Is Monday Crunch day for FS?

Discussions about Farscape's cancellation, and the campaign to promote the show's return. General discussion about THE PEACEKEEPER WARS should go in the relevant forum.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Is Monday Crunch day for FS?

Postby Jess Pallas on Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:38 am

According to Anth Simcoe in his latest chat, Monday will be crunch day for Farscape. That is the day that TPTB of FS are due to meet Scifi execs and it is also the day that, if nothing is resolved, the sets will finally be torn down. SO we have to up the anti this weekend, redouble the pressure - we can't fade now when the need is greatest! We have to make them see this is a show worth saving!

Jess P.

Swordmistress and Pilot Protector.
Jess Pallas
Delvian Pa'u

RE: Is Monday Crunch day for FS?

Postby all_about_Aeryn on Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:01 am

This was exactly what I was thinking and why I scoffed at the new SciFi pop up ad. I think we got to hit hard this weekend and go along with any organized plan on Monday to let Jackson know how we feel.

I have a nervous stomach thinking about this, like I should be in the room letting them know how I feel and begging them for mercy or something gosh darn it!
all_about_Aeryn
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Bluebelly51 on Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:48 pm

Remember,we cannot get discouraged even if Monday doesn't go well.If another network thinks they'll make cashe with our show then they'll spend the money to rebuild the sets.(remember Anthony also said Moya was about due for a rebuild anyway)But if we get discouraged and stop making waves the suits at all the networks will forget about us.We have to keep the heat on !

-Bluebelly51
Bluebelly51
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Is SUNDAY Crunch day for FS?

Postby PilotLite on Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:49 am

I've heard the meeting is Monday in Australia -- that's Sunday here in the US. Can anyone confirm?
PilotLite
Luxan Warrior

RE: Is SUNDAY Crunch day for FS?

Postby BritAngie on Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:27 am

Yes it is-they are a day ahead.
BritAngie
Chocoholic Underling
Chocoholic Underling

Postby momento on Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:45 pm

I've sent my e-mails to the various networks and got my other Farscape mates to do the same; here's hoping that everyone's efforts (no matter how small) have made the suits sit up and take notice. Everyone keep everything crossed and think good thoughts!
momento
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

In you e-mails etc...

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:03 pm

Do not discount the possibility of a mini-series or movies to complete the Farscape story. I understand that some in the scaper community are wanting a series 5 or nothing?

Remember Farscape is/was a story that already had an ending in David's and Rockne's mind and was going to stop somewhere in the not to far further when the story completed.

I for one started watching Farscape because of this FACT and the ending is paramount. My only wish is that a mini-series would be just that a few multi-hour mini-series over months and months and finish in a couple years, however I am not a suit and the completion of the story in any form is OK with me.

Remember in your correspondence, be open to other forms of media to finish the story of Farscape.

done in PA
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Sparky on Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:39 pm

If the suits aren't impressed with emails and faxes, send 'em
to people who ARE IMPRESSED with email: the local TV columnist. Every paper has a local writer. They probably get maybe a dozen or score of emails/week. If they get 100's, they will certainly smell a story.

Local TV writers have local readers, and could get notice to anyone who doesn't know about the cancellation. Using the web to organize a comapaign is NEWS. This is a passionate, civilized, smart use of the "network of fans" to fight the network.
Sparky
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Dani Moure on Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:47 pm

>I've heard the meeting is Monday in Australia

No. Read what Anth says: it's Monday (USA Time).

.dani//MOURE
Proud to be an X slut, Kenshin whore and Gundam pimp.
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

RE: In you e-mails etc...

Postby Corporate Dog on Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:51 pm

>Do not discount the possibility of a mini-series or movies
>to complete the Farscape story. I understand that some in
>the scaper community are wanting a series 5 or nothing?
>
>
>Remember in your correspondence, be open to other forms of
>media to finish the story of Farscape.
>

I've seen a quote from (I believe) David Kemper, which stated that they would be hard-pressed to complete the story of Farscape, even if given an additional six episodes. The reason that so many of us are pushing for an additional season over other forms, is that we want it to be done RIGHT rather than RUSHED.

Besides that, we want the network to realize how strongly we're backing up our message. It seems like we have no backbone if we go to Sci-Fi and say, "We want a fifth season, but if you say 'No' to us very loudly, and maybe swat our collective butts with a rolled-up newspaper, we'd be willing to settle for a handful of mini-movies, or even just one mini-movie I guess."

Regards,
Corporate Dog
Corporate Dog
Luxan Warrior

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:54 pm

Thanks Dani! Prior to these latest episodes in the saga of Farscape I always had trouple with time zones. One good thing that has happened to me is a better understanding of time zones and to clarify in posts the one you are referencing.

done in PA
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:03 am

I just received an e-mail that Monday Oz.time Sunday US time is correct and this came from the crew down under so I guess we fill find out something soon regardless.
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Return to Future Farscape