tv guide article on ben browder (spoiler speculation)

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

tv guide article on ben browder (spoiler speculation)

Postby johncrichton411 on Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:55 am

anyone else read this article, more specifically this quote:

"When we come back to the story, they're still in 275,000 pieces," Browder laughs. "But I don't think I'm giving much away to say that Crichton and Aeryn return. However, it may not be the Crichton that people remember...."

not the crichton we remember... the curiousity is killing me.. any thoughts?
always save crichton
johncrichton411
Luxan Warrior

Postby BrentBarrett on Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:36 am

My first thought was, "Oh for frell's sake, they're gonna bring back Talyn John," but then I realized that isn't what he meant (and isn't what could possibly be happening). If you've seen the short clip released of the "de-crystalization" (see the front news page here), then you know it can't be Talyn John who comes back. The John who is de-crystalized KNOWS what "just" (to him) happened (he was in the boat, attacked, and BAM he's here).

But I am wondering if this might be a hint about something else that I thought might be cool a few weeks ago when I was day-dreaming (*sigh* I get bored at work a lot)... What if, somehow, in order to fully "restore" them, they had to do some sort of spiritual thing as well (like Aeryn called it, "a unity thing"). And what if the two halves of John, once both were dead, re-united. Then this new John would be the reunion of the two, and, thus, not the same John we saw at the end of the series. In fact, this one would have the memories of both Johns.

Hmm...
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Emram on Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:16 pm

Maybe, when he is re-formed, the whole process has un-hinged his mind, and he is now a crazy son of a beeatch! Kind of like he was when the neural clone was taking over, and he was fighting it off. I think it might be cool to see John striding around exploding things everywhere.

I don't actually think that this will happen, because Crichton is an ALL AMERICAN HERO, and frankly they just don't do that kind of thing, but there may well be some changes to his personality that result from being crystallised
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby amoracchius on Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:05 pm

Well being turned into powdery crystals and then reconstituted would take a toll on anybody so it wouldn't suprise me to see some radical changes. What I'm most concerened about is leaving enough story open for another season or two without the "to be continued" feel that we had been left with before. No chance of Henson & Co or SciFi leaving us all in the lurch I'm sure, but as to how they will end things....that I'm not so sure about.[/i]
Ben Browder as Cody Westcott ~ Frelling good
www.teeswithatwist.com
amoracchius
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby BrentBarrett on Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:25 pm

I think there're tons of ways they can give us some sense of "closure" and still leave the door open for many more adventures. All they have to do is leave them on Moya running from someone and voila...
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Re: tv guide article on ben browder

Postby datsdewody on Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:10 pm

johncrichton411 wrote:anyone else read this article, more specifically this quote:

"When we come back to the story, they're still in 275,000 pieces," Browder laughs. "But I don't think I'm giving much away to say that Crichton and Aeryn return. However, it may not be the Crichton that people remember...."

not the crichton we remember... the curiousity is killing me.. any thoughts?

WOAH what's he saying?! Not the Crichton people remember?? Aargh I'm getting all twitchy waiting and waiting!

What if it IS Talyn-John?! Talk about a curveball!
datsdewody
Delvian Pa'u

Re tv guide article on Ben Browder

Postby scaperbrit on Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:19 pm

Frell!! I keep telling myself not to read anything else about PK Wars but I just can't stop myself. I won't sleep tonight trying to guess what new twist they have come up with this time. :lol:
scaperbrit
Luxan Warrior

different john after decrystallization?

Postby Callie on Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:41 pm

Yeah, I think that the Talyn John and Moya John being merged into one after decrystallization sounds like something Farscape might do. That is so farscape! I hope they do that. Sounds cool. :P
Callie
Luxan Warrior

Return to Future Farscape