Possible spin offs??? (no spoilers please)

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Possible spin offs??? (no spoilers please)

Postby johnnyboy41 on Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:12 am

I'm a bit late coming to farscape as I've only just got to the middle of season 3.. fantastic stuff..

I was wondering if there is any news of any spin offs for the show.. I do so hate things when they end.. hell it seems that there is a huge following.

sorry if this seems lame to ask but I'm new.
johnnyboy41
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby johnnyboy41 on Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:23 pm

(shrugs?????)

well any news??
johnnyboy41
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Emram on Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:30 pm

As far as I am aware, there are no definite plans for any continuation of the Farscape saga, but there are various ideas that Henson's are open to, which include a feature film, an anime movie or series, spin offs and further minin series.

Another season is also something they would do, but this is, currently, the least likely (or so I understand). It hasn't been all that long since PKW, so I would imagine we'll have to wait for quite some time before any definite decisions are made - I'm not expecting to hear anything till 2006 at the earliest.
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby nebari@heart on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:12 pm

but what i would say, jb41, is that the feelings, i think are posative, because almost everyone is reluctant to just let go. farscape has so much potential, and and as long as we keep believing and having ideas (some crazym though they are :wink: ), Farscape is not over yet. yet is a term i like to use lightly in this circumstance, for it would be nice to thing that it could go on forver. but it has to end sometime. i just don't feel, as i'm sure neither do many others, that Farscape's time is up yet.
nebari@heart
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Ritual on Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:47 am

I think there's a chance it will be revived. If Farscape does return, such as another mini, it should be with Gigi as the star. We need a Chiana mini! 8)
Ritual
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Emram on Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:55 pm

Nari - my post did look a little negatie, but that wasn't my intent! I don't know whether we will ever see any more Farscape, but I certainly hope so. All I meant was, it takes a long time to get things sorted out, so I'm not expecting any definite news - "New Farscape Mini Series Airing On Sci Fi" for instance - until '06. Rumour and speculation, though, will keep us busy until such time!
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Chiana mini

Postby iwtv on Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:41 pm

Some serious unity with you there, Ritual!
Anarchistic runaway!!
iwtv
Delvian Pa'u

Postby nebari@heart on Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:39 pm

Emram wrote:Nari - my post did look a little negatie, but that wasn't my intent! I don't know whether we will ever see any more Farscape, but I certainly hope so. All I meant was, it takes a long time to get things sorted out, so I'm not expecting any definite news - "New Farscape Mini Series Airing On Sci Fi" for instance - until '06. Rumour and speculation, though, will keep us busy until such time!

yeh - i know what you mean, i think i am actually beginning to come to terms with it, *kind of* with the possability that this *may* be it. i'm training myself to pin my hopes elsewhere - as it was you, emram, who said somewhere that obsession can be a bad thing. it made me realise that there is more to life than farscape. :cry: which has to be a good thing, right? man, this bpard has helped me so much! it's kinda sad really.. :?

Nari
nebari@heart
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Emram on Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:09 pm

Farscape, no matter how good it is, is only a TV show. While it is important to me, I don't think that it is more important than anything else, and if we don't get any more (although we'd better!), I won't kill myself.

To lighten the modd a little, the good news, kids, is that something else will come along that will fill the hole. Nothing will replace Farscape - that would be like saying getting remarried would replace someone's deceased spouse - but something will enter your life with the same impact that Farscape had. Remember that feeling? Watching the show for the very first time, and thinking "Wow."

There are so many experiences to be had out there, that something, eventually, will be as good as Farscape was, and still is. It might be a series of novels, or a hobby, or a new friend, or a boyfriend, girlfriend or baby. Whatever it is, whenever it arrives, it will happen.
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby CdnFarscape on Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:42 am

Emram wrote:Farscape, no matter how good it is, is only a TV show. While it is important to me, I don't think that it is more important than anything else, and if we don't get any more (although we'd better!), I won't kill myself.

To lighten the modd a little, the good news, kids, is that something else will come along that will fill the hole. Nothing will replace Farscape - that would be like saying getting remarried would replace someone's deceased spouse - but something will enter your life with the same impact that Farscape had. Remember that feeling? Watching the show for the very first time, and thinking "Wow."

There are so many experiences to be had out there, that something, eventually, will be as good as Farscape was, and still is. It might be a series of novels, or a hobby, or a new friend, or a boyfriend, girlfriend or baby. Whatever it is, whenever it arrives, it will happen.

Again, very well put, Emram... you have a gift with words...

Cdn
CdnFarscape
Kalish Resistance

Postby thoth on Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:50 am

I think it would be great if Farscape could come back as a series and just pick up where it left off. Alas, with everything that's happened that's probably the least likely scenario. But if it did happen, I think it should look something like this:

--EXTERIOR: Shot of Moya skimming the atmosphere of a large planet. The docking web is deployed. Suddenly, two bodies are seen falling into the web.--

John: Wahhhh-hoo!!!

--John and Lil' D fall into the billowing net of the docking web outside Moya. D'Argo appears to be the size of a 7 year-old child and is enjoying the experience, laughing, but not speaking--

--CUT TO: Inside Moya's docking bay, J and D approaching corridor.--

John: And THAT is why you do NOT look down, no matter how close...

*Aeryn is found standing with her arms crossed sternly before them. Face serious. Cut to John's bemused face. Cut back to Aeryn's disapproving face... just a little longer... and her expression melts into an honest wide-grinning smile as if to say "Gotcha!"*

CUT TO: J and A walking down corridor with D holding their hands and swingingly freely between them.

John: So... halfway to Hyneria and by the time you can say "peek-a-boo," what? You mean to say he keeps growing like this?

Aeryn: Well, John, living on a command carrier, Peacekeepers can't expect to have their altricial young crawling about unattended and still perform their duties.

John: Aeryn, just tell me D'Argo will still be able to sit in Santa's lap by next Christmas.

Aeryn: *good humouredly* It should stop...

John: Here it comes, twelve fingers, twelve toes...

Aeryn: _should_ stop at this stage for a good while, resuming growth by about fourteen cycles. Until having learned to perform basic tasks, an inexperienced adolescent aboard a Peacekeeper vessel would simply be a waste of rations. Assuming the genetic modifications he's inherited...

John: *turning to D and crouching to his level* And if your first words are a string of technobabble, you'll be scrubbing Rygel's bed pan every morning until you're a hundred and twenty-one.

--CUT--

EXTERIOR: Shot of leviathan transport pod in orbit.
INTERIOR: Transport pod with Rygel at the controls, Noranti milling about behind him.

Noranti: Remind me again why we've been sitting in close quarters for over three arns drifting in space?

Rygel: It's something Pilot said about the radiation in this planet's rings. It has some sort of scattering effect that makes any communications channel damn near impossible to track to it's source. It's a perfect base of operations, and if I'm going to take back my throne I'll need to coordinate every baron, every vassal who will gladly turn before I come strolling back to Hyneria... *gasp*

--Rygel appears to experience some sort of respiratory problems akin to an asthma attack--

Noranti: Here, quick. Breathe deeply. *blows a powder off her hand into Rygels face*

Rygel: ... *heave* oh dren... three hundred cycles I've been kept a prisoner and kept patient. No more waiting. Espescially with the Qujagan Accords in place, the shock of the war is already starting to wear off and Bishan will soon regain what influence had been wavering... If ever I am to regain my throne...

Noranti: And do you think, with all the allies you've conspired to rally, that those who have been closest to you while you've had no subjects to speak of are willing to go through the troubles this entails?

Rygel: *thinking of the crew of Moya* Willing, yes. But deserving? *solemnly closes eyes and bows his head*

--CUT TO: Pilot's Den inside Moya--

Chiana: *pacing in front of Pilot* Dammit, Ryge... and how many times has he gone out there?

Pilot: This will have been his fifth excursion since arriving in this system.

Chiana: I don't frelling believe it. I mean, who knows who he's been talking to out there putting himself in danger and...

Pilot: Clearly, you are... anxious to get to Hyneria.

Chiana: *shaking head* No no no, anxious doesn't cut it.

*J, A, and D enter Pilot's Den*

John: Well if kissing frogs ain't your thing, you're certainly free to back out...

Chiana: I, I... you see...

Aeryn: *delicately* Chiana, he would have understood.

John: On the other hand it can't hurt to make the visit, catch some rays, get a tan... err, or not. But no need to be afraid of what you'll find there.

Chiana: More like afraid of what I won't find there...

Pilot: I'm... detecting a vessel... it just came out of nowhere.

Aeryn: *using comms* Rygel, Noranti, you'd better get back on board on the double!

Pilot: It's heading for the transport pod. I can't identify it.

John: Rygel!

--CUT TO: Interior of transport pod--

*the transport pod shakes violently and Rygel and Noranti are rocked by the motion*

Rygel: What in Yotz name...

*side wall of the pod is blasted open by explosives. Through the opening march a contingent of Hynerians with rifles. The lead Hynerian commando has a weapon aimed squarely at Rygel and squints cunningly.*

--Roll Opening Credits--

My name is John Crichton
An atronaut...
Four years ago I was shot through a wormhole
To the far end of the universe...
I've made friends... enemies...
I've started a family...
... and I've made history...
But no one must ever know that I am still alive
So that those I love may never face the nightmares I've seen
But live in peace, and to share... the wonders I've seen...

And that's all I've got. Suffice it to say, once we get into the Hynerian commandos the production costs become quite prohibitive. :roll:
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:13 am

That is brilliant!
:)
so cool.
Ed
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby scapecadet on Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:34 am

Wow, more please and make sure you copy Brian Henson on this :!:

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Emram on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:53 pm

CdnFarscape wrote:Again, very well put, Emram... you have a gift with words...

Cdn

I'm really starting to like all these compliments, Cdn - please, feel free to continue!

Thoth - really liking that, going in the same kindo of direction I'm thinking. although the production costs would be horrendous with my ideas as well!

I think that Rygel trying to get his throne back is the way any future Farscape would go, or certainly start off with - Rygel is the only memeber of the crew who actually has a goal, the others either have no idea what to do next, or their plan has been ruined by certain events...

I won't say any more than that, but if you've watched the mini, you should know what I mean.
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby nebari@heart on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:15 pm

my friend and i were discussing the other day that we think Ryg should take over earth, or like another galaxy elsewhere, or something, with chi as his sidekick, and together they would lead the nebari revolution..or something...can't remember everything, but yeah - i think following rygel's story would be a great thing.

and by the way, emram, i totally agree with cdn - everything you say is so perfectly put. is this upping your ego? :wink: i hope so :lol:

Nari

p.s yay! i'm a delvian Pa'u!! gone are the newbie days! hazaaaa!!
nebari@heart
Delvian Pa'u

Next

Return to Future Farscape