Any fans of Babylon 5 ?

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby desert fox on Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:59 pm

I agree. Best thing about Babylon 5 is the characters and events delevop and evolve in a very believeble way. There is no cheeseness or so clear cliches. Stories are strong and dramatic and even sometimes tragic. Humour is clever and subtle. It is not trying to be overly funny or politically correct. There are no simple stories or characters. It is very unusual...Just like Farscape. Babylon 5 and Farscape are two series I just love in sci-fi. Nothing else.
desert fox
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Blackjack Davy on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:01 pm

Bab 5 is awesome. One of the best sci-fi shows ever, period. I have all 5 seasons on DVD plus the movies. Completely, totally and utterly awesome. Sure, season 1 is a little slow but stick with it. Seasons 3 and 4 are simply mind blowing. 8)
Blackjack Davy
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:07 pm

Brilliant series. Like a novel or series of novels set brought onto the screen. With so many scifi literary references you need an encyclopedia to catch them all. Great characters and acting. Relevant themes, events that matter over the course f the series. It was ahead of it's time when it was on, establishing the now popular multiseason arc, and there's still not another series quite like it.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby OssianMacCoul on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:18 pm

Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales Trailer Posted

http://slashdot.org/articles/07/06/25/0558253.shtml
'They have worlds out there, people that you wouldn't believe. But they do not have chocolate.'
OssianMacCoul
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby pushka on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:24 pm

I have recently just finished watching Babylon 5 all the way through, plus all of the films. - Thirdspace has to be my favourite of all of them.

The ultimate collection is the full Babylon 5 Universe, which include everything! - I must now proceed to get the DVDs for the Lost Tales.

I can say very little against Babylon 5 except that the telepath scenario in Season 5 was quite bad. Byron, who they introduced, was the worst character in it by far. It's saving grace was the G'kar/Londo relationship they evolved - absolutely fantastic and so funny!
Pushka the Cannon - Cannonade strikes again!
pushka
Luxan Warrior

Postby OssianMacCoul on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:41 pm

OssianMacCoul
Peacekeeper Commander

Re: Any fans of Babylon 5 ?

Postby GDafi on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:28 pm

B5 got me interested in scifi television again, as I had given up with Star Trek.

And then came Farscape, which pushed it out of number one spot
GDafi
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mreen on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:19 pm

This is a Babylon 5 thread, there's threads for Farscape DVDs - all over this Farscape site - if you want to talk about them.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby frenchkissing on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 am

I like Babylon 5~!
and also I am a big fan of Farscape 1-4 seasons box set DVD, how do you think aboutThe L Word 1-5 seasons box set DVD?

frenchkissing
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Previous

Return to Other Shows