No Other Way Or For Love?

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

No Other Way Or For Love?

Postby littlejamie on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:42 am

In Pkw while they are fighting the Tarkans John says to Scorpy "It's amazing what a man will do when he's in love".

One can take this statement two ways. Firstly John said it after he found out Scorpy abandoned his post to seek out Crichton and get him to use the wormholes against the Scarrans.

Second when John is using the wormhole weapon. Pilot is shocked when John tells him he's capable of using it, however Pilot knows the real reason is not the one Crichton gives him but who he wants to protect.

He hates his body count because it's so high. In fact he hates that he has a count at all. Ultimately by using the weapon and making his body count even higher with the innocent who got caught in it, he finally gets the two sides to listen.

He willingly took out the innocent to make peace. To protect those who matter most to him.

In the end, would John have used the wormhole weapon if Aeryn Sun hadn't come into his life?
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby pushka on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Regardless to Aeryn or not, the Scarrens and Peacekeepers would have gone to war and Scorpius would still have wanted Chrichton's wormhole knowledge. I think he would have still used it, even if to keep everyone off the backs of his crewmates and Moya.

I do believe Pilot had a point to bring up the fact that all Chichton seem to care about was Aeryn and his child. And if that was the motive, it would have been wrong, even if ultimately other lives would have been saved. In the end, I do think Pilot knew there was a greater good behind it, stopping the Scarrens and the Peacekeepers and saving many other lives. But really, Chrichton's main motive should have been to save the galaxy first, because all the other events hang off that. His family wouldn't survive long in a galaxy dominated by Scarrens nor would Earth.
Pushka the Cannon - Cannonade strikes again!
pushka
Luxan Warrior

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars