revolving prop, like the ever changing book cover from the first season. Now, I know, I listened to the documentary, and I heard Tim say he just wasnt sure who to cast for the role, hence the picture changing, but it kept going back and forth and back and forth.. and despite the intent, I am keeping with the two universe theory, cause it was just more fun that way. If I ever see Tim at a convention, I'll let him know *pictures Tim warily warning security to never let anyone with badge saying 'M'reen' near him* :twisted:

I want a prop that keeps changing from ep to ep, back and forth or whatever. I miss that and am going to start looking for it. The sword? The scrolls? something ..... couldnt Tim give us one in post production, insert it in for us?
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows