2010 con Los Angeles

Talk about the cast and crew of Farscape. This includes discussions of conventions that the cast and crew attend.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

2010 con Los Angeles

Postby TINemo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:32 pm

The 2010 Farscape's fourth annual frelling farewell con will be at the LA Airport Marriott , Nov 5-7

It will be a simul-con with the Stargate SG1,SGA and SGU and also with Joss Wheedon's shows Firefly, Buffy and Dollhouse.

The plan is that a gold ticket for any one con will let you into the other two, space permitting. That worked well in 2009 and gave me a chance to see Joe Flanagan among others.

Go to creationent.com for the latest details of which cast members are expected and I think Emerald City knows of a few more who might be able to come(right, Jean?)

I'm planning to go. health permitting. Hope to see many folks there.

For more details on hotels,flights, LA info and what have you try terrafirmascapers.com in the convention thread.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Re: 2010 con Los Angeles

Postby Emeraldcity on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:44 am

Yes I do! LOL LOL There will be at least 3 more guests added this week and possibly a 4th as well. ;) ;)

Stay tuned!
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby TINemo on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:57 pm

So far as of 4:51 PM April 22

Farscape: Ben Browder,David Franklin,Raelee, Hill,Virginia Hey, Kent McCord and Bianca Chineelo(Jenovian)

SG:Michael Shanks and Dan Shea(Sgt Silar) and Steve Bacic(Camulus) from SG1
Joe Flanagan and Christopher Heyerdahl(Todd the wraith )from SGA
Elyse Leveque(Chloe) and Brian Smith(Scott) from SGU

Joss: Sean Maher(Simon Tam) of Firefly

Good start =D>
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Add Paul Goddard to the Farscape List...noone new yet at the others
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Hey Jean......Where are the additional guests???? Noone listed yet.

Creation must be having problems getting folks, only one from the Joss Whedon shows so far. That's not going to bring the $$$$$$ in
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 am

Thanks for starting the thread. I don't get here as often as I should or would like to.

However, it's Bianca Chiminello.

As for why no more guest announcements I'm going to guess it's because they're still negotiating the fee for each guest. The time to start worrying about no new updates is around the middle of October.

I just hope this year Creation doesn't ignore the FS side of the con in favor of the SG/Whedonverse sides of the cons like they did last year. None of my pictures came out the ones that did come out look awful because the lighting was so horrible.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby TINemo on Mon May 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Yes the Farscape stage was poorly lit and with Claudia and Ben wearing dark colors all I have are floating hands and heads........and the side screens were too blurry. :(

I don't knoe how sales are going. I sent in money for my Farscape weekend pass 4/22 but haven't heard anything yet.

They only have Sean Maher(Simon Tam) for Firefly and noone from Buffy or Dollhouse, so that's not encouraging. I wonder if Ben's Hellcats gets picked up for fall if he'll be stuck in Vancouver where the pilot was shot. That's a long trek for a two day appearance at the con(unless he's not coming to the SG piece. ) Also Freezeframe is delayed (again) until fall if then.

Wait and see I guess. [-o<
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Thu May 06, 2010 2:29 am

Well, if you care you can add Andee Frizzell, the wraith queen to SGA's list

And did I forget Lani Tupo

That's 8 for Farscape
8 for the Stargate's three shows
1 for the three Joss Whedon shows
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Thu May 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Got a new message from Creation today offering a Sat morning tour of Henson's LA studios, formerly Charlie Chaplin's and Herb Albert and Michael Jackson recorded there.

Sounded interesting until I saw the price $299!

For that I could go to the breakfast, have a bunch of photos or autographs not to mention tee shirts. Besides I don't know how handicapped accessible the shuttle or tour would be. If I had the $$$$ I would check it out, but for now..nope!
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Thu May 13, 2010 1:45 am

Add Johnathon Hardy to make 9 for Farscape, 8 for the Stargates's 3 shows and still just one for Joss Wheedon's three shows

Wonder if Creation has tried to get Nathan Fillion.I know Castle has been renewed for a third year, but I think he lives in the LA area. He'd be fun to see.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Emeraldcity on Tue May 18, 2010 5:24 am

TINemo wrote:Well, if you care you can add Andee Frizzell, the wraith queen to SGA's list

And did I forget Lani Tupo

How many years have you gone to this show???

It is Lani TUPU .........
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby TINemo on Tue May 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi Jean.

As you've probably noticed, I've been coming to the Burbank/LA and the Chicago cons since 2001 I think.

The problems are: I can't spell, I can't type accurately and I'm so danged old I forget.

Will be happy to see you and Lani Tupu in Nov.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Thu May 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Add our beloved Chi......Gigi is on the list, along with Lani TUPU!
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Add the lovely Morena Baccarin to the Firefly con.

She also playes Adria in SG1 and is currently starring in V

I haven't seen her before so that will be fun.

Started a discussion on Nathan Fillion's facebook hoping to get creation to bring him to the con. Also dropped a note to Gary, no reply. Would love to have him there though.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:57 pm

You can add the guy who played Zander on Buffy. I've never seen the show, so???????

His name is Nicholas Brendon

AND sadly, Gigi has had to cancel, she'll be busy in Oz with her new series.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Next

Return to Cast and Crew