Ben Browder cast in Hellcats

Talk about the cast and crew of Farscape. This includes discussions of conventions that the cast and crew attend.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Ben Browder cast in Hellcats

Postby TINemo on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:32 am

According to the BenBrowder portal, Ben has been cast in a series which stated filming April 13.

It's about a girl cheerleader and Ben will play the football coach(not much of a stretch as he coaches his son's middle school team) and he has some history with the cheerleader coach. :lol:

Filmed by CBS and Warner studios....maybe in Vancouver?

Tell you more if I hear more. There is a website hellcatsfans.com/
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Re: Ben Browder cast in Hellcats

Postby TINemo on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Apparently they are filming the pilot now. The time for the network to pick it up is May 20.Cross your fingers
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Thu May 20, 2010 8:40 pm

USA Today says Hellcats has been picked up for fall.

It will be aired at 9Pm ET on Wednesdays.

Guess it's back to Vancouver for Ben. Wouldn't it be fun if he could pick up a guest shot or two on SGU.

Go Ben!
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Sat May 22, 2010 12:40 am

Whoops never mind. Ben and his agent have annonced that he is not going to take the part.

They say he has several other film oppurtunities that would have been gone if he was filming Hellcats, so they made the decision.

Frankly, it doesn't break my heart(much). CW is geared twoard much younger females and watching cheerleading(which is the major premise) was going to be tough. The football coach role seemed too minor and some folks felt it had a sleaze factor. I didn't get the impression the coach was sleazy with the college kids, but did have some unsavory history with their coach.

So, now we wait to see if it's Naught for Hire, Freezeframe, Reacher or something alltogether different.

Stay tuned, you know I'll let you know.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 pm

The show premiered last night. There was one tiny blurred peek of Ben sitting at a table in the bar where the "star's" Mom works.One blink and you'd miss it but I guess they didn't want to refilm the scene.

Whoever took his place as the coach had one scene and about six lines, whoopee!

I, for one, am glad Ben opted not to do this show.Much as I want to see him work, this clunker for tweens and teens is cliche-ridden and inane. Sort of college Flash Dance. She has never cheered but one tryout and the team is going to change its routine(on which the coach's job and everyone's scholarships depend) to include her "moves", Yeah, right.

I don't think I could have managed a whole season.

benbrowderportal.com has some clips of him having a ball at Dragoncon last week.Looked great. Less than 2 months to LA con. Can't wait.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Yeah I am relieved also. I mean - I wish Ben all the best and would love him to get steady work but... I am glad he skipped on this one.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Yes, the one scene that his successor was in came across to me as smarmy. He's been previously involved somehow with the cheer coach to her apparent displeasure.

Got a kick out of the Dean/President or Athletic Director? being played by The Chief from Battlestar. Sorry I don't recall either his name or the actual name of the character, but he was one of the first cylons to be revealed.

Really hoping Naught for Hire gets going on filming soon.Finances, f course.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 pm

never mind, Hellcats is cancalled after one season. All the more reason to be glad Ben opted out.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Return to Cast and Crew