2008 FS Con Guest List Thread

Talk about the cast and crew of Farscape. This includes discussions of conventions that the cast and crew attend.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Re: 2008 FS Con Guest List Thread

Postby SunKrux on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Good to see you here pkgrl. You're welcome on keeping this updated.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby SunKrux on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Gigi has been added. ;D
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby pkgrl on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:42 am

SunKrux wrote:Gigi has been added. ;D

WOOHOO!!! Image
pkgrl
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Emeraldcity on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:29 am

Ricky Manning has been added to the guest list!!
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby TINemo on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Hurray, always enjoy Gigi.... and it's been YEARS! since Froom came to the con. Great!!!!!

See you there
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:52 am

Emeraldcity wrote:Ricky Manning has been added to the guest list!!

Have added FrooN to the list. I wonder if he'll be bringing his BETTER half with him. :D I like Froon well enough but I LURV FroonWife. :D
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby TINemo on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 am

I can't believe noone has commented on the Nov. Burbank Con!!!!!

A few highlights seem to be in order;

Friday the guests were Gigi Edgley and David Franklin.....and they did the cabaret as well. Gigi is living here in the States. Has a new project Nobody Knows that she is shopping around. She sang some songs with a new guitar accompaniest and showed a clip of her latest boyfriend David(not Franklin) who rides the unicycle and is teaching her. Apparently there is a street in the LA area where sidewalk buskers perform on Tues or Thurs. David rides the unicycle and she does her fire twirling act from SNS. The con wouldn't let her bring fire, but she had lighted globes instead.She is just as beautiful and giggly and wonderful as ever.

David F. outdid himself at the cabaret. After a long series of jokes about what his entertainment would be that night, it was worth the wait. He had a vase full of Scorpy flowers and someone(maybe he) had put together a long video of clips of Braca with Scorpious and of Braca with Commandant Cleavage. A fan joined him in singing Do you Love Him Like I Loved You (?)while David brandished his flower like a whip. It was hilarious, He also did his famed Elvis impersonation. Funny guy!

Anth also came to the cabaret with a short video fim he and other cast members had written on a sort of weekend retreat years ago.. It featured Gigi as a woman scorned and crying and breaking glass. When she takes it out to the trash, Johnathon Hardy appears as a gnome(big pointed ears, huge long nose, pointed cap) he tells her if she plants the broken glass in the garden it will grow. It does ,into beautiful glass flowers. There are several vignettes of the ups and downs in Gigi's later life and as the garden flourishes, her ears grow pointed too.Finally the gnome's time is up and he vanishes. Gigi hears a woman(Claudia) crying and pops over the fence to tell her how to grow a glass garden too. They shot iT in a weekend for (Anth says- 20 cents) just as a fun thing to do. Interesting, at least to me. The credits listed catering by Claudia Black. Yum!

Saturday's guests were Raelee Hill, Anth,Kent McCord and Claudia.
Raelee announced she is expecting a baby in January and was feeling jet lagged and delicate.She stayed sitting on the stage for the Q&A. Wish her well with the upcoming little one.

Anth came looking all dressed up and adult(Anth??? of the crazy tee shirts????). He said he disliked doing "Nim's Island" where all the extras were wearing bikinis and shorts and he, as first Mate , was wearing WOOL!...itch itch. He has been doing corporate work, goes to work in a suit and tie.He explained it well but I don't remember the details....something about methods of presentation including voice,posture,demeanor, etc all gleaned from his acting/directing experience. I was definitely impressed,I've always thought he would be a wonderful teacher. Anyone who can bring a character to life under all those prosthetics showing only his eyes and mouth and body movements gets applause from me. He said he wasn't going to hang around in the US, was anxious to get home and watch his two boys bounce on the trampoline now that's he's bought another house for the one he sold to make the Eddie's Place pilot which lanquishes in a drawer.

Kent McCord said the usual things. He's a nice man, but......

Then came our Claudia. She is very thin but looks wonderful. She was more relaxed and friendlier than I have ever seen her before. She talked about her two fine healthy boys. Said she had always wanted a water birth and when she went into labor a week early while at a wedding, she ended up in the best known water-birthing hospital in Australia. Her husband was with her and she said " I kept thinking this is just like PK Wars except I'm not screaming at all" Apparently a quick and easy birth and the second boy was born in a home delivery. Her Dad is an ObGyn, but she didnt mention if he was there. Good luck to her with them now that they are about one and three. She has been doing lots of voiceovers, a good job for a busy Mom.

There was a costume contest which Furlow came in third. Another sweatshirt for my collection. Thanks. I had really hoped to buy Furlow's wrench at auction but Adam forgot to bring it. Darn!

There was a cocktail hour with Claudia that I skipped and the usual dessert party which was rushed as usual. I sat with three women from Milan Italy who monopolized Anth's time because he had done a con there sometime.David,Kent and Gigi also circulated.

Sunday's brunch featured Ben and Fran, Raelee and Virginia. Ben and I have a cow-tipping running joke and I told him I could have bought a bilious green tee shirt in the Milwaukee airport with a joke about cow tipping(TRUE!) but didn't because it was so cheesy. He seemed relieved! Someone had brought a young(less than a year old) baby and when Francesca reached that table she picked him up and was cuddling him....when from a table a ways away Ben yelled "Put the baby down and step away from the table now". Of course they were both laughing. I bet they would have loved to have more kids if their careers were more predictable. Ben hasn't worked since Continuum and Fran did "Heatstroke" with Wayne Pygram last year.

Francesca was up first on the stage.She said she hasn't seen "Heatstroke", that they knew the plot and dialogue were lame but were reassured the CGI would fix all that. Well, it didn't. The critter was pretty awful. She talked about their gorgeous house bought with the money from Farscape.Fran's Fans(the Mad hatters) gave her a hydrangea for her garden.Someone asked about the plaster cast made for Ahkna and she said she had it in their bathroom. She is so obviously mad about Ben, it just shines through, She finally answered someone that "Yes, you saw our children in the Princess Trilogy",,,,, a long debated subject .I am so happy that she trusts the fans enough to share that now. Ben, several years ago, has said that they as adults decided to be actors with all that goes along with it, but the children didn't opt for that and so they felt very protective of them. Well now. he says, when they get taller than you somehow you're not that protective anymore.Both kids were just beautiful if you remember....the little boy doing the punching thing with his dad and the girl hugging him. I'd love to see them now, but.........

Ben followed while Fran sat in the audience....so he kept saying "Right,honey?" Ah Love after almost 20 years of marraige, a happy thing. He was in fine form.The mad Hatters had given him a box full of crazy props and he made the most of them.
Just some examples: a grass skirt and coconuts for when he did South Pacific in high school and college. Put them on and did a bit of "One hundred and one,pounds of fun, that's my little honey bun, get a load of honey bun tonight." hula :A scruffy beard for Jeremiah Crichton, a rubber chicken which he folded in half,put on his chin and said "D'Argo" : a severed manikin hand * this is me and Neve Campbell in Party of Five" and on and on. You really should have been there.He talked about coaching football for his son's middle school and pole vaulting for his daughter's high school. He said"You just can't tell them, you have to show them. I can still do it but it hurts me more than it does them" He was very excited that one of his girl vaulters cleared 12 feet,"I don't know when I've been that excited lately."

To questions about webisodes and future plans He said the script to Black Mountain was sold to MGM, the first draft(s) of Going Homer (which Fran said she would like a role in) are in the hands of Scifi. As for the rest he said "I can just tell you that Rockne and I have been talking at length" and something about "Next generation", so.................

Ricky Froom Manning was on briefly. He has a pilot of a show called Fusion which you can find on froonium.com.

Virginia was up last. She looked very slim and trim. Said she had lost 40 pounds of "menopausal weight" but was vague about how. But then, she does vague really well calling everyone darling and love.

There will be a Third Annual Final Frelling Farscape Convention next year. Since being at the con I have heard it will be at the LAX airport Marrioot...a change of venue...and it will be the same weekend as the Stargate con. Don't quite know how that will work. They plan to keep them seperate(two tickets required) but seems like Ben and Claudia will need to appear twice, once for each fandom. Well, we'll hear more about that later,,,,,economy permitting.

There was of course tons more, but it's a start. Anyone?????
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Emeraldcity on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:49 pm

TINemo wrote:I can't believe noone has commented on the Nov. Burbank Con!!!!!

A few highlights seem to be in order;

Friday the guests were Gigi Edgley and David Franklin.....and they did the cabaret as well. Gigi is living here in the States. Has a new project Nobody Knows that she is shopping around. She sang some songs with a new guitar accompaniest and showed a clip of her latest boyfriend David(not Franklin) who rides the unicycle and is teaching her. Apparently there is a street in the LA area where sidewalk buskers perform on Tues or Thurs. David rides the unicycle and she does her fire twirling act from SNS. The con wouldn't let her bring fire, but she had lighted globes instead.She is just as beautiful and giggly and wonderful as ever.

Gigi's boyfriend's name is Jamey........

David F. outdid himself at the cabaret. After a long series of jokes about what his entertainment would be that night, it was worth the wait. He had a vase full of Scorpy flowers and someone(maybe he) had put together a long video of clips of Braca with Scorpious and of Braca with Commandant Cleavage. A fan joined him in singing Do you Love Him Like I Loved You (?)while David brandished his flower like a whip. It was hilarious, He also did his famed Elvis impersonation. Funny guy!

David put together the video.

Virginia was up last. She looked very slim and trim. Said she had lost 40 pounds of "menopausal weight" but was vague about how. But then, she does vague really well calling everyone darling and love.

LOL LOL LOL How true.....vague....... LOL LOL
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby TINemo on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Oops, sorry I got Gigi's friend's name wrong. I don't take notes on this stuff, just try to remember later.........and then there is the problem of creeping senility. :?

I thought David F might have done the video himself, but doing them seems so complicated(I've sat in on several panel discussions of how to do it and it boggles the earlier named senile mind). Congratulations to him on his success. =D>

Virginia really did look wonderful. The last time I saw her, (mmm what year???) she seemed to be wearing a tablecloth around her waist. But she is so Zhahn zen and dreamy!

Hope I can make next Nov in LA, depends on what the economy and my health do. I'll certainly be there in spirit.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:59 am

David also borrowed the video that played behind him and the fan singing "Does He Love You" (it's a Reba McIntire song). That vid was actually made by my wonderfully talented evil twinny, Ryalin.
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Previous

Return to Cast and Crew