Farscape in 2008

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Mad on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:04 am

Yes , therefore i spoke about a different role for Virginia, for the question makeup...
But i believe that she could resolve the problem, also i want see again Zhaan....

MAD of love.......farscape.
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:34 am

Chocolate wrote:
Zhaan is not dead and she would make a great connection between the different stories

She ISN'T dead? I thought she got blown to bits inside a wormhole on the pathfinder ship.
I know that ordinarily on Sci-Fi this shouldn't be a problem, characters have survived worse, :lol: but I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I think Zhaan could come back if Virginia's makeup would be different, to the best of my knowledge she quit the show because she had a severe allergic reaction to the makeup or something.

yes she did complain about the makeup, however tptb did the quick writing and removed the character when all Virginia wanted was a reduced role due to the makeup. NO she is NOT dead because her essence is still out there...like littlejamie said Stark would make a comeback because it would be Stark who would bring back her essence and put her into another plant because of their connection...
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Re: The Return

Postby Mad on Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:32 pm

Darkwander wrote:I do believe now that Stargate is Finishing that BB and CB will be avab after they make the Stargate movies, SG1 has been signed up to make 2 TV movies and after that Farscape might grab them to make another movie that continues on from Peace Keeper Wars...

P.S. What a lucky kid, the whole galaxy is hes playground. Adopt me, Adopt me...

mmmmm
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mad on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:15 pm

Excuse me, before for error has left the message....

I wanted only say that I agree with darkwander..

Uhm , I am already to 100 posts?.... :o

MAD of love.....farscape.
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Possibilities

Postby lady of the uncharteds on Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:46 am

There are so many possible story lines that could come from the original series....the Nebari problem, Rygel reclaiming his throne, the new balance between Peacekeepers and Scarrans....not to mention some sort of revisit to Earth. Really take a look at the episodes and the subplots of the characters...the possibilities are pretty vast! Not to mention Little 'D and the suspected offspring of Grayza and John!!!!! And of course there is/are the progeny left on the Royal Planet (do you think they would stop at only ONE sampling of John's DNA implanted to fruition when they have a plentiful supply to make sure there are multiple offspring for the Princess and her consort?). We do not know for certain what the seeds that have been sown will truly reap!
lady of the uncharteds
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Apoc56 on Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:40 am

What about problems with Little D? Genetic problems? Maybe he's growing too fast? (which could be an excuse to bring in an older-ish actor to play little-D if they didn't want to deal with a really young kid on set :P ) Was it ever confirmed if Sebacean child growth was the same as Human children? Especially considering peacekeepers might want children to grow into adulthood faster? Just something I've been considering recently, any thoughts?

I personally want future Farscape because I only just discovered the series by complete accident a month and a half ago, and have been totally in awe of it, but disappointed that it had already run its course...

edit - wouldn't it be a surprise if during the 'last ever' Farscape convention the continuation of the series was announced? Might make sense with the extra people there trying to go one last time. One can hope.

First Post - by Apoc56
Apoc56
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby thoth on Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:22 am

Apoc56 wrote:What about problems with Little D? Genetic problems? Maybe he's growing too fast? (which could be an excuse to bring in an older-ish actor to play little-D if they didn't want to deal with a really young kid on set :P ) Was it ever confirmed if Sebacean child growth was the same as Human children? Especially considering peacekeepers might want children to grow into adulthood faster? Just something I've been considering recently, any thoughts?

I totally agree that Peacekeepers would not want to be wasting time caring for toddlers, so Peacekeepers probably would not be averse to letting the speed-aging continue after birth. Over a year ago I wrote a little teaser for what I would have liked to see in a new season premiere of Farscape and I touched on this very issue. It can be found by clicking here. In this scenario, Lil'D can't talk yet because... he's only a few months old and hasn't learned to speak yet even though he looks much older.

My thinking was that Peacekeepers would let the children grow to about how a 7-year-old might look so that they would be physically capable of doing simpler tasks and learning new stuff, as well as stay out of the way when required, but that they would be stuck at that "age" so that their smaller bodies would not demand so many rations of food until they had reached an age where you could expect them to be useful enough to be worth the rations for an adult-sized body.

The evidence from the series could accomodate either normal growth or the accelerated growth idea. We've seen Sebacean children both on Scorpius' command carrier in the Into the Lion's Den two-parter and the video record of the children's quarters in which Xhalax visits Aeryn when she was a girl. I think we also saw young versions of Bialar and Tuavo Crais in Crais' flashbacks in the Aurora Chair. There is also mention by Aeryn during A Bug's Life mentioning to Larraq that she couldn't go on to piloting more more adult craft until 16.

AERYN: Let's see...I started flying scrub runners at 14 cycles. Half-cycle later a KL-80 and a 81...and then prowler attack school at 16.

LARRAQ: 16? Why'd you wait so long?

AERYN: I had to. My feet didn't reach the pedals.

So apparently it's normal for a Sebacean to be adult-sized as they get closer to 16 years old, just like normal humans. So they could have normal aging or maybe 14-16 is when aging unfreezes and kicks in again.
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Sebacean Age

Postby bwilli18 on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:36 pm

Wasn't Aeryn supposed to be around 26 in The Choice? Her "father" said that he and her mother made a choice 20 years earlier, when Aeryn was 6.
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby Apoc56 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:13 am

I don't know, but its an interesting possibility.

There's bound to be a larger story with the Nebari or whatever, but there would probably be something driving the story forward closer to the characters' hearts, which I'd assume would be Little D. Whether its health issues or genetic conflicts, such as the 'geometric' pregnancy continuing after birth.Could be caused by the human/sebacean combination of genes.

Maybe there'd be nothing to do with genes, maybe Little D gets left in an unrealized reality where time moves faster? Or something similar the place in The Locket? Then he comes back as an older child/teenager? Too much like Angel maybe.

Other ideas might include Little D being kidnapped causing a (considering that shows often lose viewers when the leads finally get together) potential rift between John and Aeryn. Especially if the event was John's fault? Lots of potential emotional issues to work through, as well as a quest to find their baby.

Maybe the Nebari assume there is wormhole knowledge passed to the baby and they wish to raise the child and get that information?

Who knows, but I hope they come up with something. There's too much potential for it to be over forever.
Apoc56
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby pushka on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:34 am

I like the idea of bringing the Nebari into things! I thought they were a race that may have not been touched on so much with all the mental clensing and stuff. Maybe it's because they were saving it for a future Farscape plot.... or maybe that's just wishful thinking they'll start a new series :mrgreen:

I also remember Pilot vaguely mentioning Moya being a young Leviathan. Maybe Moya would get hooked up with a male Leviathan and have another baby ship! Maybe that could turn out and the Nebari could kidnap the baby Leviathan to use it as a ship for a wormhole engine drive or something. Just some crazy ideas off the top of my head!
Pushka the Cannon - Cannonade strikes again!
pushka
Luxan Warrior

Postby NumfarVera on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:26 am

I'm just hoping for more of the story. Not because I was unfulfilled by how it was left, I just want more...I love the characters, I love the long story arcs, and the physical beauty of the show.
The first Scarron you see...You Tell Him Who His Daddy Is!!!

She had the body of a Venus, so imagine my surprise!
NumfarVera
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Apoc56 on Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:27 am

If they can't get Ben and Claudia, they should at least continue with a spinoff. Probably with a young D'argo Sun Crichton helping with the Nebari rebellion. Maybe becoming a knight in Rygel's empire? Still on the run because of wormholes? Maybe even trying to find a way back to Earth to bury his father? Speaking of Earth, maybe by that time the earthlings have reached the uncharted territories?

I think its safe to say everyone would prefer the same main characters, but what would you all want in a spinoff if that wasn't possible?
Apoc56
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby NumfarVera on Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:20 am

What about picking up a few arns after they left off...'cept D'argo survives and is left embittered, perhaps badly maimed after his last stand. Also, Sputnik and Grunshlick.

Young D'argo is a past adolescence due to PK advanced aging or something.

I'm sure these ideas have been addressed in other threads, I just hope my friends make it back to the screen (big or little).
The first Scarron you see...You Tell Him Who His Daddy Is!!!

She had the body of a Venus, so imagine my surprise!
NumfarVera
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby TINemo on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:42 am

Hello ! Farscape in 2008 is going to come in the shape of 10 webisodes of 3 to 6 minutes which sounds too small, but does add up to approx one ep's worth of time. On scifi Pulse website.

There's a bunch of info about it on other threads.

Henson has announced it, Rockne O'Bannon is on board, Ben has said he'll try to make time for it, they expect to include DArgo Sun Crichton as a character, age unknown.

Noone is actually cast, details are fuzzy at best...but it's coming.

Many think this is just dipping a toe in the water and seeing if the fans bite (ala BSG) and one can only HOPE for better things and bigger things to come.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Re: Farscape in 2008

Postby TINemo on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Well as you can see it didn't happen in 2008 although in Nov Ben said at the Burbank con that he had been having in-depth talks with Rockne.

So far, the comic books have come out instead. Rockne writes the script.Two are published so far(boomstudios.com). They begin where PKWars left off with John, Aeryn, Little D now called Deke, and Noranti still on board Moya while Chianna, and Jothee who has taken leave of the Luxan army and resumed a relationship with Chi are going to Hyneria to help Rygel get his throne back.

Of course that doesn't go well and in the second book, John, Aeryn and the baby are going to try and help after all.

I think the intent is to test the waters, keep the story line going and hopefully build up to the webisodes....to go where I don't know.

The first printing of the comics sold out in like 4 days and is presently Boom's best seller....whatever that means in terms of real numbers.

Ben started production in Feb of a movie called Freeze Frame about a suicidal Iraq war veteran. The clip available is very dark. I really don't know whether regular non-fans will be interested. The producer is Garit McCord but I'm sure it's an independent that will probably go straight to DVD as Killer Within pretty much did.

Ben still has other irons in the fire, Scifi bought the initial script of Going Homer which he and Andrew are revising and revising....no word of filming. MGM has his script to Black Mountain.

Very hard to get any further word.Don't know what Claudia,Gigi etc are doing as to availibility.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

PreviousNext

Return to Future Farscape