Any Other Similar Shows

Talk about any show under the sun, genre or not.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Any Other Similar Shows

Postby jot on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:31 pm

I finished watching the four seasons of farscape and the PKW. This series is incredible.

I'm new to these sci fi shows. Are there any other shows that are simiar to farscape that I can start watcing.
jot
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby SunKrux on Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:43 pm

Welcome to the forums. :D Glad you like FS. As for the recommendations...that will vary from fan to fan.

Since you are asking about other similar scifi shows, I am going to move this post to the Other Shows forum. :D

Show are that are still on air that I like:

Stargate: SG1

The NEW Dr. Who - for me, the closest to the quality that FS is. :)

Shows that are no longer being produced but possibly on air in syndication and most definately available on DVD:

Star Trek: The Next Generation (it's not as good as FS imho, but it's still a good show to watch)

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby HolyGhost on Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Theres a lot of other great shows out there. Heres someone i like to recomend: Battlestar Galactica ( the new series ), Firefly ( and the movie Serenity ), Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. Enjoi :)
HolyGhost
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mad on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:50 pm

I agree ,firefly with to farscape the have been the show more beautiful and originates. It is not a case that is the best pens!!!

I judge instead stargate sg1 one show only discreet ,nothing of exceptional.

Stargate atlantis is truly ugly ,worse is only Andromeda...... :x

Battlestar galactica , I have not seen it.

You counsel instead INVASION,also being does not originate them ,is one good show, sin is lasted only one season....

MAD of love....farscape
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Re: Any Other Similar Shows

Postby Firecracker on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Doctor Who (the ninth and tenth Doctors)
Firefly
Babylon 5 (after the first season)

Hope that helps. :)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mreen on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:37 pm

Blake's 7, an old series from 1979-1983 in the UK, with really really bad special effects (they used to borrow props and exchange them with Doctor Who, who's budget was somewhat less than the average soap opera in the UK at the time- so cardboard sets, telephone cords and flashing lights were the cornerstone of the visual medium) ..but was incredibly well written. They took the idea they could compete with scifi around the world with their pens and good actors, and ran with it.

If you're willing to forego the amazing sfx of Farscape, I would highly recommend the show. The characters grow and change, come and go, and when Farscape hit it's stride, it was often the only show I could compare it to. While highly different in nature, goals and characters, they both had the idea of letting people wander in space without uniforms, without conformity or unified goals, but rather operate as a dysfunctional family and having stories that embraced the idea "This is anarchy. And today, it's my day to rule!"
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby sleeper on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:17 pm

I wished they could redo Blake's 7. It is such a good story.
sleeper
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mreen on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 am

They did, last year, in audio format.

You can still catch the final ep (it was a three part reimagining) on BBC7 listen again feature, for a few more days. They aired http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00j6285 Down and Safe: A Blake's 7 Celebration, a three hour special, containing 3 eps of Blake's 7- first an older audio ep made with much of the original cast that takes place apparently, during season 4,The Syndeton Experiment then a prequel ep, How Villa Met Gan, then they air part 3 of the newest series (originally aired Jan 2008) Liberator

The host is a big fan and doesnt give away the season 4 finale in case you havent got that far.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mreen on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:35 am

weird, I walked away, and when I came back, half hour, or or hour later, this still hadnt posted but 'saved' was colored in like it was trying to do so. I hit submit and it posted ...but hours later, I come back and see that it's a double post!

Internet is slow tonight <G>
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby OssianMacCoul on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:23 am

wiki

Defiance is an American science fiction television series developed by Rockne S. O'Bannon, Kevin Murphy, and Michael Taylor. The series is produced by Universal Cable Productions, in transmedia collaboration with Trion Worlds, who have released an MMORPG video game of the same name which is tied in to the series.

The show takes place in the future on a radically transformed Earth containing new species, some having arrived from space, many others the result of contamination by Votan terraforming technology, which has transformed native flora and fauna in unforeseen ways. As the series opens, Joshua Nolan (Grant Bowler) works as the local sheriff, or Lawkeeper, for the town of Defiance, a community where humans and intelligent extraterrestrial species coexist. The show follows Nolan, his adopted alien daughter Irisa (Stephanie Leonidas), and the town's new mayor, Amanda Rosewater (Julie Benz)
'They have worlds out there, people that you wouldn't believe. But they do not have chocolate.'
OssianMacCoul
Peacekeeper Commander

Return to Other Shows