Want more Farscape?? Well here it comes.......

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Want more Farscape?? Well here it comes.......

Postby Emeraldcity on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:43 am

I think this is rather exciting......don't you??

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.ph ... 2&id=42431

Farscape Revived On SCIFI.COM

SCI FI Channel will revive its popular original show Farscape as a Web-based series of short films on SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Pulse broadband network, part of a slate of new original online programming.

SCI FI has ordered 10 webisodes of Farscape, to be produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi Jr. and produced by The Jim Henson Co.

The series will expand the Farscape universe, but the network had no announcements on casting or premiere dates.

Other new online series include SCI FI Tech, a companion to SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Tech blog, and Invent This!, which sets out to find the world's quirkiest inventions and get into the minds of the inventors behind each creation.
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby Arenzera on Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:58 am

Praise the Lord!

Kiel :-)
Arenzera
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandgroper61 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:40 pm

Oops, didn't see this and posted it in General Farscape ... sorry.

However, very cool indeed.
'Cheekbones like geometry/And eyes like sin . . .'

. . . Lloyd Cole was the first Claudia Black groupie
Sandgroper61
Luxan Warrior

DETAILS?!?

Postby bwilli18 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:43 pm

This is such thrilling news! But this quotation should give us pause:

The series will expand the Farscape universe, but the network had no announcements on casting or premiere dates.

I hope they don't sell us the proverbial "Abraham Lincoln's Axe" (Salesman: "This is Abe Lincoln's axe." Customer: "Really? It looks new." Salesman: "It has a new handle and a new head"). If this is all cgi with all new characters, is it really Farscape just because there are Peacekeepers, leviathans, etc.?

Thanks so much for this intriguing thread. Please keep us informed as details become known.
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

New Farscape YAY!

Postby Tiberius on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Webisodes can be really great. But I associate them with pre-season launches such as the recent Shield prequel season opener. They tend to be short and entirely character based.

However i wont pre-judge because if it has Farscape in the title we know they aren't going to come back with a subpar product.

Does anyone else have the feeling this could be a testing zone for a possible new Farscape spin-off series?

I mean since when do you resurrect an expensive cancelled TV series merely for the internet?

And didn't Henson say something years back about 2008 and Farscape plans. I wont make demands but I hope to god Ben Browder's in it. Please.

Something's cooking folks and it smells DELICIOUS!
Tiberius
Luxan Warrior

Quotes

Postby Tiberius on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:27 pm

From various articles so far:

"So far no stars or writers are signed to appear and no story plotted, but if successful, the project could lead to re-igniting the franchise on the air."

"The network will also launch new content on scifi.com's broadband video site Sci Fi Pulse. The network will resurrect its popular space series Farscape on the Web with a 10-part webisode series. David Howe, executive vice president and general manager said some of the show's original cast would appear in the webisodes, but would not comment further."
Tiberius
Luxan Warrior

More specific quote

Postby Tiberius on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:39 pm

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2233

iF MAGAZINE: Will the original cast be returning for FARSCAPE?

DAVE HOWE: We don’t know. Literally, we closed the deal yeaterday, so we haven’t gotten into any of the creative conversations about casting, or story; all of that is yet to come. It is based on FARSCAPE so it will involve the characters from the series, but we don’t know who or what.
Tiberius
Luxan Warrior

Postby Rygelfan on Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:59 am

=D> I am just glad to hear there's more Farscape. If it has the original cast, awesome; if not, that's great too. I am just jonesin' for more Farscape. Let's hope this leads to more Farscape on TV, even if it is something like "Farscpae: The Next Generation" or "Farscape: Deep SPace 9". I am going to say what I am sure every Scaper is thinking in their hearts "Please God, let us see D'Argo have escaped from the planet." LOL I still weep every time that scene happens in the mini.
You have the right to the remains of a silent attourney. If you cannot afford one, tough noogies! You have the right to a phone call, I recommend Trixie 976555love. Do you understand these rights? Well do you punk?
Rygelfan
Delvian Pa'u

Postby l.21 on Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:18 pm

this is awsomesauce squared!!! Hmmm, no writers, are they taking resumes!!!

:D
l.21
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Cush on Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:25 pm

Farscape: The Jena Chronicles

...yeah, it probably won't happen....
Cush
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby nostromo on Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:25 pm

Sweet JESUS!!

THIS IS FRELLING AWESOME!!!

I guess, now that BSG is gonna end in Season 4, they are hoping that we'll forgive them and let them make another try to save them selves...

Hell, I'd almost forgive them if they brought back Farscape for a new run!

I'd love to see Ben and Claudia again... I miss Ben, and I am so sad he chose SG-1 over BSG...
"For I dipped into the future, far as human eye could see;
Saw the Vision of the World, and all the wonder that could be..."

-Alfred Tennyson
nostromo
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby SunKrux on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:56 am

nostromo wrote:I miss Ben, and I am so sad he chose SG-1 over BSG...

You do realize that it is highly probable that he didn't even get an offer to be on BSG. Too bad you didn't take the time to watch him on SG1. He wasn't too bad.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Ancient_Einstein on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:54 pm

I've wondered about the cast too, and whether it would be live action and who the writers and directors would be.

With Brian Henson invovled I'm sure he'll fight for a product that will live up to the Farscape legacy.

BTW: Anyone remember in the Premier when Zhaan and D'Argo were talking, they mentioned a forced labor colony where Zhaan worked in records and D'Argo worked in a mine, where apparently most of the miners, except for D'Argo, died.

I thought that might be an interesting premise for a flashback or time travel episode. Maybe Post PKWArs Crichton and Aeryn get zapped back in time somehow and run across past D'Argo and Zhaan. Maybe past Rygel too. Zhaan would be less stable, D'Argo would be more violent and suspicious, Rygel would be even more treacherous.

Past Aeryn could be there too as a PK guard showing the differences between her past and present self. Be a good way too see D'Argo again, one more time.
Ancient_Einstein
Nebari Snurcher

Postby chryse on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:36 pm

I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high.

The announcements have said that there is no cast and no script yet. Obviously this will change, and all the of the cast has said at sometime or another that would do Farscape again. I think a lot will depend on the time table they set up for production and where the series will be shot. It may not be in Australia. We may not see web-episodes for a year or more. So who knows?

Ben is already working on another show now, so I don't really expect to see him in this, maybe a cameo here and there, some old footage from the series and maybe some of the cutting room floor extras.

It does also sound to me like it's a testing ground for a spin off. I'd be happy with that too.

In all honesty, they could do a lot, even without Ben and Claudia and the rest of the original cast. They never did wrap up the Nebari story/threat. They could go back to the Royal Planet and Jenavian. They could focus on Moya/Pilot and their backstory and the Kahaynu. Focus on Rygel, his planet, cousin and what got him deposed and maybe how he gets his revenge. There were a lot of little things in the series they could go back to and pick up on and I'd be happy with most of it. Just no more of the ugly 3 eyed hag please.

I am looking forward to it. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective for myself.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby SunKrux on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:43 am

Word chryse! I have all faith in Henson and Co to make a superior product. I have no faith in SciLie to promote it to it's fullest.

Color me a hopeful cynic in this venture. ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Next

Return to Future Farscape