Ben in Freeze Frame?????

Talk about the cast and crew of Farscape. This includes discussions of conventions that the cast and crew attend.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Ben in Freeze Frame?????

Postby TINemo on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Benbrowder-online.com says that Ben has made a movie Freeze Frame to be released later this year(which year?)
Ben plays an Iraqi vet.

I can't get their website to show the clip on Utube and utube says the URL is malformed.?????

He didn't mention it at the Nov con. Anybody know anything about it. Does it exist, in what form, where can we find out or see it or whatever???????
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Re: Ben in Freeze Frame?????

Postby TINemo on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:29 am

Answering my own question......yes, Freeze Frame is in production. Ben plays a suicidal Iraqi veteran who tries to rob a bank with an empty gun,

More info at www.utube.com/watch?v=P-QoUBU6NDQ........including a 5 minute clip! =D>
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 pm

It is 'youtube'.

Here is a working link: Ben Browder - The Confession Of An Iraq Vet.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Thanks

Isn't that a powerful teaser piece. Think John Crichton on the iceberg with Einstein or getting ready to use the wormhole weapon. Ben does that stuff so well, little facial tics and all.

Anybody know who is filming it or if it will be released or go direct to DVD like Killer Within?

BTW the same site has clips from a lot of ben appearances, con 2004.2005,2006 the bunny year, comicon, last Nov's Burbank.

Some are obviously bootleg, but if you weren't there to see it.......here's a small taste.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:31 pm

I notice the producer is Galit McCord.

Do you suppose he's related to Kent?????

Also the comic books are now available. Written by Rockne amongst others they can be ordered at

www.boomstudios.com

The first edition of the first one sold out in days and is being republished with a slightly different cover. They say they will tie in eventually to the webisodes..........don't hold your breath
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:45 am

And while I'm talking about Ben, of course

Brad Wright(according to gaters) has started writing on the third post SG1 DVD movie. He says he wants it to be more *Jackcentric* meaning a big part for Richard Dean Anderson. Vala(Claudia Black) will NOT be in it.' :(

That doesn't bode well for Lt Col Cameron Mitchell....but Ben has so many irons in the fire it may not matter.

Production on Freeeze Frame is scheduled for Feb. The Farscape comic books have begun.These are intended by Rockne to tie in with and lead to the long promised webisodes which Ben hopes to be in. MGM bought his Black Mountain script. Scifi has his Going Homer first draft(s). He may soon have more things to do than can be scheduled.

Of course if he's not in SG1 Movie 3, I won't be buying the DVD. Take that! Brad Wright. :evil:
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 am

I seem to be talking to myself in this thread but here is the latest.

Ben has written a blog(as BlackTee) on FreezeFrame4Vets.org

Apparently the movie has run into money problems. If you would like to donate or help there are several possibilities. For example. for $25 you can enter the name of a serviceperson significant to you. If all works out it will appear on a Wall of Honor.......and way down the line you might get a poster of it.

Scorpsilk and Spritelady have produced some artwork and banners that can be downloaded.

So if you are interested at all or want to help check out the website =D>
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Link?
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:19 am

CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:45 am

Also!

Very long and interesting interview with Ben about Freeze Frame and pole vaulting and dogs vs cats, etc

www.benbrowderportal.com
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 pm

latest word(and now all that new, but...) Production has now been postponed again until fall 2010....maybe.

Ben is filming a pilot(right now) for a series called Hellcats(see thread) in which he plays a football coach.

Pickup date for network May 20. Good luck I guess.

I've been predicting for months(like since 2007) that a bunch of things will become available at the same time.

He's filming this pilot, freezeframe might start in fall, scifi and Andrew Prouse and Ben are still working on Going Homer,MGM bought the Black Mountain script, the webisodes might become commercially viable and Ben had agreed to direct them, the third SG1 DVD "might" actually be shot, it's been written supposedly,.....oh sure ,no work for almost three years and then Bam, the perfect storm. I hope
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby TINemo on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:47 am

latest word on Freezeframe from the Nov LA con....it's been pushed back because the producer? or director? is pregnant with twins. Due when? Ben didn't say.
I'm beginning to se this as a lost cause but maybe not
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Return to Cast and Crew