More Farscape?? According to Rockne, YES

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

More Farscape?? According to Rockne, YES

Postby vmae on Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:57 am

hey i was at i was at scfi BBoard where it stated that there is a futuer of more farscape ....maybe even on the big screen . heres a link to get there
http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php?Ca ... 1203#Post0

let me know what u thing about it

thanks
vmae :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
vmae
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby lovingfarscape on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:38 am

OOOOOOO my god this is exactly what this women that i brought my dvd's from and everyone said it was just gossip but this proves it,
thank you so much for posting this
p.s i was told that this movie was coming out at the end of the year
this lavishly produced space adventure quickly established itself as the most irreverent, unpredictable, sexy, intelligent, and exciting sci-fi show on TV.Ben Browder and Claudia Black have incredible chemistry
lovingfarscape
Delvian Pa'u

Postby vmae on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:55 am

hey no prob thats what fellow scaper are here for
vmae
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby john_aeryn_fanatic on Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:43 pm

firstly.. HELLO vmae!!!!

*j_a_f waves at fellow john and aeryn fanatic* lol
your avatar is fantastically funny lol!!!! hehehe :P:)

that is excellent knew about what Rockne said... i cant wait to see Farscape on the BIG SILVER SCREEN!! wooooohooo

j_a_f
ImageImage
john_aeryn_fanatic
Nebari Snurcher

Postby adam.creighton on Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:00 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere that if a Farscape film were to happen, it would'nt be a continuation of the story, but set during the first couple of seasons. Will definitely be front of the que if/when it happens though.
adam.creighton
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby vmae on Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:07 am

hey there fellow johnand aeryn fanatic!!!!!! nice to meet yah . you have some awesome pics yourself
vmae
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Daredevil on Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:24 am

Sounds good to me. I'm a big Firefly/Serenity fan myself (definitely Whedon's best TV series...considering I never really got into Buffy or Angel) and was tied with Batman Begins as my most anticipated upcoming movie (prior to last week, now that Batman's out, only Indiana Jones 4 or a Farscape movie would beat out Serenity.) Farscape and Firefly are similar in alot of ways, even though both shows are also very different. They're two crews stuck aboard a ship together, rarely agreeing on anything, and always getting into one bit of trouble after another. Both are more character-driven than plot- or effects-driven, both are well written, and both have great actors. And they're both named after a spaceship :) (as is another of my favorites, Cowboy Bebop...)

As for the future of Farscape, I do know that in the extras on the Peacekeeper Wars DVD mention a couple times (I think Henson and Kemper, maybe it was Rockne...can't remember for sure) that they are DEFINITELY going to be doing something with Farscape beyond PKW. Whether that was going to be more miniseries or a movie, who knew. But the success of Serenity would certainly be a signal that a Farscape movie would succeed too. I think Farscape has a BETTER chance to succeed. Because, although Serenity has a strong fanbase especially with other Whedon fans along for the ride, I think Farscape, having had a longer series run (longer than even the original Star Trek, and look where that went) and the tangible evidence of strong fan support (being the very existence of the PKW miniseries.) If Serenity succeeds and these guys DON'T get the greenlight for a Farscape movie, there's something seriously wrong.

My thoughts on when a movie should take place...I would completely accept a "flashback" type movie, but my personal preferrence would be something that takes place after Peacekeeper Wars. With almost every major plot thread tied up with the miniseries, they are fresh to start a brand new story. This would allow them to reintroduced the characters (especially if they've maybe gone their separate ways for a while and when they meet up again would be a perfect time to clue moviegoing newbies in on who everyone is and what their relationships are to each other.) And in a perfect world, we would find out that D'Argo is still alive with a surprise, dramatic return (and, even better, if they could keep it secret...maybe not even mentioning Anthony Simcoe as being in the cast until the end credits roll!) For us fans, it would be the equivalent of the Search for Spock.

Ah, we can dream, can't we?
Daredevil
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby lovingfarscape on Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:03 am

some reason if the movie would be made as a earlier farscape i wouldn't like it as much as if it was a movie made after pkw's but if it will bring in the fans then do it. Any way this is farscape any thing will do me. I just really want them to use the same chararcters and the actors because its not farscape with out them.

Yes i agree Daredevil Serenity is alot like farscape how they are trpped on a ship and there are six of them too. I watched the trailer and it looks really good im going to behind this all the way.

Could someone tell me what is Firefly is this the series of Serenity that i was told didn't get the fans it needed to stay on air??
this lavishly produced space adventure quickly established itself as the most irreverent, unpredictable, sexy, intelligent, and exciting sci-fi show on TV.Ben Browder and Claudia Black have incredible chemistry
lovingfarscape
Delvian Pa'u

Postby CactusWoman on Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:40 am

Encouraging news. Here's my two cents. I would vote for post PKW as well. I'd like to see Rygel get his throne back. In the last Farscape Magazine, Rockne wrote a story of many years in the future. In that story, Rygel had his throne back,Chiana had two husbands, Jhn and Aeryn and btw D'Argo had spent many years as 'rebel fighters' of one kind or another. They had three children, and Moya was a school. Many possibilities in that. So I'd like to see something that tied in with the plots Rockne has already envisioned.
FARSCAPE VIRTUAL SEASON 5 IS HERE!!!
The war may be over, but the story continues...
http://www.Freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
CactusWoman
Nebari Snurcher

Postby BritAngie on Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:11 am

Just to mention this is what Brian and Rockne and co were saying at the Burbank con last year. The only addition is that if Serenity does well it will grease the wheels somewhat to allow Brian to attract investment. Even if it doesn't it just means Brian would have to work harder. :)
BritAngie
Chocoholic Underling
Chocoholic Underling

Farscape on the big screen....oh yes please...

Postby IDanoi on Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:06 pm

yes yes yes, oh YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

However, tho I would love to see the crew reunited once more, I have one reservation... it must be a post PKwars scenario, and all the same crew MUST be in on it. On NO account should it be a remake of the original series. That would be impossible. I give the Red Dwarf for the US market disaster as a classic example. No one can take the place of our beloved characters - the chemistry between them all is one of the key components of the whole thing...

I would also like to beg forgivness for upsetting anyone the other day, with my my big mouth...( I dropped a clanger of a spoiler without thinking that not everyone has watched all of the seasons since day one. I myself, still haven't seen PKwars, as I have been living in france for the past 18 months, and didn't know of it's exsitance until a few weeks ago. I'm getting it for my birthday on DVD... ignorance can be bliss.) I on no account wish to offend or upset other Scapers, so please accept my heart felt appology. :oops:

TTFN
IDanoi
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Sandworm on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:54 pm

no problem, people understand mistakes are made.
:)
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Ghost Spike on Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:37 pm

I remember reading about the Farscape movie quite a while back in SFX when seasons 4 and 5 got picked up, then they said that if it were made it would be set during earlier 'scape.

However, now that we don't have a show I'm sure that they'd use the oppurtunity to continue the story, rather than a story in the past.
Ghost Spike
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Return to Future Farscape