Farscape Virtual Season 5 Returns!!! :D (Last ep now online)

Post and discuss anything fan-created, from fiction to music videos to websites.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Farscape Virtual Season 5 Returns!!! :D (Last ep now online)

Postby SETI_fan on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:34 pm

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pride (and more than a little relief) that I announce we will start posting the latter half of the virtual fifth season of Farscape sometime next week. While we don't have an exact date set yet (getting cocky seems to lead to disaster with this project...), anyone still interested in reading it can rest assured the story will resume in a matter of days, not weeks or months.

"Virtual what?" some of you may ask, and I don't blame you. Several years ago, a project was started to write up a fifth season of Farscape in the form of half-script/half-fic episodes, complete with pictures by the ever talented Scorpsik :bows: and even some snippets of music for the closest we could offer to the real deal. The project ultimately ballooned out into a way bigger challenge than any of us expected, beset with a myriad of complications (including a cursed 13th episode now dubbed "12b" instead) which made it so that it took longer to produce this virtual season than a real season of the show would have taken. ;) The first half of the season was posted successfully in weekly updates back in 2005, but the second half kept being pushed back so that what was meant as a mid-season hiatus has lasted well over a year. In short, everything went very Farscape. ;D We heartily apologize for the inconvenience and any confusion caused, but we've done the best we can to make up for it.

So, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure you're not alone. But if you're interested in seeing what we've done or vaguely remember such a thing and would like to refresh your memory in time for the new season, please check out our website where all the existing episodes are archived:

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... delist.htm

Each new episode will be released week by week like a real TV show. All of us in the writing, art, editing, and other production roles really hope you enjoy it. We've worked hard and I give huge props to Mars, Midge, CactusWoman, JD, Sandworm, and all the other hard-workers who have kept this project going when it could have faded away. And a massive THANK YOU to any and all readers who still remember us out there and have prodded us asking for new episodes. We hope they were worth the wait.

So, that's the story. New episodes are on your way soon. I'll...get back to you with the details. :)

Seti
Writer, VS5
[/img]
Last edited by SETI_fan on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby SETI_fan on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:07 pm

Little update to go with this. Apparently the new episodes will not be posted once a week, but instead as quickly as the writers can get them ready to go online (i.e. once every few days, or maybe even more than one a day, depending). So, if you hate cliffhangers, all the better for you. :) More on this as it comes to pass.

Seti
CBOOL #1385
Co-Moderator of the Cosmic Cheerleaders of Sci-Fi and Fantasy
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby SETI_fan on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, may I proudly present to you episode 11 of the virtual fifth season of Farscape, "Epidemic Proportions Part 1: Blast From the Past" by the very talented kamiikiteiru, featuring the art of the also very talented Scorpsik!

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... 3/v511.htm

And if you want to get caught up on previous episodes, they're all posted and available through the same site. Just click on "Episode List" from the homepage here:

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... /index.htm

As new episodes get put online, we'll be adding links to this thread (with an update alert in the title). Oh, and, as with all fics, feedback is hugely appreciated. :)

Thank you for your patience and your interest! We really hope these episodes have been worth the wait!

-The VS5 team
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby SETI_fan on Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Episode 12 is now online! Follow this link to read "Epidemic Proportions Part 2: And So the Sky Darkens" by the very talented JD, as always featuring the art of the very talented Scorpsik and also music by the very talented Feeve. Enjoy!

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... 3/v512.htm
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby SETI_fan on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:58 am

Episode 13 (a.k.a. Episode 12b, a.k.a. The Cursed Episode) is now online. Follow the link to read "The Thing About the Truth Is...", story by the very talented JD, written by the equally talented CactusWoman. Featuring, as always, the art of the again very talented Scorpsik. Enjoy!

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... /v512b.htm
CBOOL #1385
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby Midge on Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:53 pm

Episode 14, Happy Birthday, Dear Dominar is now available in its correct format.

Our sincere apologies to anyone who has tried to read it in the last week or so and found the format had gone loopy! For some reason it displayed differently on Internet Explorer to Firefox, and the web 'master' team went on holiday without realising!

:oops: Humbly begging everyone's forgiveness.

Midge and Mark
Farscape Virtual Season 5 is back.

The war may be over, but the story continues.
www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Midge
Delvian Pa'u

VS5 relaunch - episode 18

Postby Midge on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:02 pm

Hiya everyone.

In case you are interested, all Farscape Virtual Season 5 episodes up and including episode 18 "THE PRICE OF PEACE" written by CactusWoman, illustrated by ScorpSik and JD.

If this idea peaks your interest pop over and read episode 18.

"John insists on taking Aeryn to a doctor to see if she’s been in any way brain-damaged by the transponder and find themselves in the middle of another battle – but one with a big difference."
Last edited by Midge on Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midge
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SETI_fan on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:32 am

*Huge shame* :oops:

I hadn't realized how far behind I'd gotten posting here. Please forgive me!

As Midge said, we're up to episode 18 now on the site. Here's all the ones since ep 14:

8/4/07 -- Episode 15 now online! Follow the link to read "The Joker and the Thief" by the very talented Kheldrion Dawn, with the art of the very talented Scorpsik. Enjoy!

Summary: John persuades Chiana to go on a fun shopping trip with him and later wishes he hadn’t when things go horribly wrong.

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... /index.htm

8/14/07 -- Episode 16 is now online! Follow the link to read "Ball Park -- Go Figure", story by the very talented Pilotscrazysis, written by the very talented Mars, and as always, illustrated by the very talented Scorpsik. Enjoy!

Summary: Pilot has set up a very important meeting for Moya. She is being inspected by the Rodolons, the peace envoy species who will say whether she can fulfill her ambition to be a peace ship. Pilot plans everything down to the last detail, sure that for once the plan won’t get Crichtoned. He should have known better.

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... 4/v516.htm

8/21/07 -- Episode 17 is now online! Follow the link to read "Rebirthing Pangs: What's Old is Skewed", story by the very talented Hybridbabe, written by Cactuswoman, Mars, and Luis, and again, illustrated by the very talented Scorpsik. Enjoy!

Summary: A fun game of hide and seek turns Farscape when Moya goes searching for the leviathan who sent her a desperate plea for help.

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... 4/v517.htm

Ep 18, "The Price of Peace" is now up. Summary in Midge's post above.

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... 4/v518.htm

Enjoy! My apologies again! I'll try to be better in the future about keeping up.

Seti
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby phily_rules on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:46 am

WHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Been a while since I hung around here! Glad to see y'all back up and running again, looking good!

Still making my way through all the updates, will write more later (hopefully!)

See y'all around!

Phily
.... and you boogied like a minx on crack!
phily_rules
Luxan Warrior

Re: VS5 relaunch - episode 18

Postby Midge on Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:59 pm

Midge wrote:Hiya everyone.

In case you are interested, all Farscape Virtual Season 5 episodes up and including episode 18 "THE PRICE OF PEACE" written by CactusWoman, illustrated by ScorpSik and JD.

If this idea peaks your interest pop over and read episode 18.

"John insists on taking Aeryn to a doctor to see if she’s been in any way brain-damaged by the transponder and find themselves in the middle of another battle – but one with a big difference."

Oops! Another case of the VS5 gremlins getting in the works here:
Episode 18 is in fact called "Why Don't They Fight?" The Price of Peace was its working title and somehow got into the final version. Credits remain the same.

Apologies to anyone who noticed the discrepancy between the title in the cover art and the title on web pages. :oops:

Midge
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SETI_fan on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Episode 19 is now online! Follow the link to read A Real Peacekeeper by me, SETI_fan, illustrated as always by the very talented Scorpsik. Enjoy!

Summary: Aeryn is recalled to active duty and Rygel has to use all of his skills not to become the Skarkmor’s next meal.

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... 4/v519.htm

(((((Phily)))))!!!! Long time, no see, girl! I hope all's well in your world! Take care and enjoy the episodes! I hope you like what we've done with them.

Seti
CBOOL #1385
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby SETI_fan on Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:18 pm

Episode 20 is now online! Follow the link below to read "Brave Old World", story by the very talented Kheldrion Dawn, written by the very talented (and as you can guess by now, exhaustingly dedicated!) Mars, art as always by the very talented Scorpsik.

Summary: Meelak decides that if Chiana is going to be cured, they have to take her to Nebari Prime no matter how dangerous it is.

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5eps5/

We're almost to the season finale! Big thank yous to all of you who have stuck with us thus far! I hope it's been worth the ride and you enjoy the rollercoaster to the finale!

Seti
CBOOL #1385
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby Midge on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:13 pm

At last on their way to Hyneria, the crew encounter a colony in desperate need of help. Moya, as a newly anointed ‘Peace ship’ is eager to step in but will her efforts and that of the crew be enough to satisfy the pioneers and their ultimate aims?

Want to know more? Check out episode 21 The Pioneers Part One - Worlds Lost across on the Farscape Virtual Season 5 website.
Written by Cactuswoman this is first half of our season finale.

Thank you for taking the time to read our efforts and remember all reviews are welcome.

Midge
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SETI_fan on Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Full info on ep 21.

Follow the link to read The Pioneers Part 1 - Worlds Lost by the very talented CactusWoman, featuring the art of the very talented Scorpsik and music by the very talented Feeve.

Summary: At last on their way to Hyneria, the crew encounter a colony in desperate need of help. Moya, as a newly anointed 'Peace Ship' is eager to step in but will her efforts and that of the crew be enough to satisfy the pioneers and their ultimate aims?

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... 5/v521.htm

One episode left! Thank you to everyone who's stuck around for the ride! I hope it's been fun!
CBOOL #1385
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Postby SETI_fan on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:23 pm

Episode 22, the final episode, is now online! Follow the link to read "The Pioneers Part 2 - What's Lost is Found" by the very talented CactusWoman, art, as always, but the very talented Scorpsik, music by the very talented Feeve.

Summary: With the thought of a more long term arrangement with the Nolist Pioneers, the crew and Moya sets about organizing the new contingent and settling them in. When a supply shortage forces them to seek a new resource, the Nolist may not see the path to their salvation the same way the crew does. Skara's loyalties hang in the balance.

http://www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtual ... 5/v522.htm

Thank you all so much for your time, patience, and commitment to this story. On behalf of all of our writers and creative collaborators, we hope you enjoyed the journey and are grateful for all the kind words over the years (yes, years). It helped keep us going. Enjoy this last episode!

-- The VS5 team
CBOOL #1385
SETI_fan
Luxan Warrior

Return to Fan Creativity