Were so screwed.

Discussions relating Farscape's many episodes.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Were so screwed.

Postby JackBauer on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:45 am

You know, for a top secret base that took going to an unrealized reality to find, they sure have a lot of people roaming around all over the place. And to top that off there are a load of people who have heard of it including an entire base of people who are in charge of inspecting ships before going to the aforementioned base.
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Re: Were so screwed.

Postby Firecracker on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:25 pm

JackBauer wrote:You know, for a top secret base that took going to an unrealized reality to find, they sure have a lot of people roaming around all over the place. And to top that off there are a load of people who have heard of it including an entire base of people who are in charge of inspecting ships before going to the aforementioned base.

The Border Station would be under the same blanket security as Katratzi. Ships arriving at the border station are only there because they are going to Katratzi. Individuals on the border station - by definition - would know about Katratzi, because that is why they are there.

If you are talking about all the ships coming and going from the border station of the Super Secret Base - well, that is the problem with Super Secret Bases - logistics.

People require food. People require fuel. Change of personnel. Activities related to the reason that the base is Super Secret would require movement. Not to mention the Emperor and his entourage coming and going as they pleased.

But if everyone who has knowledge of the base passes a Super Secret Security Scan - then the base remains a secret.

As Sikozu said: [T]he Scarrans have managed to build one of the most extensive empires in the galaxy - in part - and I shall repeat this because it does not seem to sink in - by not advertising the location of their secret bases.

They have obviously done this before - and successfully too.

:)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

suspension of disbelief

Postby bwilli18 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 pm

The crew's easy access to the heights of power is one of those areas that requires effort to suspend disbelief. But, since this is such a wonderful show the effort is worth it.

Whether it's the show with the truth lobster or John having to dress in drag or Look at the Princess, people in power in the uncharted territories and beyond having a surprising (and often disastrous) tendency to let Moya's crew walk right in, often with weapons.

Katratzi was a not-so-secret secret base where they walked right in. That's apparently a normal part of business in that part of the galaxy. Despite this little flaw (quirk?) of the show, my love of all things Farscape is undiminished.
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby AERYNSUN on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:12 pm

I guess that as katratzi is such a secret bgasxe,pèrsonnel working at the border station maybe are force t make a vow of silence about Katratyzi.

I think it's like wotking for a laweauer's office, I once worked in a lawyer's offioce and in my wotk contract there was a point about confidentiality.

Maybe the scarrans nade all the workoers in the botder station make a vow of silence about the base.

Concerning the unrealizedc reality part, as we all know, Stark was living amongts the scarran for some time ans as he is ans stiquera, hge has the knowledge of those he helps crossing over.

That's why Stark was a prisoner at the gammak base where John was too.

Tht's my opinion, at least.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby JackBauer on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:41 am

The episode Prayer make Katrazi seem like the omnious base in the depths of the galaxy. Were so screwed made it seem like your everyday run of the mill starbase command that everyone and their dog goes to for something or another.

I also couldnt stand how Jenek didnt know who Scorpious was when the whole series has done whatever it took to establish him as something of a unique creature. I also didnt like how Jenek's obsession of finding John Crichton in Prayer, and he has no idea what he looks like!! Or how he couldnt put two and two together when John knocked out the nurse and tried to free Aeryn and Janek took the excuse that John was trying to mate with her.

Upon rewatching season 4 though i have to say it was pretty good. Still my 3rd favorite but its a lot more enjoyable seeing it a second time.
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Postby AERYNSUN on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:09 am

Jenek and the Scarrans want to rule the Universe. In the episode Icarus Abides of season 3, when John destroys the Scarran ship, the Scarrans think that's the only way to rule the whole univerwse, a wormhole weapon.

They know that Peacekeeprs also want it because they are the other big bad guys of the universe, capable or ruling the universe.

News fly very fast in the Unchartred territories, even in the Tormented space, and they both know that the only being capable of providing this kind of information is John Crichton. They also know everything about him, so they know Aeryn is his weakness. That's why they kdnapped her. A way to make John go to rescue her and capture him, and obtain this knowledge.

Scarrans and Pecakeepers.

And I think that only some pecakeepers commands know about Katratzi, Grayza and her crew. Stark because he lived among the scarrans and the kalish because they work for them. Sikozu belongs to the kalish resistance.

So I don'0t think katratzi it's in the maps that you buy at any shop.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby JackBauer on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 am

I get why Janek was interogating Aeryn, what I dont get is if she would have told him where he was, what good would it of done him since he didnt know what John looked like (supposedly)
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Postby AERYNSUN on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:32 am

Aeryn was resisting all the time she could until she eventually said that the baby was Crichton's. They found out at the end of Fetal Atraction and in the following two episodes, sapecially in Hot to Kartratzi.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:22 pm

JackBauer wrote:I get why Janek was interogating Aeryn, what I dont get is if she would have told him where he was, what good would it of done him since he didnt know what John looked like (supposedly)

The Scarrans have been looking for John Crichton since Icarus Abides (mid-season 3).

John Crichton has had his various run-in's with Scarrans since mid-season 2 in Look at the Princess. Diplomats generally keep their governments appraised of important events in their assignments - and for sure John Crichton was an important event in Cargn's assignment.

Why would he not make sure that the Scarran heirarchy would not have a picture/image/video of John Crichton at that point?

In addition, in the episode "I Shrink Therefore I Am" the Scarran Axikor took over Moya specifically because he wanted to capture John Crichton.

John Crichton is notorious throughout the Unchartered Territories. Everyone knows his name and he probably has his face on every "Wanted" poster out there.

In "Suns and Lovers" Borlik knew who John Crichton was:

Borlik: You know, I heard [John Crichton] destroyed a Peacekeeper Gammak Base. Murdered an entire Nebari battalion - even laid waste to a shadow depository- (another jolt shakes the space station but Borlik is unfazed) - Guy was a devil. He raped and pillaged-- he popped eyeballs-

Even vigilante's are trying to capture John Crichton - witness Yoti the game designer from "John Quixote".

Jenek wasn't interogating Aeryn because he wanted to know what John Crichton looked like - he already knew that. He was interrogating Aeryn because he wanted to know where John Crichton was, and if the baby was Crichton's, then that point would be moot because Scarrans can extract (they think anyway) wormhole information from fetal DNA.

Both vital pieces of strategic information that Aeryn might or might not have.

Of course the Scarrans were looking for John Crichton and of course they knew what he looked like.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby JackBauer on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:45 pm

In the 1st part of Were so Screwed, Scorpious is pretending to be a Captain W-something. Nobody seems to have a clue who he is, and along with him is "crew" including John (who was pretending to be a peacekeeper) etc. John is trying to rescue Aeryn and gets caught. Janek interogates John as to why he liked that female. John told him because he just wanted to mate, and Janek believed him. Janek had absolutly no clue what John looked like.
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Postby AERYNSUN on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Maybe onle some Scarrans from the ruling kind know how he looks like.

Remember that Moya crew is being wanted by Pecakeepers ans everybody knows their faces. The scarrans know how Areyn looe3de like, so the same thing with the rest of the crew.

Anyway, if you want something so badly, you find the means to get it.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Return to Episodes