OFFICIAL Torchwood thread! SPOILERS!!!

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:41 pm

Fragments was genius. Really brilliant getting the backstories of each character. Tosh and Owen's were my favorite and it was really cool seeing how Jack first became involved with Torchwood. Wonder if we'll get more of that future prediction story that made the dying Torchwood guy kill everyone. Was that guy in Jekyll?

Anyway. Two days to the finale. Can't wait.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Prowler on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:28 am

Fragments sets up the finale just wonderfully
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Firecracker on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Prowler wrote:Fragments sets up the finale just wonderfully

*sniffle*
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Wow. Just saw the Torchwood Finale and Wow is about all I could think or say.

That was one of the best and most heartbreaking epiodes of anything iI've seen in some time. Where will they go from here? It was heartbreaking seeing that video message. And the ther last scene. Loved Capt. John's character even more this episode than last. Hope we don't have to wait too long for the next Season.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby SunKrux on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:53 pm

RTD is dead to me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm not that sad about Owen (cause we all know he was dead anyway...) but TOSH?! WTF?

I'll still stick around cause I love the rest of the cast just as much and it's good. But RTD is dead to me. [-X
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Prowler on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:25 pm

With Owen having died earlier in the series, it made sense to 'remove' him from the team, and what was more heart wrenchig was that Owen passes on not knowing that Tosh was dying too, that she kept it to herself so as not to upset Owen any further, how she calmed his raging "your anger is tearing me apart!" not that the bullet in her gut had anything to do with it...
Now THAT was magic writing and was played so well.

Leaves the questions as to who will fill the gaps, I think that Martha will return as a full time member, but what of the other gap??
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:31 pm

I've heard Mickey Smith will be returning to this deinsion and joining Torchwood as the new tech person.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Firecracker on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Prowler wrote:With Owen having died earlier in the series, it made sense to 'remove' him from the team, and what was more heart wrenchig was that Owen passes on not knowing that Tosh was dying too, that she kept it to herself so as not to upset Owen any further, how she calmed his raging "your anger is tearing me apart!" not that the bullet in her gut had anything to do with it...
Now THAT was magic writing and was played so well.

Agreed. :)

But point of fact, Owen can't die. He is already dead. His body can be damaged, but he himself is still 'alive'.

How this will manifest in future Torchwood - or if they will even address it - is still open for debate.

But the character Owen can't die as we know it - because he is already dead. And until the life force he is getting from Jack runs out or is cut off - he won't ever 'die'.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Prowler on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 pm

Firecracker wrote:But point of fact, Owen can't die. He is already dead. His body can be damaged, but he himself is still 'alive'.

Aye, BUT, the radiation being released will destroy his body, ergo, Owen will be deader than a dead thing, and no 'risen mitten' will be able to help him this time. Which is a shame as I was just starting to like him.

But the character Owen can't die as we know it - because he is already dead. And until the life force he is getting from Jack runs out or is cut off - he won't ever 'die'.

But, without a body to go into, his life force will scatter to the darkest of places. Though, as he is the King of the Weevils perhaps he can take one of them over...??

Ancient_Einstein wrote:I've heard Mickey Smith will be returning to this deinsion and joining Torchwood as the new tech person.

Hmm, food for thought, if Rose is returning to DW for a small arc, perhaps Mickey will be too.
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Firecracker on Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:22 am

Prowler wrote:
Firecracker wrote:But point of fact, Owen can't die. He is already dead. His body can be damaged, but he himself is still 'alive'.

Aye, BUT, the radiation being released will destroy his body, ergo, Owen will be deader than a dead thing, and no 'risen mitten' will be able to help him this time. Which is a shame as I was just starting to like him.

Yes he is dead. Deader than a dead thing. And he has been that way for several episodes now. The only difference NOW is that his body is either terribly damaged or vapourized - and then how does Owen manifest?

Owen is dead - no question - but he can't die... because of the connection to Jack. And that glove doesn't need to be used again - because the connection to Jack is still there.

Prowler wrote:
Firecracker wrote:But the character Owen can't die as we know it - because he is already dead. And until the life force he is getting from Jack runs out or is cut off - he won't ever 'die'.

But, without a body to go into, his life force will scatter to the darkest of places. Though, as he is the King of the Weevils perhaps he can take one of them over...??

We do not know that. We do not know that Owen needs a body to retain Jack's life force.

All we know is that Owen is already dead. Ergo he cannot die again. He is 'alive' because of Jack's life force and until that connection is cut off... he is 'alive'.

Martha and Owen discussed that detail - and came to the same conclusion that I have.

We don't know.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby sleeper on Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:46 pm

SunKrux wrote:RTD is dead to me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm not that sad about Owen (cause we all know he was dead anyway...) but TOSH?! WTF?

I'll still stick around cause I love the rest of the cast just as much and it's good. But RTD is dead to me. [-X

Ouch, aren't you being too harsh on RTD? I mean, Torchwood was always meant to push the envelope, to take us places where no other Scifi show has gone. The only constant in that show will be Capt. Jack. And he will one day turn into the Face of Boe.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SunKrux on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:17 pm

sleeper wrote:
SunKrux wrote:RTD is dead to me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm not that sad about Owen (cause we all know he was dead anyway...) but TOSH?! WTF?

Ouch, aren't you being too harsh on RTD? I mean, Torchwood was always meant to push the envelope, to take us places where no other Scifi show has gone. The only constant in that show will be Capt. Jack. And he will one day turn into the Face of Boe.

You obviously don't know me very well...;)

I said similar things about the writers for FS and I'm still around FS. Don't worry...I'm sure RTD is a nice guy...he's just evil. EVIL I tell you. ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:50 pm

LOL. My kind of Evil. Like David Kemper. Makes me wonder how Steve Moffat would la some of these. He's not above fitting some sad stuff in.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby sleeper on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:11 pm

SunKrux wrote:
sleeper wrote:

You obviously don't know me very well...;)

I said similar things about the writers for FS and I'm still around FS. Don't worry...I'm sure RTD is a nice guy...he's just evil. EVIL I tell you. ;)

All the spoilers and rumors for what happens to the Doctor at the end of this season points to you being right. :twisted:
(sorry, will not say anything more about the Dr. on this thread).
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Not Bad Timing bad

Postby Mreen on Thu May 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Not Bad Timing bad...but it has it's moments. Beautifully done. Except the ep that really could have gone places, all about Owen. No spoilers, but lets just say they manage to ruin the whole thing by an exhaling of bad logic that made suspension of disbelief impossible, and shot it to the bottom of the pile. The next ep was all wet as well.

But, after that, they get their feet back up and gave us some good eps. The last 2 eps were the best since the first of this seaon, with some great character moments, tho a little tear jerky, but beautifully done. I just have to put my Torchwood blinders on and not argue for consitancy, and they look really good that way.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Previous

Return to Other Shows