Do you like the way the forums look now?

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Should we change the look of the forums to something more like the site?

I like it as it is now!
42%
I'd prefer if it was more brown like before
42%
I have another idea (please explain below)
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: Do you like the way the forums look now?

Postby chryse on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 pm

pkgrl, the only resource to be worried is about is Dani's time. :)

I do have a friend who may be able to work on a skin. I'll ask him. He is a Farscape fan, tho not a member of this board... yet. :twisted:
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby GDafi on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:29 pm

I like, sort of fresh :D
GDafi
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby scapecadet on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi, it's been a very long time since I posted here, although I have visited in the meantime. Could I put my vote behind those, who prefer the original brown? For me, the colour scheme always evoked Moya and her interior and the sky blue is just not a colour I associate with Farscape at all.

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Anarky on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:18 am

Yes, PHPBB 3 is a pretty excellent software.

But the standard install needs a couple of fixes, really. I could do some of them, if you want me to...

• Make the template of the forums more narrow. People on 1024x768 won't even notice the difference, but those on higher resolution will, since we have infinitely long lines to read. And in the long run, it hurts the brain. It can be fixed by changing the following setting:

.wrap {
    width: 97%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-width: 850px;
    margin-top: 5px;
    }

to

.wrap {
    width: 980px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-width: 850px;
    margin-top: 5px;
    }
  • If you want a new theme altogether, this can be arranged too. Pick one from one of the various theme sites and I will fix it up so that you only need to copy it to the server and enable it. Maybe, the banner will need adapting then, but that depends on the skin you pick, but that can be done too. With a new skin, a new fix for the template would need to be done, though. The code-switch is the same as above.

So let me know if I can help.
Anarky
Luxan Warrior

Postby SunKrux on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:11 am

Anrky - I saw your post and got your pm. You need to discuss it with Dani - the webmaster as he calls the shots. I don't have the power to give you access to anything. Sorry.
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Rav Winston on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Well, I liked the old brown format. But then, I have been away for a long time. I coukld get used to this. I suppose.
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby ShalakoTato on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:46 am

I liked the brown. I thought it was unique, and as spacecadet says, it evoked Moya.
ShalakoTato
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:21 am

I realize I'm months behind....and frankly I don't care what color the forums are. Blue is kind of terra firma, but hey! no problem.

BUT this poor old bboard is hardly getting any posts. The home page topics date back to 2005! :(

There was some chatter here in cast and crew about the upcoming (2008) Burbank con, but I'm the only one who talked about it afterward. =D>

I don't know what the problem is........nor the answer. I don't think it's for lack of interest in Farscape because there are still gazillions of scapers out there. They are busily talking on Sci fi and TF. There is talk of a combined Stargate and Farscape con for 2009. Some like it, some don't. I'm waiting to see how Creation charges. #-o

If you haven't read my con report, Ben did mention that he and Rockne have had long discussions........something on the order of next generation???? The comics are supposed to appear Dec 24 so I've heard, don't know what is going on with the webisodes sort of promised last year.

Maybe you need to post some new topics...or news if you still have sources....or even wild speculation to get the juices going .

Good luck!
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Previous

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars