New Adventures of Farscape (spoilers for the mini series)

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

New Adventures of Farscape (spoilers for the mini series)

Postby blitzkreg on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:26 am

I for one would like to see Farscape return with John and Aeryn raising their son D'ARGO. I would begin the story with the way the mini-series ended. But it will start with the same observation deck that John held his son up to the stars on. The camera would pull in, and there we would see D'ARGO SUN Crichton ( 8-10 years old). Now D'argo Crichton is a special kid with wonderous abilities due to the fact that his mother is a peacekeeper....but what makes his abilities fantastic is that John Crichton was the weilder of wormhole technology. Some of that knowlegle....a genetic trait passed on from his father is now imbedded within little D'argo. He posesses the ability to see the future 2.5 minutes ahead, he also can teleport himself and one other. There are other suttle abilities including he can breathe under water ( a trait inherited from the time in spent inside of rygel) and he can hover in the air for a short amount of time. In the opening episode, we will see a new enemy attack Moya and in the incident, Aeryn would be taken hostage into another dimension. John Crichton would then round up some of the original crew ( amonst three new editions) And off they go on a trek to save Areyn from certin doom. During the series, John has to come to terms with raising his son alone all the while fighting the various species that moya comes in contact with. The twist to the story is the dimension that Areyn is held in...it also holds the planet that D'ARGo was on when it was absorbed/destroyed by the worm hole weapon created in the peacekeeper wars. And there is a reason why D'ARGO Crichton has been drawn there with his father and the rest of Moya's crew. Of course...this all doesn't happen in one episode, but at the conclusion of the series...well...that's just an idea I had to take the Farscape universe in another direction.
blitzkreg
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Scorpius_son on Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:32 pm

hmm it has potential

the only thing i little D miss out the wondrous abilities bit that sounds too corny i like the idea of a wormhole dwelling race they could be a race that has been observin the real space for a while and are beginning to consider conquerin the real space species absorbing their worlds into their own empire and they could also posess a wormhole weapon!!! :shock:

the Peacekeepers and Scarrens could start merging their forces into a cross coalition in the first scenes we could see a joint peacekeeper Scarren fleet being attacked by the wormhole race as they launch their first assault on the real space world

later as John strives to find aeryn he could be approched by Scorpius to bulid the first cross engineered Leviathan/Command carrier which couldbe called the Crichton Sun in honour of their accomplishments in savin the galaxy and secuing peace between the scarrens and the peacekeepers
this coud be used as the ship which the reunited cast uses to find aeryn and stop the Wormhole race in the meanwhile the wormhole aliens launch a attack on the Luxan homeworld and a old friend long dead returns to save his people plus Scorpius is approached with an intriging offer one he finds very hard to refuse

so theres my idea hope u like

Cya

Scorpius_Son
Aka
Paul
Once upon a time there was a boy called John and he lived on a planet called Earth so far away you no nothing about it John was a Astronaut and whilst out doin astronaut stuff was swallowed up by a huge wormhole and spat out on the other side of the galaxy!!!
Scorpius_son
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby odedh on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:16 pm

NO NO NO

that means no Aeryn, Farscape with John and not Aeryn can't work, if you're gonna do a spinoff or anything else for that matter, either you use them both or neither of them
odedh
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Slywolf on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:33 am

sound to an extent.. but the abilitys are really way to corny and the whole Aeryn leaving for amost half the series has been done to death. how dose he get the whole flying and genetic trait thing? neather Aeryn or John have that ability.

One thing that i could see happen in the future that is a bit of a stretch of its own is that D'argo Sun Chriton has a love intrest somewhere down the road with Grayza's daughter. Know that would steam John up and would follow in Farscapes twisted type of universe. lol.

Other then the line "for our children, ill agree to a settlement." I never understood why Grayza was pregnent.
Slywolf
Luxan Warrior

Postby scapecadet on Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:04 am

Well, the actress was heavily pregnant for starters, so it was easier to work it into the story. Plus it opened up nice possibilities (ei your quote, giving her a plausible reason to cave in and who is the father - John or the PK guy?)

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Rav Winston on Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:45 pm

Hey! I like the idea of Crichton's son falling in love with Grayza's daughter!

Tak jo! as they say.

And would it be Maryk's daughter or Crichton's? Ah, "the course of true love never did run smooth...."
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Slywolf on Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:57 pm

scapecadet wrote:Well, the actress was heavily pregnant for starters, so it was easier to work it into the story.

that helps out. didnt know she was pregnant already. thx
John: Im about to have a heart attack.
D'argo: What are you doing?
John: Im making like an army....... D!
D'argo: wow
John: Holy Montana!
Slywolf
Luxan Warrior

Postby scapecadet on Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:26 pm

Slywolf wrote:
scapecadet wrote:Well, the actress was heavily pregnant for starters, so it was easier to work it into the story.

that helps out. didnt know she was pregnant already. thx

That's alright, Slywolf, anytime. :)

scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Wold it really be so good with a future farscape

Postby Dannie on Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:23 pm

Hello I must say as starter! I am new here at Farscape World but I am delighted to finally have found a place to express my feelings and thoughts about Farscape.

Saw that the discussion is rather hot in wanting a future farscape which hey! i wouldn't mind but something tells me that I would be more disipointed than happy in another season. You have all discussed great ideas I really must say but to be honest, I don't want any more farscape. I think it is just great has it is. I prefer using my imagination and letting them have the quiet life they finaly (hopefully) got.

Don't you think Chrichton and Aeryn would be a bit pist if they all of a sudden had to take arms and having a twisted life again? I would think so.

No I must say it is better for everyone's sake to let the people on Moya have some future rest. Because frankly, I don't think Chrichton would have manage much more!

//Dannie
Dannie
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Emram on Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:59 pm

Rav Winston wrote:Hey! I like the idea of Crichton's son falling in love with Grayza's daughter!

They could make Farscape really dark by having D Junior and Baby Grayza falling in love, and then finding out JC was father to both...

Not too sure that would be suitable for a large part of the Farscape audience, though!
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby TRINITY on Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:46 pm

I for one would like to see Natira return with a collection of bad guys in tow who want their money back from the Shadow Depository. I also feel Scorpy still has scores to settle, peace treaty or not. Maybe a threat to Earth might be a possible story, although thats been done many times in Sci-Fi,

What about Crichton kicks the Cylons intergalactic backside whilst keeping the Star Gate well and truely locked! :D
O Hello Blue Eyes
TRINITY
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Sevgrlx on Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:12 pm

I'm still new to the Farscape world so I'm rather agast at the fact that Grayza's child could be John's.....when did this happen?

I'd love to see Farscape continue with the Adventures of little D, perhaps Chiana can be his "yoda" now that would be a twist. :wink:
Don't nnntz me!
Sevgrlx
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Dannie on Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:39 am

I feel guite sure that Grazya's daughter not is John's child. I knew the show is and supose to be twisted but honestly, that twist of story is a little bit to much even for Farscape. Besides, would it be like copying Star Wars if they turn out to be syblings?

But the love story would work. Father Crichton probebly wouldn't be to happy about that!

But in my opinion, I hope all these ideas will stay ideas. I don't want to see any more farscape episodes made. I show should always finished while on top, just like farscape was. Otherwise the show risk to continue on and on and on till noone remembers it like a great show, but as a show ''running for ever''=boring! No thank you! I love farscape but I am quite satisfied with the one's already existing.

//Dannie
Dannie
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby scapecadet on Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:03 pm

Emram wrote:
Rav Winston wrote:Hey! I like the idea of Crichton's son falling in love with Grayza's daughter!

They could make Farscape really dark by having D Junior and Baby Grayza falling in love, and then finding out JC was father to both...

Not too sure that would be suitable for a large part of the Farscape audience, though!

Dannie took the words right out of my mouth with the connection to Star Wars. But I think it could work - they would not have to be in love, but could feel this strange affinity and inexplicable insight into each other's minds. This would make for some interesting stories, especially if they were on the opposite sides. What would be interesting to see or wonder about is whether Grayza, Crichton or Aeryn would have any suspicions.
I don't think the idea of Grayza's child being John's was necessarilly there from the point in WWL, but FS has always been great at using opportunities presenting themselves to twist the story a little. To my mind, a seed has been planted by the fact that Grayza's child is female - I am sure someone in the team is plotting already..

But one think I must stress very strongly - I absolutely want more FS, because I am confident it has not reached the point where it can only go downhill - the quality of people behind it guarantees it has plenty of strength in it to climb way higher. That is my belief, anyway.

scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sandworm on Tue May 17, 2005 11:38 am

If you liked that, try checking out V5, on the Fan creativity forum. or the webby on my sig.
:)
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Next

Return to Future Farscape