DVD episode numbers

Discuss any and all Farscape merchandise.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

DVD episode numbers

Postby Valhach on Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:27 am

First, let me apologize for asking because I'm sure this is a repeat, but I did a search and didn't find anything.

Anyway, what is up with the numbering of the episodes on the disks? I haven't seen this show since it aired and I'm gonna rent from netflix, but the eps are all screwed up. I read somewhere that the numbering is just wrong and that the eps are all actually in order.

Just wondering if I have to be creative in my ordering from netflix or if I can just order disk 1, 2, etc.

And either way it is, how could professionals screw up marketing like that to make it so confusing. :?
Valhach
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: DVD episode numbers

Postby SunKrux on Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:34 am

Valhach wrote:First, let me apologize for asking because I'm sure this is a repeat, but I did a search and didn't find anything.

Anyway, what is up with the numbering of the episodes on the disks? I haven't seen this show since it aired and I'm gonna rent from netflix, but the eps are all screwed up. I read somewhere that the numbering is just wrong and that the eps are all actually in order.

Just wondering if I have to be creative in my ordering from netflix or if I can just order disk 1, 2, etc.

And either way it is, how could professionals screw up marketing like that to make it so confusing. :?

If I'm not mistaken, it's a Netflix thing, not the way the DVDs were actually released to the general public. If you want more info I suggest you check out the ADV threads around here for a link to the ADV site. ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby BrentBarrett on Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:42 am

Ordering them from NetFlix in orer should be fine. The DVDs do a pretty good job of getting them in the intended airing order (which isn't how SciFi Channel in the U.S. aired the first season, BTW). The only discs that ADV screwed up in the last two for season two. They put ACN and DMD on the next to last disc and then all three parts of LG&M on the final disc. They didn't make that stupid mistake for S3 or S4.

So I'd just make sure not to watch DMD (the second episode on S2's next to last disc) before you see the final S2 disc and all should be fine. :)
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby SunKrux on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:21 pm

Mreen explains some of the issues with the BOXED sets (I purchased the eps as they came out individually and they were in order).

Mreen's post - Note to the total newbie question. Please check it out and respond here. Thanks. :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby RachVG on Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:35 am

*waves* I have a question which is sort of like this, so I don't want to start a new thread, though the question isn't the same.

I'm going to Starfury's Serenity con in September and decided I should watch something with Gigi in, but wanted to start at the beginning :D

From what I gather, the Starburst edition have the episodes in order, right? (Season one, I mean - read the stuff about S2 being wrong) And this wasn't the *aired* order (which I found on an episode guide site).

So I signed up for a DVD rental place, like Netflix but English, and they're sending me the DVDs which we have here in the UK, which is season 1 split into 10 discs. My first disc came today, but the episodes aren't remotely in *either* the aired order, OR the Starburst order, and I'm so confused!

The UK episodes appear to be in this order:

Premiere
Throne for a Loss
I, ET
Back and Back and Back to the Future
Exodus from Genesis

The first disc that came only has Premiere and Throne for a Loss on it, and I'm guessing that's not the correct order because I seemed to be missing a lot from one episode to the next. So basically... anyone got any idea WHY they're in such a random order? Two of the episodes in the middle are switched, too, but the rest are right. And season 2 is right, too. *confused*

Because I think if I find myself with enough money to buy it, the Starburst DVDs sound like they make the most sense, order wise, is that right? I have a multiregion player so that wouldn't be an issue.
RachVG
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Emram on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:51 pm

That seems to be the order they were aired in in the UK - throne for a loss was defintitely second, although it was supposed to be I, ET.
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Return to Merchandise