Season 5: Revealed?

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Season 5: Revealed?

Postby gunmenoftheapocalypse on Sun May 29, 2005 12:19 am

Sorry, this must have been discussed to death but it's something I think about all the time - have David Kemper and the other writers ever revealed the basic plan they had for season 5, now that PK Wars has happened and whatever elements it took from their fifth season plan.

Am I right in thinking that season 5 was planned as the final season? Kemper's comment that the show was "80% complete" suggests that PK Wars followed the planned direction in some ways, but with 22 episodes and a large cast, there are many stories we have been denied, currently and probably forever.

If an existing thread contains all the answers I need, it would be fantastic if someone could link me to it. Thank you.
gunmenoftheapocalypse
Delvian Pa'u

Not sure

Postby Tiberius on Sun May 29, 2005 9:43 am

The biggest thing I would have hoped for season 5 would be getting rid of most of the season 4 writers.

I would have kept Justin Monjo, Ricky Manning, Ben Browder and David Kemper as writers, and sacked the rest. Especially Pekinpah who's contributions were mediocre.

Rumour had it that Kemper was in LA a lot and even he thought the show meandered without his constant attention. O'Bannon is on record saying they strayed and the best episodes were the earth episodes.
Tiberius
Luxan Warrior

Postby Blackjack Davy on Sun May 29, 2005 11:41 am

Claudia said that what was in PK wars was pretty much what DK had told her about how the show was intended to end. PK wars is pretty much a contraction of the entire 5th season IMO, if you look there are so many potential cliffhangers, plot twists etc that could easily have been expanded into entire episodes rather than squeezing them into 3 1/2 hours.

I believe it's been said that DK was planning to end it at the end of the 5th season because thats all that Scifi had given them, but he also said that he could have gone on writing Farscape forever.

Scifi preempted him and ended it prematurely.
Blackjack Davy
Delvian Pa'u

season 5?

Postby AERYNSUN on Sun May 29, 2005 12:12 pm

Well, In my opinion it would be great if there was a Season 5 for Farscape. I'm a great fan and I would like to have another season.

It's true that PK Wars left many cliffhangers, but I'm not sure if all would be solved in 22 episodes, I mean, they could be solved in less.

According to the great successs of the PK Wars wherever has been aired, not yet in Spain but I've watched the DVD many, many, many times, in muy opinion the next step is a theatrical movie.

I think it would give more space to the imagination of the writers to solve those cliffhangers and at last, let know such a wonderful show to the world, I mean where unfortunately has not yet arrived. And of course, the same cast and crew, obviously. (The alive ones)
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Rav Winston on Sun May 29, 2005 12:26 pm

I would have thought that with John and Aeryn out of the way for a few shows (filming Stargate, maybe), they could have focussed on Chiana and D'Argo and resolved that.

Was that ever in the works? Two months is a long time to be crystalized.
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby BritAngie on Mon May 30, 2005 8:52 am

Rav Winston wrote:I would have thought that with John and Aeryn out of the way for a few shows (filming Stargate, maybe), they could have focussed on Chiana and D'Argo and resolved that.

No it wasn't. Anthony Simcoe and Gigi were also doing other projects over that time too. Ben and Claudia weren't doing Stargate at that point. they didn't have enough time in the mini series for any kind of detail for the missing months. Infact alot of the mini got cut for the continuing storyline. They cut over an hour I think from it alone!
BritAngie
Chocoholic Underling
Chocoholic Underling

Postby Sandworm on Mon May 30, 2005 3:57 pm

Well, In my opinion it would be great if there was a Season 5 for Farscape. I'm a great fan and I would like to have another season.

I'm sure this is the point where I put on my advertising hat again. I dunno. you guys might want to check out V5.... up to you, obviously.

oh, and we are still looking for writers, if you feel you could contribute.....
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Arenzera on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:08 pm

BritAngie wrote:
Rav Winston wrote:I would have thought that with John and Aeryn out of the way for a few shows (filming Stargate, maybe), they could have focussed on Chiana and D'Argo and resolved that.

No it wasn't. Anthony Simcoe and Gigi were also doing other projects over that time too. Ben and Claudia weren't doing Stargate at that point. they didn't have enough time in the mini series for any kind of detail for the missing months. Infact alot of the mini got cut for the continuing storyline. They cut over an hour I think from it alone!

Dammit! I want a PKW Uncut DVD!!

Yet another thing I hate about some DVD releases these days - nobody goes and releases the full version of the movie. I'd love to see the extra 40 minutes cut out of Star Trek: Nemesis but Paramount are are bunch of *insert whining about Paramount, Rick Berman, Stuart Baird, et al here*.

Kiel :-)
Arenzera
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Arenzera on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:15 pm

Sandworm wrote:oh, and we are still looking for writers, if you feel you could contribute.....

I haven't done any writing in a while - I miss it - but when I get some time I'll think about a Farscape story and perhaps write one!

Kiel :-)
Arenzera
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:45 pm

jump on the thread in fan creativity, and let mars and midge know you're interested. they're the other two main writers, I guess....
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Ritual on Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:05 pm

We needed more Chiana in S5. 8)
Ritual
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:45 pm

There'll be enough Chiana for you, I'm sure.
We are being very careful to make sure all the characters get the time they need - so careful, in fact, that we have put some ideas off until a possible V6...
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Return to Future Farscape