OFFICIAL: Season 1 Heroes Discussion Thread!

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Love This Show!

Postby Mreen on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:25 am

I love this show!

That was great - we got to see so many reversals that I lost count, and what a wonderful choice for Linderman - Ando's surprise appearance (or would be surprise, curse you previews!) Nathan's about fact about face, and of course HRG's fate...

(tho, once we saw the shapeshifter become Simone, her becoming HRG's wife was inevitable - I just dont know why he didnt see that coming! I thought he'd at least find her body in the shower or something before the villains all entered en masse...)

Loved "Evil Matriarch" Grandma's about face - she is an Evil Matriarch after all, just a much more connected one than we thought and she is protecting her little chick as best she can.. maybe as only she can..

We now know who is the higher up in Claire's life that the Blink would answer to :bearhug: Hi Grandma!

lol --

they did this show so well, I was applauding them at so many scenes and choices... Mohinder being smart enough to get one up on Sylar, Sylar as usual getting one up on his captors ...the bug flattened to the ceiling, like a pinned captive in a spider's web.. I was so glad to see Mohinder was only bleeding and not dead (best I could hope for when I pictured 'what next', various other choices being Peter was seeing his own blood as his skull was being severed, Mohinder and Sylar just gone off to the next victim) -

and ... I even love the previews ...for just this once they didnt spell out who was going to survive this cliffhanger, and Sylar had that wonderful line when the announcer stopped making pronouncements about 'now they save the world'

"This is the part where they usually start screaming."

Omg that was so chilling .. I loved it!

I'm sticking with my two universe theory .. which means maybe next week we see where Wireless got to?

I loved that bit at the end - "We know you have theories, we want to hear them at nbc.com" I thought about someone downloading this 14page thread and cracked up <g>

I really ought to rewatch this ep and do a proper review, play by play of how I loved each new choice... but ... maybe there will be time tomorrow ... sadly RL demands I cant play on the computer all night!
Last edited by Mreen on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:51 pm

Mreen wrote:(You dont suppose he's a whitehaired Leonard Nimoy do you? He and Takai jousting for control of the OWI, but willing to join forces, lest Shatner try for a guest spot on the show... stopping now....)

Ok, that's just wrong. But very funny.

And Malcolm McDowel WAS in one of the ST movies you know. And he's Dr Bashir's uncle. So ther IS a ST connection there.

(Speaking of Dr Bashir, I guess he's on 24 now. I don't watch that show but I saw him in the commercial. Good for him.)

Back to Heros..., well, I guess we now know where Peter gets his scar.

I think that once Peter gets his feet back under him Syler is in for a surprise. It doesn't seem like any of his other victims ever fought back but after what Peter's been through and his training with Invisible Man I can't see him just tamely letting Sylar disect his brain. Both of these characters have been collecting powers so we'll have to see who absorbs who's powers. And if Peter passively absorbs at once all the powers Sylar has been collecting it might trigger some kind of meltdown without either having ever been exposed to Radioactive Guy.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mreen on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:02 pm

Ok, that's just wrong. But very funny.

Hey... I stopped didnt I? 8-[ Doesnt that count for something? O:)

Here I was thinking we'd have to wait till season 2 to see Sylar vs Peter showdown - but the previews last week proved me wrong! And Tim gets double the play on it bcs now its the cliffhanger to sustain us thru April! (Sooo thankful the previews do not show Peter alive and well so we dont have a forgone conclusion of who will win already)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:28 am

Very enjoyable ep. :D

Hooray for Ando! The Dynamic Duo are back together. yay! But Holy SuperPowers Batman, they teleported to a baaaad place. Should be interesting to see what they find out in the future.

Claire, Claire, Claire, naughty naughty. But I guess it's ok. I like that Grandma was looking out of her through Blink. Was not expecting that at all. So Grandma is into things up to her neck and beyond too. I wonder how/when she met Blink? Did Claude have anything to do with it? He's been in NYC for a while. (hmm, she could be a fountain of knowledge, if she ever opens her mouth, and she won't because she knows it'll get her killed to talk too much about Linderman and OWI, I wonder if she met Chandra? She's so far the only obvious link between the two. Hiro through dad/OWI to Linderman isn't nearly as direct so far.) And what was Blink gonna do if he and HRG HAD captured Nathan early on? geez what a dilemma. But since it never happened, I guess it's a moot point. Now, will Grandma take Claire under her wing, or try to shuffle her off again? My guess, is Claire stays in NYC, with Blink (and maybe Claude? Does Blink have to concentrate to get his powers to cancel other supers? He could have been walking down the street and uncovered Claude, literally by accident!) and the careful eye of Grandma because she knows better than to argue with her son's daughter. Same stubborness. Grandma will just get craftier, as she obviously has in the past. Will she bring Father and daughter together? I think after the election is most likely, if they survive the boom.

Everyone has their price, and Linderman, it seems, can pay ANYONE's price. Not too surprising. But Nathan's gonna be in a heck of a lot of trouble with him. TWO dead FBI agents and Nicki asserting herself over Jessica again. (Get the feeling DL and Micah know it's been Jessica all this time?) This is not gonna be pretty, even after Linderman cleans it all up for him. Love the line about not getting any pot pie. LOL

Poor HRG. He's actually got his wife back... and now he's dead. At least that is what we're being led to believe. He at least believes Claire to be safe. He didn't tell Mrs. Bennet any of that. Cagey guy, but totally necessary. I'm glad he does know that he saved his daughter.

Mystique+ is one hezmana of a witch, in a multitude of ways. But I guess Simone really is dead. I almost feel sorry for Isaac, back on the hero-in AND painting his death, by Sylar, just like how Hiro found him so long ago. Is he gonna call Hiro? or HRG? Well, he can't call either one of them and Isaac's gonna have to deal with it himself. And I don't think he'll do it very well. Especially being next on Sylar's hit list.

Chances are, Peter and Sylar are both gonna walk away from this encounter. It's too early for a final showdown between those two yet, and who's gonna blow up/save the world/kill Isaac if they both aren't around? But will Mohinder? I kept yelling, shoot him in the knee! The KNEE! Ok, fine, just shoot next to his ear, it'll deafen him a LOT for a LONG TIME. awww dammit, Mohinder, you shoulda capped him when you had the chance. :(

And Sylar's seen another partial list. :( More dead people to come.

Anyone speak French?

Had the same thought about this thread mreen. LOL
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

did you notice scifi.com has bboard problems today?

Postby Mreen on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:09 pm

My high school French has dwindled down to Matriarch Petrelli adding 'if you please' (presumably do a better job guarding Claire) and him asking her pardon. Maybe I'll resurrect it enough to figure it out, but I was always terrible with languages. Hopefully someone reading this thread will come thru for us <g>

One note - still want to write that review for the ep, but ..well, it looks like I'll have time if its not airing till April, but in the meantime - I kept calling her a shapeshifter, but on second thought about it.. she really is more of an illusionist.

She makes you think you are seeing and hearing who she wants, rather than change actual shape - and the clothes and surroundings too. HRG's wife could have had her body on the floor or the bed right there, and HRG would never know -same way she hid Simone's body from the police right after she walked all the way in.

This is smart because it will not only explain the 'how did the clothes and hair and voice change' that so many TV shapeshifter characters like to ignore with some small mention about shifting bones, but it will make her a phenomenal enemy to deal with in fight where there may be more of her, or machines (or less machines) or whatever party she is with that she wishes to hide.

She could also be a major force to reckoned with, but her thinking appears to be small and petty - which makes her good within a morally gray (on a good day) company, but not more than deadly nuisance on her own.

Sylar may be able to hear the heart beats, but he may not be able to tell what things in his way are real or not if he fights her, which gives her a fair chance.. which, despite her being clearly 'evil' (or at least bad) is a good thing - do we want someone as smart as Sylar with that ability? No, I think not. No... not at all.....

Peter - on the other hand - could really freak some people out if he got hold of it, and that could be ..ah.. entertaining to watch him use it to take somebody down. (Peter really isnt a 'take somebody down' kind of guy, but he can be pushed to do so if they are tearing at him enough.)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:35 am

Found a translation
Mama Petrelli: "Well, at least now she'll be safe, no thanks to you".
Haitian: "Listen, I did all I could. She (would eventually have) found her own path." or "She followed (chose) her own path regardless."

Interesting view on Mystique+. Certainly makes a lot of sense to me. Sylar would be deadly, ok, even more deadly, with this kind of illusionist power. Scary thought. I don't know what Peter would do with it. He's basically an honest guy, tho I can see him using it against someone in self defense.

scifi.com's bboard has problems? I usually just look in to see who has a birthday and I don't even post. lol
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

the story of the scifi bboard, blah blah blah

Postby Mreen on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:33 am

I posted a post on the Farscape Bboard (praising the survivial of the sonic screwdriver in the duel between the Doctor #9 and #10) when suddenly I couldnt see my reply, ISP problems - I could view anything but the forum pages, but its better now. All is good, however, because it sent me right over here to post during lunch and I often dont have time. <g>

Glad you found a translation - I like it better than the few words I understood (without context) but at least we got the gist of it - she'd had it with the Haitian losing her granddaughter, and now that Claire was found, Grandma could take the moment to yell at him. He's too polite to say 'Gimme a break.' <g>

Its funny to think back of Peter's running from the hospital after he wakes up and his mother muttering "When I find him, I'm going to kill him." How can she protect him if he keeps running away?

And back in the opening up when she slapped him for saying he knew about Nathan's accident before the call. All her life she must have been suppressing his tendencies as best she could, and discouraging him from ever speaking about them. I wonder if she gave the attention to Nathan on purpose, shoving the 'normal' son out in the public eye to keep Peter shadowed and away from attention. The dynamics in that family are .. painful and well meant. Ouch. Nathan has all those tendencies too - he knew instinctively to keep what he had hidden, to shove away anything that made him less than a public go-getter, and also anything that made him more than that.

So - mom and dad were part of the company - was Claude protecting Papa Patrelli? Was Linderman? Or was he well known, and the previous 'heart attacks' simply him surviving OWI's experiments, if he no longer seemed as useful on his two feet, but needing recovery time. Was his suicide a death from them? Him being found out covering for a super? Him killing himself rather than be discovered?

Did Matriarch Patrelli kill him to cover up for her sons newly started abilities? Did he kill himself as part of the family coverup? And she have abilities all her own? Maybe failing ones.. she was caught stealing the socks, after all :-k :twisted:

And Linderman - he who kills anyone he wants to, loves to hire the mutants and people who control them... is he going to replace HRG with Nathan? (no, Nathan is too public to go sprinting around the world capturing mutants) Is he a counter HRG - his ruthless methods and brutal actions behind a movement to protect the mutants from OWI? Is anything to be trusted? Can we find ways to speculate to last thru April and beyond?

Tune in to this thread to find out!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:51 pm

I don't think Mystique used her powers to hide Simone's body. The cops never got inside the apt, just spoke to Isaac from the doorway and Simone's body was not in a direct line of sight. They just didn't see her. I doubt Mystique can change the form of anything but herself. But I really have no evidence for that.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby sleeper on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:30 pm

I'm afraid that the show has "jumped the shark' with the Mystique character. I mean she is too powerful... she has to have a weakness of some sort.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:12 pm

She cant change form at all, she just creates illusions.

Watch again on Friday night and you'll see when she creates the shimmery air, Simone's body appears on the bed again, and disappears when when she appears as shot up Simone.

I believe she walked down to be near the body to hide it, so we are talking probably a spatial field she can generate, assuming its not a hypnosis thing, which I dont think it is.

She's not all that powerful, since all is an illusion, but she is definately more powerful than a simple 'fool you into thinking I'm someone else' sort of way. She just hasnt really tapped into all she can do, if that's her main gig, so we arent going to see her rule the world <g> but I would sincerely dread someone like Sylar with that power - he would become too dangerous to continue in the series..probably start having minions and such working under him...no, not gonna let that happen.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:17 am

And she can't make you believe in the illusion either, like Eden could make you do what she wanted you to do. I think if you are aware of her abilities, you'd end up really paranoid, but also probably able to spot the inconsistencies which are sure to exist. Isaac is not a good meter of her abilities, he wasn't in the best of shape when she showed up. HRG either, he was actually under a great deal of unusual stress when he was caught by her illusion. I'd like to see what happens when you know she's around and are alert for her. She seemed to be the kind of person who likes playing mindtrips on her "friends."

Hmm, I wonder how she knew what Simone looked like? I mean granted, Isaac's been under surveillance and OWI know about her, especially since her dad owns the building, but still, I'd like to know what she needs in order to pretend to be someone else? Some DNA, a picture, a voice recording?
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mreen on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:05 am

Well, I figured she was handed a picture when she got her assignment, but I'm not sure where they got a voice recording. I mean, she was mildly in the public eye, circulating the art world and socialite circles as her job and father's daughter... since her father's building was once headquarters they'd have known her/known of her, but for them to keep a voice recording of her? Seems a little far fetched.

Maybe Thomas just had her practice and would tell her 'a little more alto' or that sort of thing, she only had to get away with impressing the police with two sentences, and then freaked Isaac out on her own.

She was clearly studying HRG in the last two eps tho, I expect her to be doing her version of him soon. Maybe Matt as well - oh, heck, maybe that's what she's doing, convincing Matt's wife that Matt is around by popping up here and there.. rats. I was hoping that Janice got together with his ex FBI partner and guilted her into looking for her husband. I could see Janice berating the other woman for letting Matt down when she knew very well what his abilities were, despite its impact on her career, and the two of them guilting each other enough to get her started on it. HRG and Mohinder (having just tried to reach Matt before he disappeared) would be her two main suspects, if she doesnt click on to the Sylar angle. Benched or not, she'd take a look into it and do better than Matt and Ted (and the still missing Wireless) Maybe Wireless, revenge bent tho she is, would help out. She'd be in it to get Ted, of course.

But now, shattering my hopes, is the Mystique approach. Heck, she probably pocketed the diamonds when Janice called on her, as Matt, to return them. At least she'd be able to fence them and use the money, as Matt never could, with a family to protect. (Matt may know a few shifty people from his job, but he's always been too honest for them trust him now.. heck, they'd get a kick out of turning him in.)
Rats, rats, rats, rats.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:03 am

whoa mreen. hold on. I think you are really getting ahead of yourself. lol
Slow down.

I guess I just want to know how much Illusionist girl has to know to impersonate someone. She hasn't done it for any length of time so far, so it may be that she can't do it for a long period of time.

Oh and I forgot. So where is Wireless Girl? Do you think maybe it was Illusionist girl the entire time playing mind games with Ted and his computer? I can see her powers extended far enough that she can pretend to IM him on his non-internet connected computer, she was right outside the door. Or do you think she had to be in the room too? Dunno... but where is Wireless Girl????
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mreen on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:14 am

That's an idea about where she disappeared too .. but I really think she's in that other universe, busy buzzing about, and about to pull a fast one on somebody. She seemed good at that, in her hell bent on revenge way.

Apparently Heroes has 23eps instead of the 22 I was thinking, so they have a Final Five instead of Final Four. Whatever shall they be doing?

I hope I am getting ahead.. maybe Tommy Boy and Mystique arent that concerned with Matt's family (yet) and are letting Janice stir up all the trouble she wants in LA, not knowing her husband is chained up in a lab in Texas... but ....well, it seems they've been doing this a long time, (Tommy Boy&Company, not Mystique who has that newbie bad girl vibe about her) and I cant see how they cant spike the rescue I envisioned. I just hope they are too occupied with their top man HRG turning turncoat to think too much about Matt, who's more of non-entity on the notable people scale - after all, he's just an unemployed ex-security guard/suspended cop, in a world where two guards/thugs are killed for every big breakout/crimespree and nobody notices the bodies piled up, even if only an inch below the shifting sand in the desert.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Heros Art Auction for Charity! on now!

Postby chryse on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:45 am

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/auction/

You saw it in Heroes. Now you can own it yourself. Imagine a signed limited edition print of Hiro and the T-Rex hanging in your very own home—and the original drawing that inspired it from artist Tim Sale. These limited edition prints are actually displayed on canvas and stretched over wooden frames, just like in Isaac's studio. On March 26, you can bid on these prints and other memorable artwork from the show. You not only have a shot at owning a piece of history, but you'll also support the ongoing efforts of the National Epilepsy Foundation.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows