Farscape on Blu-Ray

Discuss any and all Farscape merchandise.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Farscape on Blu-Ray

Postby Firecracker on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:21 pm

It looks like Sony might finally be moving on re-releasing Farscape.

There is a vague listing at both Target & Amazon for a Blu-ray Farscape release. There's no date or any other information, it just says "Farscape (1999 TVseries) [Blu-ray] (1999)". Of course, should this happen we will need a Blu-ray DVD Player to play the darn thing. (Typical) But it does sorta look as though the people at Sony are at least thinking about re-releasing Season 1.

In addition, it is possible to sign up for notification when the product becomes available (which I did).

I am taking this as a good sign. :D
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Re: Farscape on Blu-Ray

Postby cthulhu on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:02 pm

well, that would be absolutely fantastic. i would so much enjoy farscape in high definition and it would feel so good to watch it again but in a new way.
the question is, how the apect ratio of the first 3 season will come out on a big screen, because i think they were filmed in 1:33.
if there is a chance of a whole new transfer to make somehow to widescreen i would pay a lot of money just to have it!!
farscape always looked exceptionally good on dvd and a hd version would look so much better. i only can recommend the new system though it may cost still too much nowadays. but prices will fall. and you can also enjoy your old dvds in a better look...

i hope when they do it they plan to release all seasons and not just season 1!!
cthulhu
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: Farscape on Blu-Ray

Postby frenchkissing on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 am

Farascape is really good. My friend just sent me a series of farscape 1-4 box set DVDs as present. I can enjoy home. :lol:
frenchkissing
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to Merchandise