OFFICIAL Battlestar Gallactica

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Emeraldcity on Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:36 pm

Sci fi is running a BSG marathon on Thursday! :D :D Now I can get all caught up before Friday! :D :D
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

getting caught up

Postby ShalakoTato on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:06 am

I finally got caught up this week on Battlestar and Atlantis. Left the country before the Season enders and my friend who tapes stuff for me, didn't tape them. So after all these months, I finally saw them and I'm ready for tonight!
ShalakoTato
Delvian Pa'u

my bad

Postby ShalakoTato on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:26 am

Just realized: "Pegasus" wasn't really the season finale, was it? Anyway, I think it's the best episode yet, although I found it very dark and disturbing, obviously.

Blackadder, I started reading your spoilers (I thought I wanted to know); but stopped after the first one. I guess I still want to be shocked and awed! :) Although I figure TPTB won't kill off the Chief and Helo; not yet anyway.
ShalakoTato
Delvian Pa'u

Postby BlackAdder on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:40 am

Finally I get to make a non-spoilery post for BSG.

Although I was a bit angry with Moore for deciding to go with the two episode approach to the resolution of the Pegagus story I have to admit that it was needed.

Gina (prisoner on Pegagus), covered in wounds and begging for a real death was honestly horrifying in a touching way. Wow, did they ever luck out in finding a super model that can actually act also.

Cain came off as being thisclose to being the monster under the bed and that surprised me slightly because sides I read did indicate all that was shown, but somehow Michelle Forbes (Cain) made her even more terrifying.

Laura (thinking she had only weeks to live and terrified of what this woman would do to the civilian fleet) really brought on the power - it was so shocking to hear her say "She has to die." and breaking the news to Adama that he'd bettter watch his back a great deal because she was certain that Cain would have him killed (and she isn't wrong either given Cain's plan).

Lee demoted and Kara promoted - and it all felt sinister on the part of Cain. Fisk, her XO brought the "Okay, now I'm seriously creeped out because this is not bothering you much." and that was an order to have Marines slaughter all of Galatica's CIC! "Starting with Adama" gave me the chills.

Helo is just too darned good looking to die but I felt very sad for hiim when he admitted that he wished he could let go of of his love for Sharon. That many aspects bothered him and that he supported the Chief in letting go ...and it didn't seem like some plan to have Sharon all to himself because I think Helo understands that the likelihood of his ever being allowed to be close to Sharon again physically is very low.

I loved the look the Chief gave him when he said "Wow, you really do love her." because it was part are you nuts?[/;i] and part [i]wow, you're willing to live a celibate, lonely life for the sake of a Cylon in the brig? Amazing.

Spoilers to follow so stop reading NOW if you don't wish to be spoiled.
As incredible, shocking and hardcore as "Shoot her in the head." and Kara's reaction to that in regards to Cain - it is actually Gina that kills Cain. Kara isn't a cold blooded murderer. Lee evidently plays a big part in freeing Helo and the Chief, but not before they are beaten pretty badly beforehand.

In a weird "Uh oh, what does it mean?" thing that may mean absolutely nothing - Tamoh Penikett, who plays Helo is listed as part of the main cast now, as is the girl that plays Dee.

Aaron Douglas, who plays the Chief is still listed as a recurring character. However, IMBD is notorious for false information amd the credits on the show do not reflect a change in contract status. Meaning, this does not necessarily mean that Helo will live or that the Chief will die.
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

Tyrol and Helo

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:20 pm

I'm not sure it'll be as easy for Tyrol to let go of Sharon as he hopes it will.

On the other hand it point out he major difference between his and Helos relationships with her. Tryol saw his Sharon die, while Helo is having a baby with his. So their different emotional positions makes sense, but I expect it'll more complicated for both of them as her pregnancy advances.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby KaraS on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:24 pm

Well, THAT was a cliffhanger and no mistake. What do you think will happen next?
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby mattwillal on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:48 am

KaraS wrote:What do you think will happen next?

Apart from Season Three, it would appear that we may have something else about which to speculate in the future;

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=35773

Reactions, opinions, thoughts?

As far as I'm concerned, so long as Ronald D. Moore and David Eick are involved, I'll be along for the ride.
If there be blood on my sword, let it be my own.
mattwillal
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby BlackAdder on Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:09 pm

Well I'm excited in a cautious way. After all, the new BSG really caught me because of the cast and the

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Carpica spinoff could be really interesting. After all, I've wondered about the first war, and life on the Colonies before this, it has great potential.

At the moment though I'm a bit het up over an uncomfirmed (seriously, can't get confirmation on this but if it's true, oh dear)
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Episode five, entitled Torn as of this posting contains what I've been dreading. I tend to latch onto one character really emotionally and so this bit of possible gossip/possible foiler (if only it didn't fit the darned title so wel) has me cringing. I came back to edit in the source for this - some fan claimed that Tahmoh Penikett told her that he was headed back from a convention to film this. This seemed odd because Tahmoh isn't a spoiler spiller at all. However, there were other reports that backed this up. I still stort of doubt it's validity but it's being pretty hotly debated.

Helo finds out that Hera is alive. That's the head scratching "Really, Tahmoh said that?" piece of news. But here's the logic behind that possible "slip" because there is a long break in between seasons it is possible (not confirmed) that actors have been enouraged to "slip" the occasional teaser.

No word whatsover on the status of his relationship with Sharon (it still exists but not sure in what form, my source is leaning towards tentative friendship and nothing else) - he doesn't take the news well according to this report. Now keep in mind that this really hasn't been locked down as a spoiler but it looks like Helo has to make a decision about whether to choose his loyalty (strained) to the crew of Galatica over his remaining loyalty to Sharon. Not remaining romance, remaining loyalty. There's nothing solid on the romance between the two at all. It's all very early though and the whispers of "He truly becomes a traitor" are jus that, whispers and speculation.

Oh, the good spoilers are that Lee is well out of his fat suit by then (poor Bamber had to spend four hours in makeup to don that thing which honestly doesn't give as dramatic an impact as you'd think seeing as it is supposed to add all of twenty pounds to his very lean frame) - The BSG set is being very closed mouth about most things.

Caprica Six is still mightly in love with Baltar but his affections may have been transferred to the now dead and crazy to boot Gina.

Kara/Starbuck has a rip-her-heart out kind of storyline no matter how you look at it.

No absolute confirmation on the Cylon that will be permanently killed/boxed except for this - it isn't Sharon (the caged one on Galatica). Grace Park enjoys acting with Tahmoh and their storyline will continue in some form or fashion.

Not to be crass here or anything but spoiler sources are going up the wall because there are conflicting reports at present as to what actually happens and what doesn't. Best bet for the boxed Cylon is Lucy Lawless's Number Three who tries to become a leader.

Although, I've also heard that it is Stockwell's model in all forms or sadly, Leoben's due to the actor's availability. My money's on Lucy though.
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

Postby BlackAdder on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:34 pm

P
O
S
S
I
B
L
E
C
O
F
I
R
M
A
T
I
O
N

Okay, Lee and Dee are married as the season begins. That's a locked up spoiler, from many sources, including Bamber himself.

But at least one person from Galatica dies. Anders is pretty much a right off as the actor only signed for three episodes. But sadly, it looks like Anders is not the only spouse to bite it. A Cylon is permanently boxed and Caprica Six is actually the lead candiate as of now. That doesn't mean Head Six goes away but Six looks to be taken out. Possibly by Helo's Sharon (no confirmation, just piecing through some clips) but the shipmate that is mostly likely to die is Dee.

That's a pity because she brought a lot to her performance, it's just that fans hated, and I do mean hated her relationship with Apollo. I wish I could get a solid lock on this but I can't. IMDB is being terribly unhelpful and shooting scripts (oops, double pun) are really scarce (and often are altered in final editing anyway).

The other possibility is the ever scheming Ellen Tigh (donw on "new Caprica") but I swear, most fans would cheer. Speculation is that she tries to swing better living conditions for herself and her husband by spying, and ends up dead for her coniving ways. This one I frankly don't get, yes, she was aboard Galatica but I wouldn't call her part of the crew.

But it fits with several things. The projects the actress is listed in being involved with and a way to keep Tigh from taking back his XO job immediately (Helo is the XO for now) . Crew death is early on third or fith episode.
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

Postby BlackAdder on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:39 pm

Quick post. If you wish to remain completely unspoiled then do not read my prior posts. However, they have been shaking things up so much that at this point, we're hard pressed to figure out what will actually happen.

Oh, hold on, I'll go grab the promo clip. It's a bit spoilery but it's a great promo and when I say a bit, I do mean just a bit. It's worth a watch and shoudl get BSG fans pscyhed for October :)

Edit - For those of us without iPod here it is, the best resolution and sound quality version of the promo I can find on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_ccvhY5-I
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

Postby KaraS on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:21 pm

Ok, who saw last night's ep?

I thought the part with Tyrol and Callie traped in the airlock was good. But thepart with Adama having visions of his dead wife was dull. We have that kind of thing with Baltar and Six. We don't need to have Adama getting commentary from imaginary people too.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:56 pm

BSG jumps around so much!

I must have missed whatever was wrong with Hera when she was on the Cylon ship with a hard belly and Caprica Sharon let Helo kill her so she'd get back to the cylon ship to rescue her. Did they ever decide what was wrong.-------because now she is threatened with the bug the Sagaterrians have.

But no, the next week, no more mention of the Sagittereans and their illness.Did they all die or did they accept the medicine---because now we have the Chief and Callie in the airlock

I like a plot that answers the questions it plays so big one week---and doesn't just ignore them--reset mode.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:41 pm

No replies???????

Now we have Starbuck-----what? The swirly symbol(mandella) in the temple, she's been painting for years. Anyone remember it on the walls of where she was imprisoned on Caprica?? Not me either.

I find this show utterly confusing.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby OssianMacCoul on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:14 am

To be honest I think the new BSG show is cr*p, the pilot/movie was ok and it could have had great potential but the series quickly went downhill after a few epiosdes, and now it's completely dull and depressing without any sort of coherent storyline. I tried to tell the people over at watchfarscape what kind of a dull incoherent show it was but their mod Waltsgirl turned into one of those rabid KaraThrace-fanatics and now makes threats to ban anyone who knocks her be-loved show. I might give this show a proper review on this site, but the show is so dull/incoherent I really need not bother myself.
OssianMacCoul
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby chryse on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:35 am

Ossian, you're not alone. After season 1, I couldn't stand to watch it anymore. So I generally stay out of threads discussing it. I don't blame the actors, I blame the writers. I honestly think they have no idea what they are doing. Such a shame to see the potential of the show wasted like that.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows