Petition for return of Farscape

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Petition for return of Farscape

Postby scaper1000 on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:24 pm

everybody knows farscape is the best show on earth so i have decided to
start a partition.
basically put your name and a small coment bout why you would like to see
farscape return and if we get enough peeps then perhaps somebody up
there will help us out to get farscape to return!

sophie - farscape has changed my life and many others. BRING IT BACK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scaper1000
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Prowler on Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:32 pm

I'm sure you mean a petition
Prowler
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby amoz on Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:34 am

i just found farscape but I already want more!!! I will sign as proof that they will have even more fans then they did before if they come back.
Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. It will not be the abstaining from an act, but the coming of a state of mind. In this sense the most insignificant writer can serve peace, where the most powerful tribunals can do nothing.
amoz
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Sandworm on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:55 am

I would definitely sign a petition, too.
I always loved Farscape, it's really great.
:)
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Up From The Depths on Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:03 am

Don't want to be the party-pooper, but...

-internet petitions never accomplish anything. If you're going to start one, do it on paper, with real signatures and the post office and all that.

-if you absolutely have to confine your petition to the internet, this isn't the place. It's a gimme that almost everyone here wants more Farscape.

-and...........it so pains me to say it...........but I'd rather Farscape end forever than continue along the lines PKW was headed, so please stop right now. :twisted:
Up From The Depths
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Winona on Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:47 am

Your so cynical :lol: you totally make me laugh.. let them do what they can...
AND how can you slate PKW.. and HERE for that matter!.. it was a creative masterpiece, story wise and visually, and did more than it ever had to do for the show and the fans.

Guys don't listen to old grumpy :wink: :wink:
"the 'right thing' starts at the beginning of the day... not after you have been caught" - John Crichton to Rygel - Family Ties S1.22
Winona
Nebari Snurcher

Postby GameOverMan on Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:12 am

Up From The Depths wrote:Don't want to be the party-pooper, but...

-internet petitions never accomplish anything. If you're going to start one, do it on paper, with real signatures and the post office and all that.

-if you absolutely have to confine your petition to the internet, this isn't the place. It's a gimme that almost everyone here wants more Farscape.

-and...........it so pains me to say it...........but I'd rather Farscape end forever than continue along the lines PKW was headed, so please stop right now. :twisted:

do you have 2 be so grim ?
GameOverMan
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Sandworm on Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:42 pm

Well said, Winona.
respect.
I wanted to say som,ething like that, but I was afraid I might wend up being rude...
I'm with you there
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Urpling on Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:11 pm

Sandworm wrote:Well said, Winona.
respect.
I wanted to say som,ething like that, but I was afraid I might wend up being rude...
I'm with you there

Well, we all know that 'Up from the Depths' seems to enjoy being in an Underworld of doom and gloom...and so the reference to 'Up from' (in his/her handle) seems a little exaggerated...but for all that, I do believe that s/he has got a point.

I felt that Farscape was compromised by PKW. The mini series was a bit too fast and furious. There was so much emphasis placed on the whiz-bang-boom it resulted in little or no time for any contemplative stillness...(you know...those pregnant moments bursting with unspoken tension and meaning...leaving us to be intelligent enough to fill in the gaps). As a result PKW felt like a mutation...a kind of spin-off...shooting away from the supremely well-paced sprit of Farscape...at least as I understand it...

I know that Henson et al wanted to demonstrate what relatively small theatrical bucks could buy in terms of technical excellence (and visceral excitement)...so that investors would be more keen to throw dollars at an FS movie production costing a lot more...but I feel that in doing that, it sold out on something essential...something of Farsape's fundamental nature...it's soul, even...

It's hard for me to pin it down exactly...but it's something about trying too hard to please (too many people?)...and in doing so, you lose some of your precious integrity...and that's what made Farscape Season I - IV so rich...it didn't sell it's soul to the highest bidder...

I'm not sure that I can say the same about PKW...

(Forgive my being so candid, won't you?) :oops:
Urpling
Kalish Resistance

Postby Up From The Depths on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:49 pm

Winona wrote:Your so cynical :lol: you totally make me laugh.. let them do what they can...
AND how can you slate PKW.. and HERE for that matter!.. it was a creative masterpiece, story wise and visually, and did more than it ever had to do for the show and the fans.

Guys don't listen to old grumpy :wink: :wink:

I don't think I'm cynical at all...now, the dumbed-down pandering that was PKW, now that was cynical. And why wouldn't this board be the perfect place to "slate" it (I'm not sure what you mean by that, but your context suggests a likely possibility)?

I would like to hear just how PKW was a masterpiece story-wise and visually, but expecially story-wise. The PKW I saw was dutiful in resolving plots from the series in only the most obvious ways, and its wildest idea was a pregnant Rygel...and that's pretty sad.

Urpling...not at all. This board is often a little orgiastic in its praise for PKW, and I don't see how my contrary opinion puts me in an Underworld of doom and gloom, especially when that opinion is arrived at through my love of the things that made Farscape special in the first place.

I wouldn't read too much into the handle, which was just an off-the-cuff thing from when I forgot my Tyrannorabbit password and repeated attempts to get it back resulted in nothing.[/code]
Up From The Depths
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Newbie on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:56 pm

i agree with all of you.. i think the pkw was really great.. but i think the ending was a little TOO happy.. but i would be cool if they come up with more episodes.. :roll: :wink:
Jason Watt er glad
Rasmus Trads er flad
Britney Spears er sød
Kurt Cobain er død
Michael Stipe er vis

Wesley Snipes er fis
Jimmy Floyd er sort
OJ Simpson er spurgt

du’ et true love hug
som er mere yndefuld
du’ superliga
Du’ supersmuk
du’ supercool
du’ superfræk
Jeg’ supervæk

Go Nephew
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Winona on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:23 pm

Of course visually its a masterpiece (as far as the boundaries of TV can allow it to go) the CG is state of the art and at times a beautiful visual feast ..a creative symphony (one marvelous example is Moya plunging down to the planet and beyond.. ) Just compare the season one CG with what they can do now here in PKW...and be amazed!
The makeup/animatronics and costumes were of the standard that Henson can only excel at!
Of course it felt like it was at times to much ..AND why not??? lets face it, its the last EVER Farscape... The show to end the show!!! IT's a visual showcase/portfolio and two fingers in the face of any cynic...in other words, Henson et al showing off. And why shouldn't they? they are the best at what they do!
I agree the story was a little silly with Rygel and some other things.. but HELLO that's Farscape!! The FS science never was intended to be taken seriously.. we are not Star Trek! That's why we liked it, remember?
But sure, we already know all these things, right?

Upfromthedepths.. I imagine you prefered the ending we had to face in season four.. but I'd say a good hefty percent of the Scapers just wanted to see a fairytail ending... Fairytails tend to last and get past down throughout generations.. Carrie Fisher compared StarWars to just that.
... I for one am a lover of fairytales :D
"the 'right thing' starts at the beginning of the day... not after you have been caught" - John Crichton to Rygel - Family Ties S1.22
Winona
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Winona on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:33 pm

Story-wise.. it told everything that it needed to tell for a show to end the show.. it made many of us cry with relief the first time we finished watching it. If you were looking for something new to the story, PKW was not the arena to find it. So when I say the story was a masterpiece I mean in regard to the closure not the plot.
Winona
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Cattivo on Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:49 pm

Winona wrote:I'd say a good hefty percent of the Scapers just wanted to see a fairytail ending

So where does that leave the rest of us?
Last edited by Cattivo on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cattivo
Hynerian Dominar

More farscape

Postby Little Grey Girl on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:16 pm

I'm new to Farscape and i can't get enough of it.
It's unfair that they had to cancel a good thing.
Little Grey Girl
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Next

Return to Future Farscape