OFFICIAL: Season 1 Heroes Discussion Thread!

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby chryse on Tue May 08, 2007 5:30 pm

OMG! Poor Molly. Do you guys really think that Bennett/Parkman/Sprague are really going to kill her? Mohinder, Mohinder. What are you going to do? But it doesn't appear that Sylar gets Molly. Could it be because Bennett's group DOES kill the little girl?

Poor Hiro. No, he can't, not now, kill anyone, even Sylar in cold blood. A Hero doesn't do that.

I wonder how Sylar could move? Did Hiro's concentration falter just a bit? Or does Sylar have some other kind of power? He had also managed to break free of OWI's cell, where his powers were supposed to be nullified also. Damn, Freud much? Yes, we know Sylar is mentally unbalanced, do you have to give us his mother as the reason why? Ok, I have give some blame to his father, as he was obviously an abusive husband too. But still!

Where'd Haitian go? He was working with Mrs. Petrelli, but we haven't seen him since he brought Claire to her. I wonder what they told Nathan's wife and kids about Claire? "Oh, she's just a friend of Peter's who is staying with us for a few days." ??? Poor Claire, yes, dear, your daddy is working with the bad guys.

Took long enough for Micah to figure out Candice. And "I can make you see anything you want"? hmmm, seems her power runs a bit deeper than that, but I'll forgive her for underestimating Micah' intelligence. Took even longer for DL and Jessica to go after Micah. Funny how they appeared only where their lives were documented in Linderman's Mutant Museum.

Well, Ted and Peter have met. Ted, would you like to tell Peter to calm down and control your power now? Before Claire thinks she really has to kill her uncle?

I just realized last night that there hasn't been any futures where the bomb didn't go off. There are several scenarios... Peter goes off and Sylar gets blamed and becomes Pres... Sylar goes off and what? ... Ted goes off (unlikely) and what? ....

So, until he killed Mommie Dearest, Sylar didn't want to kill innocents on a mass scale? That doesn't quite make sense to me. If he's supposed to be special, then all non-mutants shouldn't give him any qualms at all, and he has killed non-mutants, like Claire's friend and anyone else who's gotten in his way. He's special, they aren't. End of story. He's more special than other mutants, so he's more deserving of powers, I get that, twisted as it is. But that should really make the rest of just lambs to the slaughter.

But now, Sylar's really gone off the deep end, he's killed Mom, so now he has no morals at all? He wants to kill millions in NYC and become President, just like Mommy wants him to? I really don't like that motivation.

Hmm, maybe Linderman recruits Sylar so they can work together against Peter stopping the boom?

Don't you just love the cinemetography of this how? It's beautiful. What with DL doubled in the mirror like Nikki and Jessica... Claire holding the gun... beautiful frames. The Red spiraly staircase in the middle of all the gray/white square

Just 2 more eps left. Geez, they are going to packed with stuff. I can hardly wait.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby sleeper on Tue May 08, 2007 5:49 pm

chryse wrote:OMG! Poor Molly. Do you guys really think that Bennett/Parkman/Sprague are really going to kill her? Mohinder, Mohinder. What are you going to do? But it doesn't appear that Sylar gets Molly. Could it be because Bennett's group DOES kill the little girl?

Yeah, they probably will kill her. Is this what sets Matt off to be a cold hard killer?.

chryse wrote:Poor Hiro. No, he can't, not now, kill anyone, even Sylar in cold blood. A Hero doesn't do that.

Well, Ando is probably going to die, if Hiro doesn't kill Sylar in cold blood. In a face to face fight, Sylar wins.

chryse wrote:I wonder how Sylar could move? Did Hiro's concentration falter just a bit? Or does Sylar have some other kind of power? He had also managed to break free of OWI's cell, where his powers were supposed to be nullified also. Damn, Freud much? Yes, we know Sylar is mentally unbalanced, do you have to give us his mother as the reason why? Ok, I have give some blame to his father, as he was obviously an abusive husband too. But still!.

I think Hiro let time move forward, just to give Sylar a chance. Bad move.

chryse wrote:Where'd Haitian go? He was working with Mrs. Petrelli, but we haven't seen him since he brought Claire to her. I wonder what they told Nathan's wife and kids about Claire? "Oh, she's just a friend of Peter's who is staying with us for a few days." ??? Poor Claire, yes, dear, your daddy is working with the bad guys.

Well the Haitian is working for Mama. She must have him doing something. On a side note, it seems that Peter is immune to him due to the time when he rescued the invisible man and was able to use his powers.

chryse wrote:Took long enough for Micah to figure out Candice. And "I can make you see anything you want"? hmmm, seems her power runs a bit deeper than that, but I'll forgive her for underestimating Micah' intelligence. Took even longer for DL and Jessica to go after Micah. Funny how they appeared only where their lives were documented in Linderman's Mutant Museum.

Looks like Linderman has all of his bases covered... he probably knows what they are up to and has a trap set for them. He probably knows how to neutralize Jessica.

chryse wrote:Well, Ted and Peter have met. Ted, would you like to tell Peter to calm down and control your power now? Before Claire thinks she really has to kill her uncle?.

Yeah, Peter, stop getting all hot and bothered when you see Ted... heck he ain't that good lookin'.

chryse wrote:I just realized last night that there hasn't been any futures where the bomb didn't go off. There are several scenarios... Peter goes off and Sylar gets blamed and becomes Pres... Sylar goes off and what? ... Ted goes off (unlikely) and what? .

Good point, if NYC does get saved, what happens next?

chryse wrote:So, until he killed Mommie Dearest, Sylar didn't want to kill innocents on a mass scale? That doesn't quite make sense to me. If he's supposed to be special, then all non-mutants shouldn't give him any qualms at all, and he has killed non-mutants, like Claire's friend and anyone else who's gotten in his way. He's special, they aren't. End of story. He's more special than other mutants, so he's more deserving of powers, I get that, twisted as it is. But that should really make the rest of just lambs to the slaughter.

So when does psychopaths need a good excuse to go crazy. The old standards are good enough :wink:

chryse wrote:But now, Sylar's really gone off the deep end, he's killed Mom, so now he has no morals at all? He wants to kill millions in NYC and become President, just like Mommy wants him to? I really don't like that motivation.

Sylar has always been into getting power. Now that he sees the way to it (thanks to Isaac) it is not a problem.

chryse wrote:Hmm, maybe Linderman recruits Sylar so they can work together against Peter stopping the boom?.

I'm sure Linderman has a way to stop Sylar (with the Haitian) and "make him an offer he can't refuse."

chryse wrote:Don't you just love the cinemetography of this how? It's beautiful. What with DL doubled in the mirror like Nikki and Jessica... Claire holding the gun... beautiful frames. The Red spiraly staircase in the middle of all the gray/white square.

Yeah it was a nice touch.

I can't wait either, Chryse, the next 2 episodes are going to be good.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

this may take a few pages ...so get your tea and cookies now

Postby Mreen on Wed May 09, 2007 2:36 am

I did love the ep - its going to be amazing sitting thru the double ep next week! May have to get home early and make popcorn and all that, for the real movie experience (Orville would probably make a killing doing commercials during that event)

um- yes, I agree, Hiro lost his nerve and let time move forward when he realized he couldnt kill Sylar that way. (When Sylar's eye moved, his mom fell forward - all of time was back. But starting with Sylar's eye was a real freaky way for them show it <g>) I can really feel for Hiro, watching Sylar beg his mother to make him not be a monster anymore...

She may have been the cause, but she meant well at least - and was horrified by the monster inside her child. (BTW did you see that boyhood pic snowglobe of Sylar/Gabriel? Freaky, like they reversed aged him in Sylar form and stuck some other kids smile over him.. what little boy would have those giant furry eyebrows at that age? -if it turns out to be a real pic of the actor as a kid, I apologize..but it didnt look it! ...of course the globe distorted the features to make the mouth look funny, that wasnt really a fake smile pasted on the kid, I'm sure)

Sylar really wanted Hiro to kill him just then, and was furious that Hiro wouldnt just end it.

Of course even Sylar cared about becoming the cause of a bomb that killed millions ..he's a monster, but he is a human being. Its shattering - when he called Mohinder for help, desperate, he pointed out the obvious -"They're not special, they dont matter, they're innocents. What would I have to gain?" He knows he'd never care about ordinary people enough to just kill off millions... then, with his mothers blood the vision of the bomb came again and suddenly he saw the path to presidency the bomb would lay open.. the path laid out for Nathan that he could just take if he did it right... he's gone round the bend, accepting mass murder as a means to an end. Of course he later would kill off the mutants, the concept is a used, familiar one by then.. mass murder/genocide for personal gain has already been accepted by the supers as a fair method of advancement. Sylar is just beating them to it.

Micah got turned around in the maze ... I think he never really the apartment, just raced around the couch, she'd keep him close. I think he could escape Sylar ...but I'm not so sure about Candice. I have a horrible feeling she'll die in the next two eps. Its not that she's in anyway a nice person, tho very young, but .. I think Sylar will get to her and Sylar with her powers 8-[ (((shudder))) ...very bad news.

Molly isnt likely to die -today anyway- Hiro of the future went to HRG to ask for some people he asked HRG to hide. He wanted Molly, Candice, and DL. We know DL and Candice were eaten by Sylar (or at least debrained) Molly's fate, possibly the same, unknown. I dont think Molly's power to know where all the other mutants are would be enough to satiate Sylar, but lord knows before he was satiated, that would on the list right behind Claire's with powers most wanted. To track down everyone he ever wanted by just thinking about them. Now, all three were hidden by HRG of the future, all three lives in question.

HRG is cold blooded enough that he likely knows Walker is a mutant.. he may not know its a little girl. I think when the time comes, he'll be unable to kill her and even Ted would refuse. Mohinder is the key to her escape - HRG could be the instrument. Will Hiro bring her to him to hide before all is said and done?

The way I see it, Candice is walking on some very thin ice right now...Sylar could get her and then stalk up to anyone as anyone over the course of the two parter. In fact - that's how he does it. Remember Nathan stalking up to Peter in the nightmare, I wont leave you, walking up like death, glaring at Peter like Sylar ... if Sylar has Candice, that could be him, just pretending to be Nathan, while the real Nathan is in hiding with his family, waiting to come out of the woodwork and take his power...

Peter saw them merge in his nightmare.. but doesnt understand his visions well enough to realize the warning. (well, if he did, we wouldnt get as much fun out of trying to outguess him, now would we?)

We have only seen the future twice, each time it was with the explosion having happened. But, we didnt get to see Mohinder's dad in that 5yr future, did we?

But we saw him now, younger, with his little girl and his pregnant wife - and it wasnt the same actor as in the dream scapes and phone call! It was another dad! - You realize what this means?

We have a shot at saving New York! This is the right universe for it to work! Hiro from the future came from the other universe to pass the warning, Hiro and Ando are home at last in their own world... now they have to save it!

Ando, does look like a red shirt tho, his life hanging on thread maybe only slightly thinner than Candice.

DL has to avoid becoming Sylar lunch meat - but despite his tendency to be everyone’s easy target, he's only got to survive this 2 parter to have a chance. Could he? Possibly? Maybe.

Claire, Ted, Peter (glowing) Matt and HRG gathered together. Surely Sylar is drawn to that meeting of his favorite lunches.. surely Nathan will look out the window - oh wait, he's wallowing in the knowledge that not only Linderman, but his aggressively controlling dear Mother wants him to become a mass murderer. No wonder Nathan is Sylar ...both mom's have the same dream to make their boy president, Mrs Petrelli is willing to see the mass murder happen to make it so, Sylar will have to be his own mass murderer helper without her on his side.

(I wonder what her power is, ... this must be why she killed her husband, or why he killed himself. He couldnt stand watching the son that modeled himself upon the father, watch that son become president because Daddy, Mommy and the Linderman Group killed 7% of the world to put him there. The dream tortured him, those two other suicide attempts and then Mother Petrelli says "He finally got his wish."
It happened so shortly after the car crash that made his son fly and daughter in law put in a wheelchair.

And so she put her son on the track to winning this election, and stole socks.

She beat Peter down (emotionally) when he showed his empathic skills - but still knew he was likely to be the source of the explosion ..must have known. Maybe she still hopes that Sylar or Ted will do it, maybe she doesnt really care anymore.. having lost him once, she knows she'll lose him again, but maybe Claire's power will be enough to bring him back again.
Maybe she isnt bringing Claire to Paris to spare her the ordeal, but because she believes Claire can save New York and she has to stop her. Will she die now, to show her belief in the destiny, to show she thinks its alright to commit this act, that one life matters so little?
She might take that chance, to impress Nathan, but really, she's the type that sacrifices by sacrificing others .. and goes on how it hurts so much more to survive, to those that need to hear it, and tell the others not to be so sentimental, there's work to do and power to gain, and they're not going to sit there wallowing in guilt during this crucial moment of avarice and action.

She and Linderman, and Mr Nakamura ... quite something else. I wonder if Charles Deveaux(Simone's dad) was part of that group as well ...surely he must have been. Still ... he talked to Peter in that dream - that dream that must have come from him, the power Peter absorbed from being near him without knowing it.. maybe he was that one that broke the rules first, using his powers to gain from Stock market tips about the future, crushing young Linderman's dream of the bright future he was molding.. maybe it was Nakamura with his company takeovers. All of them amassed powe and wealth that we've seen. But .. when he saw the bright future with Peter, flying around New York City.. surely he wanted Peter to save the world from Linderman, that was the secret legacy he hoped for him.

Maybe I'm wrong.. maybe Peter was planted there, it was the first step to give Peter the dreams and start him absorbing powers from others so they could guarantee the explosion when no one else was sure if would happen on target. Maybe Mr Petrelli Sr wouldnt come to the party because he was furious that nothing he could do would stop them from sending Peter down this path, and he couldnt be a part of it. Maybe Mr Petrelli was the only one who couldnt live with the vision of mass murder to save the world.. did he leave any legacy behind for them? Any key to undo the future he couldnt face? Maybe next season?

I dont know.. so much to cover this next ep without going there, I dont know how much can be revealed about this Petrelli family and the legacy they have left behind and continue to be key players in.

DL and Niki were pushed together to create the next generation, Linderman wanted Micah and saw to it he got created.. maybe he planned another family of supers. He didnt just ask for Niki to sleep with Nathan to cover a debt, he was breeding his next toy. Madame Petrelli tried to hide Nathan's Folly in Texas, so she thought that no one knew it was Nathan's child as well...but I wonder how much of that was set up. They sent HRG and Chris to capture/kill Meredith, plucked Claire from her protection and put him with their number one company man. She pulled the Haitian to snatch her away... but also to make sure she stayed away from New York. She's with Linderman on the cause, it seems, but hopes to get one child from the brood out from under it. Or at least to promise her that, to keep her from interfering.

She may have more of a gray side than it seems.. but she seems so dedicated to the cause. We shall see which strings she pulls this time.. If she has more than once side she intends to work with, then maybe Nathan modeled himself more on her than his father, when he began his shark like ways.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mreen on Tue May 15, 2007 4:06 am

Ted is dead.

Well, okay, I dont think there was anyone here who thought he had a snowball's chance of surviving this ep ... but the poor guy did go screaming .. very bad, very sad. I was, I admit, shocked that FBI Agent survived the ep. I thought, when the truck sped away and she turned her head, she would turn back dead. Also .. I thought she had an idea what Sylar looked like after Claire and Peter were eye witnesses, they both must have described him. Guess their descriptions were too iffy for the artist to draw pics...but still. She of all people, would have guessed. I guess her fate is to die saving Mohinder then, because the two are equally obsessed with stopping Sylar - she gave up and turned her back on it to save her job, but after Ted's death, she'll be back on it. Both Mohinder and she have faced Sylar, played into his game and walked away. It will take the two of them to save Molly from him...but I doubt she'll survive it. Mohinder has a chance, he lived once before.

Ando is rushing to his death... I understand his panic...but... such a poor fool. If only Hiro would do the obvious - freeze time, and then race around trying to find him. Same distance, less time. I assume the training montage was just that, that Hiro altered time so they could train together ... but if Hiro rips out his heart, he'll become the future Hiro that he hated... and probably sacrifice Ando still. (Yes, Ando is the princess in this case <g>)

Loved the dragon story, despite its message of doom...

Linderman is dead! Go DL! of course, DL look's pretty dead .. Linderman, heal thyself and heal DL! But.. it doesnt look like that will happen. Hooray for DL anyway, that nest of spiders Linderman ran was more horrific than even Mendel could have imagined. He had such awful plans for everyone. (I wonder if the actor's nephew will play young Linderman the healer in the flashbacks/timetravels story of that generation, how everyone started out full of hope, and then betrayed their dreams into becoming monsters that thought they could save the world by out doing its savagery)

For tonight, at least, they are stopped.

And George ..um, Mr Nakamura is letting Hiro save the world or die trying! Of all the Heroes who believed in sacrifice for others, I wouldnt have guessed him to be the one willing to sacrifice his family to stop the Linderman's group act of destruction. But of course... his family already paid the price for the last city hit by a nuclear blast, his own father dead that way. He, of all the heroes, could see that this act must never happen again. Hiro knew that too.

Tell me, when Mr Nakamura talked about his band of friends who had strength and did much good in the world until - were you saying, 'yeah, the crew of Star Trek'- until some of them began to use the powers for personal gain (George pauses, then says "The Shatner Effect", but the Tim insisted on a retake without that) and - I would almost think that Linderman's group and Mr Nakamura's people were working against each other, each thinking the other had betrayed them for personal gain, - but they were so clearly one company.

I think Mr Nakamura realized what a valuable employee Mr Bennet was, so he gave him Claire, in an effort to turn him. To make him start caring about individuals. Mr Nakamura has been waiting for someone in his family to ascend - so he has no power? (Not even the power to make himself look like Sulu?) Surprise... but then, in all his family he must have watched over generations.. and now he expects Hiro to strike the balance for his grandfather's death, and avert the crisis that wiped out that generation. hmm. Not bad..

Did Mr Nakamura's plan work? After all, Bennet ran a cell within his office, Isaac, Evil Waif/Eden, and Haitian, all determined to save NYC. He ordered Isaac to kill Peter to save the world, he tried to stop the disaster thru brutal means... did the company never tell him? Or did he just follow his own agenda?

I doubt he knows about the plan to save the world by destroying 7% of the population (btw, loved the Sherlock Holmes allusion in that title "The 7% Solution") but ..surely, his people wouldnt have let him go ahead with a plan to stop it.

Webs within webs, was Linderman's way... where does it all end? Begin?

Is Jessica about to die to save Niki's family? Can Nathan do an about face at the last minute or will he live the role of the villain to the hilt? He would relish the role, despite his guilt, in fact the guilt would just fuel his determination. But - he's revealed a thirst for justice before. Linderman thought when he cured Heidi, he surely cured Nathan's desire for revenge against him - the site of Heidi in the chair could have Nathan turning heel and coming after him one day, propelled by guilt and vengeance. Now that's gone, leaving just greed and avarice warring with the roles of destiny as Peter and Linderman spell them out to him.

But ... he saw Hiro shouting to him, Hiro was the only person who believed in him the way Peter did, knowing secrets and sharing a power, believing Nathan would, of course, choose the role of hero in the end.

Now Hiro calls him for what he is.. wont he, before he has to see that look in Peter's eye, wont he need to be there? Go back to Peter (after all, he can fly) and be there when the bomb goes off, giving up the role of President to be a hero who helped stop the bomb instead. Its his only shot at peace - but will he take it? Will Sylar appear before then- taking from Nathan that one moment? He intends, at this point, to be the bomb.

Even tho Peter was the bomb in the universe where it all happened.

And worse yet ... the beginning of the ep was altered. We did not begin where we ended. We were back in the world where the bomb will go off - will the next ep begin in that same universe? Can Hiro swing us back? What are the limits of his power, and in this cross universe pendulum swinging.. is there a way for him to bring it all back?

major popcorn day, next monday.

And they still didnt say what Mr Petrelli Sr's power was... not even Mrs Petrelli, tho she's 50/50 to have one too.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Tue May 15, 2007 4:53 pm

I think it's .07% of the world's population. 7% would be more than just the population of NY City, or even NY State.

Mama Petreli stated that she had a power, but not what it was.

For the record, I think Nathan has some plan to stop the bomb and still become president. Just you watch. He's not ready to sacrifice the population of the city where he lives.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby chryse on Wed May 16, 2007 12:02 am

yes, the title was 0.07%
but, hey, the Holmes reference still works.

Linderman dying was also a given in this ep, imo. As much as he may have manipulated DL and Nikki, he also underestimated him. I was expecting Nikki and Jessica to fight it out over the money before Linderman shot DL, but I suppose Jessica dies later on.

They looove that red spiraly staircase. They even made a point of framing 2 supers around it so that it looked like a partial DNA spiral. Beautiful work.

I was surprised Ando went off to kill Sylar alone. I know he doesn't want to die and the act seemed a bit precipitous to me. Granted, he and Hiro had switched their positions (one being all about fate and destiny and other doubting it), but going after Sylar by himself seems too much like suicide... on the other hand, perhaps he'd been inspired by all the Samurai stuff in the store and decided that dying in a good cause (bushido) was worth it after all.

Man, I'd give anything to know if the Nakamura family has a family story about one of their ancestors being a Tenshi (heavenly maiden). LOL It'd completely explain the "ascended" status. LOL Good to know that they do recognize the genetic component. That they were waiting for it to manifest strongly implies that it was recessive gene. Glad they also explained that Kensei was a title, Sword Saint. Didn't recognize the dragon-samurai story. But it's not associated with either of the 2 samurai I thought they were using for Kensei Takezo. I thought at first that it was the story of Susanou and Orochi, but it was completely different. Didn't think the story was as gloomy as you. My take was that in the end, the Hero dies to save those he loves... Hiro would risk his life to save Ando.. but Hiro doesn't have to die.

*sigh* even if Hiro used his powers to accelerate his training time, he'd still need months of real training... Sylar may not be used to dealing with a sword, but he has other powers to make up for that lack. But I was thinking that Masi (The actor) must have had some fun "training" with Takei during the scene.... Masi actually does do kendo (martial art sword training).

The Shatner Effect: LOL!

Poor Ted. He was totally set up by Sylar from the get go. :( The FBI agent thinks she knows what Sylar looks like now, doesn't she? I hope she watches her step. But I agree, I don't think she'll for very much longer.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Allara on Wed May 16, 2007 1:18 am

I find it disturbing that I enjoy watching Sylar on the screen so much. He's a very enigmatic character and definetly a forced to be reckoned with. In the episode "Five Years Gone," for a brief moment we saw a battle between shape-shifting Sylar and a scarred-up-Peter. They both seemed to be pretty well decked out with various powers and we have no idea who would've won that epic battle in the future. Now, five years earlier, it looks like we'll see them finally face off against one another once more. I doubt that we'll see Sylar fall to the hands of anyone- this team of "heroes" just isn't prepared to handle that yet- and he's too intriguing of a villian to lose so early on. I think he'll escape to live another day and cause New York City's big boom.
Knowing is nothing. Imagining is everything.
Allara
Peacekeeper Commander

so...why doesnt the quote thingy work?

Postby Mreen on Wed May 16, 2007 2:01 am

[quote="KaraS"]I think it's .07% of the world's population. 7% would be more than just the population of NY City, or even NY State..[/quote]

heh heh - outside of NYC, there's not much of a population in the state, its all foothills, mountains and farms...maybe all the rest of the state together it might equal NYC in population..maybe not, the city keeps growing

[quote="KaraS"]Mama Petreli stated that she had a power, but not what it was.[/quote]

I keep waiting for it to be revealed as having something to do with stealing those socks <g>

Big shoe bursting ckicken feet? or at least sock shredding...

[quote="KaraS"]For the record, I think Nathan has some plan to stop the bomb and still become president. Just you watch. He's not ready to sacrifice the population of the city where he lives[/quote]

You could be right, he could be playing possum, waiting to spring to stop Linderman again... but I think, when he talked to Hiro, he was convinced he had no choice.(of course. 10 minutes later he was helping Jessica and DL plot Linderman's death - sweating as he did so) But I dont think he can really hold out till the end, he might try something - he IS supposed to be there, with Peter, telling him he wont leave Peter, as the Sylar/Nathan stalks Peter just before it all goes boom. I think he'll try something ...but will Sylar get to him first? Will we see the real Candice in the end? Michah needs Molly to tell his parents where he is so he can be saved. DL has to survive at least long enough to be Sylar's lunchmeat - but I think, if he's not dead from the bullet, he'll last longer than that. The underdog that wont give up, the one that sees his family safe, that's him.

Matt, of course, when he comes to, can save Molly and stop HRG, and get Mohinder to work with them. Stopping Sylar... I dont see that as a Matt thing. Not in the Good Guy Matt or Bad Guy Matt mode ..
:wink: but, Tim does love to surprise us. Lets see what he springs on us next!

...and...why doesnt that quote thingy work? :?: :P
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Re: so...why doesnt the quote thingy work?

Postby KaraS on Thu May 17, 2007 9:04 pm

[quote="Mreen"]
heh heh - outside of NYC, there's not much of a population in the state, its all foothills, mountains and farms...maybe all the rest of the state together it might equal NYC in population..maybe not, the city keeps growing
[/quote]

Hey! NY State is a lot bigger than just NYC and it's not all farms. I live in Westchester, an area assiciated with NYC but definately not part of it. And though I get heards of deer and flocks of wild turkeys in the yard, it's a fairly thickly settled area (we just have very laid back wildlife...)

But it's a large and diverse state with a lot going for it.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby chryse on Fri May 18, 2007 12:07 am

all bb code on the board is being temporarily disabled to help keep some of the spam less offensive (as in, no pics)

So, convinced a co-worker that Linderman really was dead. He thought it was Candice. ;)
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mreen on Fri May 18, 2007 1:02 pm

Oh, I am speaking purely from an insider's point of view when I make that statement, having grown up in NY, surrounded by dairyfarms and deer, and nowadays, thanks to global warming, annual treks from bears that used to stick to Cananda and the far north of the state, crowded out of their old feeding grounds as the polar bears move south for foraging and all the other bears have to move south get enough for all.

(Its so weird to think of my parents dealing with bears on their porch - mom said it was cute when the mama bear came thru with her two cubs, but after a few years, they are not cute little cubs anymore!)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mreen on Mon May 21, 2007 12:40 am

[quote="chryse"]all bb code on the board is being temporarily disabled to help keep some of the spam less offensive (as in, no pics)

So, convinced a co-worker that Linderman really was dead. He thought it was Candice. ;)[/quote]

LOl- that is cute..because the show does keep you guessing.

My sister and her 11yr old spent the afternoon trying to convince me DL was really really dead, that the camera pan signified his "spirit" leaving the room. I say he's not dead till the next ep starts with him definately dead - you can never tell with this show!

(For instance, I thought Niki/Jessica (before we knew her name) was killed by DL in that ep where he put her hand thru/up her throat and strangled her... I thought we were seeing her body on the floor, tho when I look at it now, she so clearly is just unconcious, I dont know how I thought that <g>)

rats on the bbcode being turned off, but what are you going to do.

(could be worse, for instance, they discovered a gas leak in the foundation of my apartment building so shut off the gas on Friday ... with the idea that in "a couple days" someone would come by to figure out where it was safe to dig to start to look for the problem. So, no gas - which means no stove, no oven, no big deal with my microwave and toaster over,(others less fortunate in that area) but NO HOT WATER HEATER.. so .... lots and lots of people left to stay with friends or hotels to handle the shower issue.. brrrr)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mreen on Tue May 22, 2007 4:32 am

okay - I'm off to bed - but I watched the ep twice and am peering in at the "live blog" as we speak!

Loved the ep ... wish somehow we could have seen [i]someone[/i] walk off with Sylar's watch (as in Ming's gloved hand reaching for the cheesy ring in Flash) but there's only so much tribute you can work with before you suspend reality too far (still dont know how the body/Sylar sneaked off with all those people around.)

I am so looking forward to seeing Sulu .. um, Mr Nakamura's past - the wild warriar that faces off the army, with eclipse timed Hiro fitting right in.

And Charles was on the side of angels after all. I like that. I really do. I hope we see more of him. I guess Nathan is really dead, barring Peter leaving him far behind if he took off on his own somehow, but I'm sure a deranged and battered Peter will show up on somebody's door step some day.. hopefully in Season 2, tho I understand if it takes longer.

Somebody on the blog site speculated that Madame Petrelli was the 'more evil than the boogyman' monster - I love that. I am assuming we will get a whole new character ... probably the someone that was good a generation ago, then turned bad and undid all the good that they had done. *crosses fingers its not Shatner*
Leonard Nimoy would be cool, if someone could convince him to get on tV again. (Possibly not)

I thought Chris was going to appear, as having knocked out the hyperventilating Peter, standing above with a big pole in his hand, but I guess not. I hope he makes it back again tho! Maybe a flash back (I mean, Volume 2 is called Generations, surely most of it is in the past) will show who he hid, and how it relates to what they did back then. Maybe that person will rescue Claire someday in a bizarre turn around...

Maybe we'll see grown up Micah and Molly in their future too

btw- Niki's kick ass attack on Sylar was great wasnt it? Peter should have just let her finish the job - tho I saw he moved himself close to her to absorb her powers ...still, Sylar didnt go flying across the courtyard with the punch, so its not really the same.

And yes, they do love the red spiral staircase, and love to film it with a hero standing at each slash point where it would be on the genome symbol... to be explained as 'godsend/great power' that Hiro brings back with him, I assume, and then spreads around the world.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mreen on Tue May 22, 2007 4:33 am

okay - I'm off to bed - but I watched the ep twice and am peering in at the "live blog" as we speak!

Loved the ep ... wish somehow we could have seen [i]someone[/i] walk off with Sylar's watch (as in Ming's gloved hand reaching for the cheesy ring in Flash) but there's only so much tribute you can work with before you suspend reality too far (still dont know how the body/Sylar sneaked off with all those people around.)

I am so looking forward to seeing Sulu .. um, Mr Nakamura's past - the wild warriar that faces off the army, with eclipse timed Hiro fitting right in.

And Charles was on the side of angels after all. I like that. I really do. I hope we see more of him. I guess Nathan is really dead, barring Peter leaving him far behind if he took off on his own somehow, but I'm sure a deranged and battered Peter will show up on somebody's door step some day.. hopefully in Season 2, tho I understand if it takes longer.

Somebody on the blog site speculated that Madame Petrelli was the 'more evil than the boogyman' monster - I love that. I am assuming we will get a whole new character ... probably the someone that was good a generation ago, then turned bad and undid all the good that they had done. *crosses fingers its not Shatner*
Leonard Nimoy would be cool, if someone could convince him to get on tV again. (Possibly not)

I thought Chris was going to appear, as having knocked out the hyperventilating Peter, standing above with a big pole in his hand, but I guess not. I hope he makes it back again tho! Maybe a flash back (I mean, Volume 2 is called Generations, surely most of it is in the past) will show who he hid, and how it relates to what they did back then. Maybe that person will rescue Claire someday in a bizarre turn around...

Maybe we'll see grown up Micah and Molly in their future too

btw- Niki's kick ass attack on Sylar was great wasnt it? Peter should have just let her finish the job - tho I saw he moved himself close to her to absorb her powers ...still, Sylar didnt go flying across the courtyard with the punch, so its not really the same.

And yes, they do love the red spiral staircase, and love to film it with a hero standing at each slash point where it would be on the genome symbol... to be explained as 'godsend/great power' that Hiro brings back with him, I assume, and then spreads around the world.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Tue May 22, 2007 12:37 pm

Of course, since Nathan's ability to fly was one of the first powers Peter absorbed, he could have flown off on his own. But I guess he needed Nathan's emotional support more than his actual flying power. Still, Peter could have thought of that half way up and flown the rest of the way by himself so Nathan may still be alive. Let's hope so.

Mama Petereli's gonna be pissed. Somehow, she's someone I don't think you want to have mad at you.

And we finally get the meaning of the eclipse we have been looking at all season.

Of course Sylar's still alive. This is a comic book. How many villians survive certain death to come back and bedevil their heroic nemesis again? Well, most of them have at one point or another. Sylar will be back.

I'm sure DL and Candice will recover. The only one I'm really worried about is Parkman.
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows