Condition for a new Farscape Season

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Condition for a new Farscape Season

Postby FrellingFrek on Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:14 pm

First of all, I'd like to state that this is my first time here. I'm sure opinions are appreciated. :D
So anyway I was just pondering about the other's statement for a fifth season. They do have a point. I/we may not be sure what kind of device is being used to measure t.v. ratings. But I guess a high t.v. rating for the mini-series would definitely boost the chances of ever reviving Farscape.
In lieu of this, I think those people in Sci-fi channel must be careful enough to schedule the mini-series at a date where most of the fans/viewers are all glued to their televisions. Afterall, we all have our priorities to fulfill. And since most fans are doubtful of the T.V. ratings measuring system, I guess this would be a solution-----PLACE THE MINI-SERIES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. Not on a Friday just like when the show was running then. Probably that's one reason why they always have low ratings.....Anyway, that's all and much thanks to the moderator.
FrellingFrek
Luxan Warrior

Postby SCORPIUS on Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:20 pm

a good idea but everyone watches tele on a friday and weekends! that may be the right time to put it on, a saturday afternoon slot might do it! if/when bbc show the mini i have a feeling lots more people will spot it!
I WOZ ERE
ERE I WOZ
WOZ I ERE
YES I WOZ
SCORPIUS
Delvian Pa'u

mini series airing

Postby lady of the uncharteds on Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:48 pm

I think pushing it around to so late on Fridays was bad for the show in the US - although I will admit to the geekish habit of making sure I was home in time for it every time. My friends made fun of me but I am a shameless Scaper. Has anyone heard if they are going to air it over 4 weeks or four consecutive days? :?:
lady of the uncharteds
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby SCORPIUS on Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:49 pm

THATS WHAT I WANNA KNOW! but i dont think anyone does...
I WOZ ERE
ERE I WOZ
WOZ I ERE
YES I WOZ
SCORPIUS
Delvian Pa'u

Re: mini series airing

Postby thoth on Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:57 pm

lady of the uncharteds wrote:Has anyone heard if they are going to air it over 4 weeks or four consecutive days? :?:

Going soley by the past history of the Sci-Fi channel's treatment of miniseries, I would guess that the first two hours would air one day and the next two hours aired the immediately following day. Thios would proably be followed up the following weekend with back-to-back reruns of both parts of the mini. Note that I'm operating under the assumption that it will be divided into two 2-hour parts.
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Hay on Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:06 pm

Does anyone know if the bbc gonna pick up the mini, cos if they don't i might have to bribe one of my mates (who have sky) to tape it for me!!
"Damn, Smokey, you can't argue with a woman!"
John Crichton - Meltdown
Hay
Luxan Warrior

Postby Emeraldcity on Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:36 pm

The series was written as two 90 minute segments........so allowing for commercials, etc., it may come out as 2, 2hour segments.
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Re: Condition for a new Farscape Season

Postby Havisham on Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:33 am

What would be great is if Sci-Fi broadcasts the mini-series over and over again like what they do with other mini-series.

I mean, how many times did they air "5 Weeks 'Till Midnight" [I think that's what it was called]? Air it over and over, so that more and more viewers can get a chance to watch it.

I'd watch it anytime though... probably over and over again too!

~Havi ->unemployed college student :roll:, which explains the free time :lol:
Lle desiel?
Havisham
Delvian Pa'u

Postby ladytass2001 on Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:58 pm

Definately wouldn't mind them airing it over and over and over--kind of like they did with Taken. put it on one night then show the same episode and a new episode then the new one again. Would definately make it so everyone could see it.
Blessed Be
There is no end. There is no begining,There is only the Passionfor ....Life
Federico Fellini
ladytass2001
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Havisham on Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:14 pm

I forgot all about Taken! The only reason why I was able to see the whole mini-series was because it was so frequently aired and I was forced to watch. I ended up liking it.

Sci-Fi should definitely do the same for Farscape too.
Lle desiel?
Havisham
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:24 am

people shouldn't need to be fored to like scape

(another shameless scaper)

and it had BETTER come on BBC.

there is nothing to watch any night of the week now
:(

not even trek...
:(

Ed
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby aeryn_sun on Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:16 pm

Yeah, before Farscape was cancelled (I'm still asking myself why the 'powers that be' decided to cancel an award winning show and replace it with Tremors the series :shock: :roll: ). Yup on BBC2 now during weekdays there be nowt on the box worth watching. And Farscape had a pretty good time slot of 6pm. (But I've solved that problem as I've got Farscape on DVD :D )
C'mon Auntie Beeb get Farscape Peacekeeper War.
aeryn_sun
Luxan Warrior

Re: Condition for a new Farscape Season

Postby Havisham on Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:39 am

Found you! :D
Lle desiel?
Havisham
Delvian Pa'u

Postby FrellingFrek on Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:18 pm

The explanation for my conjecture on why a new Farscape season should be placed in the middle of the week, are two things.

1) Is that weekends such as Fridays and Saturdays are party days. People go out at night to relax and ease the burdens of the weeks work. Thursdays in some cases, are party nights for students in their schools and universities.

2) Well, let's take "Everybody loves Raymond", it didn't fare well in it's first four years in terms of tv ratings. Correct me if i'm wrong. But when NBC decided to put it on a Monday evening. It became one of the most successful family/comedy shows on tv.

Thus w/ this, i've concluded that a Sunday thru Wednesday, 9pm schedule for a new Farscape season would be a proper fit. I'm sure that ratings will go beyond the Scifi channel's expectations and more first time viewers will be aware of what the show is all about. What do you think peeps?
FrellingFrek
Luxan Warrior

Postby ladytass2001 on Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:42 pm

The reasoning is sound,The logistic's could work but what does Sci-Fi have on those day's? And let's not forget the fourth quarter of the year would put Farscape up against Football on monday nights. In all reality what do you think more people are going to watch on a monday night in the fall and early winter? Me I would rather watch farscape but most of the population would rather watch a bunch of overgrown kids beating each other up over a BALL. So they would either have to put it on before the games or after to get a decent audience and most peopl are not going to stay up til 11:00 pm to watch it,likewise to put it on earlier wouldn't help much as it would be so early most people would be eating or watching the 6:00 O clock news.
Blessed Be
There is no end. There is no begining,There is only the Passionfor ....Life
Federico Fellini
ladytass2001
Peacekeeper Commander

Next

Return to Future Farscape