why isnt it a movie?! (spoilers and spoiler photos)

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

why isnt it a movie?! (spoilers and spoiler photos)

Postby SCORPIUS on Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:22 pm

why isnt it a movie?! i watched the full trailer and its so much like a movie trailer its unbelievable!!! surley a four hour mini series could of been cut down into a film or even a two parter film, each lasting 2 hours like the episodes! why are they being done on sci-fi and not at the cinema?! it would of been so good if you could go and see it the big screen! who agrees?
I WOZ ERE
ERE I WOZ
WOZ I ERE
YES I WOZ
SCORPIUS
Delvian Pa'u

Re: why isnt it a movie?!

Postby Dani Moure on Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:29 pm

SCORPIUS wrote:why isnt it a movie?! i watched the full trailer and its so much like a movie trailer its unbelievable!!! surley a four hour mini series could of been cut down into a film or even a two parter film, each lasting 2 hours like the episodes! why are they being done on sci-fi and not at the cinema?! it would of been so good if you could go and see it the big screen! who agrees?

As Brian Henson has said himself, for a movie to actually get funding you really need a story that can stand alone as a movie, and keep complete newbies interested. You couldn't do that after season 4 because of where the story was. You'd NEED to see the series to understand that John and Aeryn need putting back together, and all the complex relationships etc. The mini should get the story to a point more appropriate to launch a movie.

Not to mention a movie of two parts would get 0 funding off the back of a cancelled series. The movie business is, in many ways, far more ruthless than the TV business. It just wouldn't fly. The mini really was the best outlet I could've thought of at this stage (outside of a 5th season, which was always the biggest outside shot). It opens up so many possibilities if its successful, way more than another season. And it could potentially open up the chance of a movie.
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Postby SCORPIUS on Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:38 pm

hmmm... a massive load of good points there and i suppose your correct! the mini is looking fab though, really good and i dont think that it is possible for it to fail in any way!

ps. anyone know who this is?:

he looks like a peacekeeper commander and if he is, what happened to braca and where does scorpy stand?
I WOZ ERE
ERE I WOZ
WOZ I ERE
YES I WOZ
SCORPIUS
Delvian Pa'u

Postby FrellingFrek on Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:44 pm

SCORPIUS wrote:ps. anyone know who this is?:

he looks like a peacekeeper commander and if he is, what happened to braca and where does scorpy stand?

He looks like Zelkin, the Zenetan pirate Chiana shot in the crotch in "Liars, Guns, and Money: Plan B".
50% of this is lunacy, 50% of these riches is not enough, 100% of this is DEATH! --- Rygel
FrellingFrek
Luxan Warrior

Postby BrentBarrett on Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:05 pm

Same actor. Different character. Braca is in the trailer, a couple of times. He's a blur mostly, though, as he's in action shots.
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Re: why isnt it a movie?!

Postby thoth on Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:26 pm

Dani Moure wrote:The mini should get the story to a point more appropriate to launch a movie.

What's more is that we've been hearing from people like Ben, Claudia and Brian Henson that that was the express intent behind the way the miniseries would be handled.

"Quite frankly, if the series had been in a different place when we ended Season Four, we probably would have done a film. But it wasn't a suitable juncture from a standpoint of the story, and oddly enough there actually seems to be a concern from the standpoint of the creative people involved in Farscape to tell the story, not just to make product. So doing the mini-series was getting the story to a place where they felt, 'Okay, the next logical step is a film'. Of course, that doesn't preclude the idea of a series, because films get turned into series, but I think that Farscape would make a very interesting film, certainly cinematically and creatively." --Ben Browder, TV Zone issue #179 (as exerpted in the Farscapeworld news section)

So no film for now, but rest assured that after the mini it's clear that enough threads will have been tied up to make a stand-alone movie project entirely workable. Cross your fingers and spank the Nielsens because if the numbers back us up, Farscape will go the whole way. :P
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SCORPIUS on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:55 pm

i have a few more questions (sorry!) and theries! here goes, ill use some pics to help!

is the person playing staleek in the mini a different actor to the one in season 4?

at the end of the trailer, is this the scarren ship being blown up?:

why would the scarrens rip off scorps coolent system?!

is this the return of einstein?:

and last but not least, who the hell is that ahkna look-a-like?!:
I WOZ ERE
ERE I WOZ
WOZ I ERE
YES I WOZ
SCORPIUS
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Dani Moure on Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:52 pm

SCORPIUS wrote:is the person playing staleek in the mini a different actor to the one in season 4?

Yes. Sounds the same and looks the same.

It looks to me like a Scarran Death Star. :lol:

why would the scarrens rip off scorps coolent system?!

In hopes he'll die a slow, painful death? Or at least suffer a lot?

is this the return of einstein?:

Certainly is. You didn't think he wouldn't be in there, did you?

and last but not least, who the hell is that ahkna look-a-like?!

Looks like a Scarran torture queen/nurse if you ask me. :P
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Postby The Flax on Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:01 am

Dani Moure wrote:
SCORPIUS wrote:is the person playing staleek in the mini a different actor to the one in season 4?

Yes. Sounds the same and looks the same.

Looks like a front of a dreadnaught to me tbh
============
You're caught in the Flax!
The Flax
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby BrentBarrett on Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:52 am

The Flax wrote:Looks like a front of a dreadnaught to me tbh

Eeeyup.
The John and Aeryn Site

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby SCORPIUS on Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:49 pm

that trailer really is good, some people say its not good enough to draw people in but ive loved farscape for ages, and this drew me in more than anything! it truly is going to spectacular! the scarrens are looking proper evil and... well, just better than ever before!!! Image one more thing though:

that chair thing, it looks quite scary, but what the hell is it?! :?

plus, someone before said staleek looks and sounds the same and, admitidly he looks the same but he sounds VERY different! wow, i still cant get over how good this is gonna be though! Image
I WOZ ERE
ERE I WOZ
WOZ I ERE
YES I WOZ
SCORPIUS
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Dani Moure on Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:53 pm

The Flax wrote:
Dani Moure wrote:
SCORPIUS wrote:at the end of the trailer, is this the scarren ship being blown up?:

Looks like a front of a dreadnaught to me tbh

Yes, hence the "lol" smiley. When I first saw the trailer on Wednesday, I was full of alcohol, and didn't really understand what I was seeing. When it got to the end, I was like, "why is the Death Star in the trailer?!?" :lol:
.dani//MOURE
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Postby BrentBarrett on Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:18 pm

SCORPIUS wrote:that chair thing, it looks quite scary, but what the hell is it?! :?

My guess? It's a variation on a displacement engine/neural interface device that lets John use Moya as a displacement engine when creating wormholes. I think (pure speculation) that use of this device is harmful to him and that's what he and Aeryn are discussing when she says, "You do what you HAVE to do." And I also think this may be what he uses to destroy that dreadnought in the picture above.

We see him collapse after using it, so this may also be what puts him in that bed we see him in early on in the trailer. And maybe why Aeryn looks so distraught (hand to mouth like she did in IP when he died). If that's the case, then the reason they look so emotional in that "You do what you HAVE to do" scene is that she may realize she's sending him off to die.

All speculation and based on no knowledge but what's in the trailer, but if it's anywhere close to true, wow, that's gonna be emotional.
The John and Aeryn Site

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby datsdewody on Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:23 pm

If that's the case, then the reason they look so emotional in that "You do what you HAVE to do" scene is that she may realize she's sending him off to die.

That fits, but do you really think Aeryn would send her Johnny off to die?

I would've thought that she's in trouble and he has to choose (yes yes the dreaded C word haha) between risking Aeryn or saving the KNOWN UNIVERSE or something catastrophic

so she's all fallen soldier and he's like "nobody gets left behind" and she's like "NOOo you have to" and he says "but I love you" and she says "you do what you have to do"

cue shippers meltdown :)

It's funny how we're just sucking EVERY tidbit of information we get completely dry of any juciness...like leeches

WE'RE LEECHES!! LEECHES I TELL YOU!!! AAAH
datsdewody
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Cattivo on Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:45 am

SCORPIUS wrote:ps. anyone know who this is?...he looks like a peacekeeper commander and if he is, what happened to braca and where does scorpy stand?

My guess is he's the top guy in the PK hierarchy - the leader of the PK council or something...
Cattivo
Hynerian Dominar

Next

Return to Future Farscape