Tattoo

Post and discuss anything fan-created, from fiction to music videos to websites.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Tattoo

Postby Allara on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:33 am

Farscape tattoo.
I need a second tattoo and I love Farscape. I love it.
So I'm trying to think of a Farscape tattoo.
Kind of subtle. I don't plan on getting D'Argo's face on my back or anything. Maybe MOYA written inside a ship or something, no idea. Any suggestions?
Knowing is nothing. Imagining is everything.
Allara
Peacekeeper Commander

Re: Tattoo

Postby Firecracker on Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:35 pm

Allara wrote:Farscape tattoo.
I need a second tattoo and I love Farscape. I love it.
So I'm trying to think of a Farscape tattoo.
Kind of subtle. I don't plan on getting D'Argo's face on my back or anything. Maybe MOYA written inside a ship or something, no idea. Any suggestions?

I like the idea of Moya sliding through space. With the word Farscape ,with the S looking like a starburst, underneath. But this is your tattoo. You should chose.

Or you could use the words "Share the Wonders" and FarScape?

I dunno.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby SunKrux on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:19 pm

I recommend you think long and hard about having something FS related in tattoo form. You'll be stuck with it forever, unless you can afford to have it lasered out or covered over if you decide later on you don't like it. Just a suggestion. ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Allara on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:14 am

Yeah, of course. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what I wanted my first tattoo to be because I was deathly afraid of regretting it in the future. It's been five years since I put my Phantom of the Opera mask on my right shoulder and it has just made me want to be more daring. Tattoo's are personal. They have meaning to you that nobody else could ever understand but for somebody like me I could never imagine looking back and saying, "I wish I hadn't of done that." No way. The reason you get a tattoo when you get a tattoo is because you're inspired to- it means something to you. I've been contemplating a Farscape-related one for quite some time, just haven't had any incredible bursts of creativity. So, yeah, if anybody thinks of some great ideas- let me know. :)
Allara
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby SunSoldier on Thu May 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Well, maybe an object? a certain thing that is significant to the show, like maybe the coin that John and Aeryn toss in DWTB? or maybe a phrase like "Look upward and share the wonders i've seen" or something. What can i say, i'm a deep person. Ur choice though
"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." --Lucy Lawless, Starlog - Savage Sword of Xena
SunSoldier
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Firecracker on Fri May 04, 2007 2:27 am

SunSoldier wrote:Well, maybe an object? a certain thing that is significant to the show, like maybe the coin that John and Aeryn toss in DWTB? or maybe a phrase like "Look upward and share the wonders i've seen" or something. What can i say, i'm a deep person. Ur choice though

I like that idea! The coin and the phrase "Look up and share the wonders".

Nice idea. :)

But choosing to have body art is a very personal decision. Don't listen to anyone but yourself when making your decision. :D
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Chocolate on Sun May 06, 2007 12:43 am

Hmmm....

I'm actually toying with the idea of making a Farscape T-Shirt and I can't decide on THAT, so who am I to give advice? :lol:

But...

Here are some of the ideas I was toying with -

Anything to do with Winnona - be it a sentence or a picture of Winnona herself (not an "it" :lol: ) it's a classic, I think

A prowler

Moya

PK symbol, alone or with a text like "You could be more"

The Coin

Chiana - practically anything to do with her, a sentence, her face, or even a full portrait of her (but on a small scale, obviously... :) ) The way she stands is quite distinctly hers, you can recognize her from miles.

Qualta blade

Pilot

Stark

Zhaan in prayer, possibly with some sort of text regarding the goddess :wink:

"The stars are your playground"

A wormhole

I think the main question is what do any of these things mean to you? For me, something like a tattoo should be symbolic, so if I consider guns an awful thing, it doesn't matter that Winnona's "different" - she'd still be a gun, and I wouldn't want that on myself for the rest of my life...

I think it is a very personal process exactly for that reason... All I can do is offer you things which I find aesthetically appealing or otherwise meaningful to me. Sorry I can't be of much more help...
"It is pointless to lie to your God as I am All-Knowing as well as All-Beautiful." - Vala Mal-Doran
Chocolate
Luxan Warrior

Postby Allara on Sun May 06, 2007 10:19 pm

Exactly why I've decided against anything Winona. I wouldn't want a tattoo of a pulse pistol because, well, it's a gun. I'm not a gun-person. I love the coin-PK-theories and I've always tried to imagine using a quote but tattoo'ing text is so difficult for some reason. They have to make it a certain size and what not. I'll let you guys know if I figure something out- definetly keep the great idea's rolling. :D
Allara
Peacekeeper Commander

Return to Fan Creativity