Want more Farscape?? Well here it comes.......

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby SunKrux on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:41 am

I signed up as well...even though I won't watch much on SciLIE anymore. I will watch the webisodes though. Only because I want more Farscape.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby PKBitchGirl on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:15 pm

SunKrux wrote:
nostromo wrote:I miss Ben, and I am so sad he chose SG-1 over BSG...

You do realize that it is highly probable that he didn't even get an offer to be on BSG. Too bad you didn't take the time to watch him on SG1. He wasn't too bad.

I heard he was offered the role of Lee 'Apollo' Adama, but he turned it down because he wanted to be free to film PK Wars.
PKBitchGirl
Delvian Pa'u

Postby PKBitchGirl on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:27 pm

TINemo wrote:In this article he says Rygel,Pilot etc will have to be rebuilt(elsewhere it says they are fine in storage) I remember remarks that Pilot alone was worth about $1million(maybe they were exaggerating).

Actually, its Rygel that cost $1m to build, they said that Pilot was irreplaceable when they were commenting on the fire that happened on the set. It was said that if either Pilot or his console had been destroyed either by the fire or by water damage from the sprinklers that the series would have been over
PKBitchGirl
Delvian Pa'u

Postby PKBitchGirl on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:44 pm

TINemo wrote:Then there's the rumors of another SG spinoff--all hush hush, based it's thought on the second DVD Continuum with time travel elements. Is here a role for Cam Mitchell in there?????

Not according to the Stargate producer (can't remember his name) at the Creation Vancouver con. I asked him will we see any familiar faces in Stargate Universe and he said there'll be no main cast from other SG series in Universe. But when I said familiar faces, I was really asking if ANYONE from SG1/Atlantis will be in the new series. None of the main SG1 cast became main cast members of Atlantis when it first started out, but one recurring SG1 character (McKay) became main cast.
Personally, I'd like to see Walter or Siler (SG1's recurring chars) in the new show and there's a fan campaign to get Cliff Simon (Ba'al) as part of the it
PKBitchGirl
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:46 am

Gateworld(.net) is holding a poll as to where the third in the SG series Stargate Universe should take place.....so apparently they plan to go ahead with it.

I heard it might be a takeoff from the second SG1 DVD Continuum which is supposed to have time travel aspects as Cam and Sam on in the wrong timeline when stranded in the arctic until a REAL nuclear sub breaks thru the ice.Possiby they were messing with the time dilation/time reversal gizmos.

Then it would make some sense to have some *old* faces....

but frankly Baal makes no sense. Well they will do what they will do......

We'll have to wait and see.........as usual

PS On one of the commentaries it was mentioned ben was considered for the Shepherd role on SGA....probably any sciffy scifi show knows he brings a faithful audience with him.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:24 pm

From what I have heard the spin-off series (if it should happen) will not include any of the actors from either SG-1 or Atlantis.

Plus this thread is about new Farscape. Not new Stargate.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

O'Bannon

Postby bwilli18 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:53 pm

The Futon Critic says Rockne S. O'Bannon is on board. For a skeptic like me this is a relief. I have a measure of faith in his fealty to the Farscape vision. However, for a skeptic like me, I must also question The Futon Critic's reliability.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx ... 801scifi01
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby TINemo on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:34 am

Futon or not, I've read elsewhere that Rockne is on board, so I think you can beleive that part at least.

Only 2 and a half months to the Burbank con and he'll be there to answer your questions...........assuming you'll be there.

I will
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Is it dead?

Postby bwilli18 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:50 am

Has anyone heard anything? Checking out the web, I heard nothing but crickets chirping and saw tumbleweeds blowing by. Then I sobbed softly.

:cry:
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby SunKrux on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:46 am

nothing more than "Yep, still in the works and should be sometime in 2008". Rockne is possibly striking with the other writers and if he's not, well, most if not all of Hollyweird is affected by the writers strike so a lot of future projects are possibly up in the air until the strike is over.
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby TINemo on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:09 pm

Yeah, I was hoping for some details and it seemed like David Franklin(who asked if there would be a place for"the sex toy of the uncharted territories") was the only one who said a little about it.

I have the feeling that many many details are not decided.....and as you say the writers are now on strike. Lastt time they were out 22 weeks which would cause all sorts of problems in terms of planning and/or writing.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:15 am

The jist of what Rockne said was that they are still in the planning stages of the webisodes. I'm not too worried that the writer's strike will do much to dampen those plans, just set them back a bit.

David was a hoot getting up to ask that question. :lol:
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby littlejamie on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:29 am

I agree.

The most information we got was out of their exchange.

I also agree it was extremely memorable when David asked "is there room for the sex toy in the webisodes?" :)
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby TINemo on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:03 am

I still can't imagine building new sets(the old ones are gone),making new costumes and props(they've sold most everything at the cons or on ebay) for 10 6-10 minute webisodes-----that's about an hour's worth all told--unless they expect to do something ELSE with them...doesn't sound financially feasible to me.

I guess we just wait until they announce their plans.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:31 am

TINemo wrote:I still can't imagine building new sets(the old ones are gone),making new costumes and props(they've sold most everything at the cons or on ebay) for 10 6-10 minute webisodes-----that's about an hour's worth all told--unless they expect to do something ELSE with them...doesn't sound financially feasible to me.

I guess we just wait until they announce their plans.

Maybe we have come so far that CGI can do enough for background on the webisodes and use more character drive rather than sets? Maybe the webisodes will be based on a single theme which would require less sets? Many years have passed and technology seems to double now in no time
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

PreviousNext

Return to Future Farscape