New book! Investigating Farscape, by Jes Battis

Discuss any and all Farscape merchandise.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

New book! Investigating Farscape, by Jes Battis

Postby spocks2 on Mon May 28, 2007 4:41 am

Apparently this is already available in the UK, with pre-orders available in North America through amazon.com/ca.

[b]Investigating Farscape: Uncharted Territories of Sex and Science Fiction [/b]

Synopsis:

"My name is John Crichton. 'I'm lost'. An astronaut. Shot through a wormhole. In some distant part of the universe. 'I'm trying to stay alive'. Aboard this ship. 'This living ship'. Of escaped prisoners." During its fourth and - for the present - final season, "Farscape" was the Sci-Fi Channel's highest rated original series. With its dedicated fan-base, "Farscape" seasons are still top-billing Sci-Fi DVDs. This first proper analysis of the show, written by a scholar-fan, uncovers "Farscape's" layers and those of the living spaceship Moya. Jes Battis proposes that "Farscape" is as much about bodies, sex and gender, as it is about wormholes, space ships and interstellar warfare. It is this straddling of genres that makes the show so viewable to such a broad audience, of which almost half are women. He explores "Farscape's" language and characters, including Moya, its creation of 'family and home', of masculinity and femininity, and the transformation of an all-American boy.

And a review:

Farscape is a rich, varied and complex show, and far easier to dissect and discuss now that the show is completed, which makes this book ESSENTIAL for any Farscape fan.

The scope and detail of the piece is incredibly impressive, the passion the author has for the material is infectious, and the way in which he sucks you into his analytical world of the Moyans is intoxicating. And like all good unoffical Farscape books, it forces you to see things in the episodes that you hadn't seen before.

But this isn't JUST a fan book - it's something much more, and hopefully the first of many. GET IT.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farscape-Unchar ... 811&sr=1-1
spocks2
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby AERYNSUN on Mon May 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Thank you very much for the information, spocks2, O've alñready ordered it. It looks very very interestingand amazing.

when I got, and read it, I will say my opinion, but I'm sure is like the show, WONDERFUL!!
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby littlejamie on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:16 am

I'm going to try and find it in the stores here. I was able to find the other book farscape forever sex, drugs and killer puppets in chapters close to where I live.

Much easier than amazon.com I think.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby AERYNSUN on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:58 pm

I got it from amazon.co.uk. It's very easy too. Not faster, but easy.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:14 pm

[quote="AERYNSUN"]I got it from amazon.co.uk. It's very easy too. Not faster, but easy.[/quote]

I ordered mine from Amazon.ca. [url=http://www.amazon.ca/Farscape-Jes-Battis/dp/184511342X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/701-3230465-7982757?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183039994&sr=8-2]Amazon.ca[/url]. I seldom find the books I want at the store so it is handy that I can pre-order on line. I even pre-ordered Harry Potter (although that one will for sure be in the store). :)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:28 am

I know It would be easier to pre order the book. Instead of looking for it in the stores.

If I can avoid using a credit card I will. If in the end I have to buy it online then so be it.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby AERYNSUN on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:13 pm

Well, I have no other coice than buying Farscape things online because I live in a country where all that Farscape stuff can not be found in sotres. I can't understand why because for example a tv show that lasts only one season, for example, you can find the dvd collection in the stores, even if this show has not been as successfull as expected.

I will never understand that.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby littlejamie on Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:33 am

It's the same here where I live.

DVD's are impossible to find. However books are easier to find in the stores.
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Return to Merchandise