Do you think he is really dead.

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Do you think he is really dead.

Postby Darkwander on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:32 pm

In typical style you never see Dargo die, you hear the shots and that is all, if they did make a sequal, do you think they could bring back Dargo and make it so that it dosnt seem like they were cheating.

He did say "I will find you". He could have jumped on a ship and left before the planet was destoryed.
Darkwander
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Lesianda on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:49 pm

Unfortunately i think that Dargo is really dead.It would be great if he was alive but....... :cry:
Lesianda
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Darkwander on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:52 pm

Lesianda wrote:Unfortunately i think that Dargo is really dead.It would be great if he was alive but....... :cry:

Afterall he could have grabbed a ride in a ship and flead before it was destoryed.

It wouldnt seem like a cheat either...
Darkwander
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Lesianda on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:55 pm

Darkwander wrote:
Lesianda wrote:Unfortunately i think that Dargo is really dead.It would be great if he was alive but....... :cry:

Afterall he could have grabbed a ride in a ship and flead before it was destoryed.

I don't know....everything is possible but i just don't believe he could be alive :roll:
Lesianda
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Darkwander on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:03 pm

Lesianda wrote:
Darkwander wrote:

I don't know....everything is possible but i just don't believe he could be alive :roll:

Also keeping in mind that they brought back Aeryn and John when they were crystals.
Darkwander
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Lesianda on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:18 pm

Darkwander wrote:
Lesianda wrote:
Darkwander wrote:

Also keeping in mind that they brought back Aeryn and John when they were crystals.

U are right, but do u think that they could make a sequal?
Lesianda
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Darkwander on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:25 pm

Lesianda wrote:
Darkwander wrote:
Lesianda wrote:
Darkwander wrote:

Did you see the ratings for the show. 1.9 viewed in America alone, the highest ratings that night apart from news. Or something like that.

With ratings of 1.9 for the movie "Peace Keeper wars" why wouldnt they make a sequal..
Darkwander
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Lesianda on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:28 pm

Darkwander wrote:
Lesianda wrote:
Darkwander wrote:
Lesianda wrote:
Darkwander wrote:

Did you see the ratings for the show. 1.9 viewed in America alone, the highest ratings that night apart from news. Or something like that.

With ratings of 1.9 for the movie "Peace Keeper wars" why wouldnt they make a sequal..

I hope they would do it :lol:
Lesianda
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Darkwander on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:39 pm

Well with the ratings they got for the first movie, and with BB and CB been free soon after Stargate Season 10 and or the movies are complete they would be free once again.
Darkwander
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: Do you think he is really dead.

Postby Fantasio on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:43 pm

Darkwander wrote:do you think they could bring back Dargo and make it so that it dosnt seem like they were cheating

It depends.
IF PW were to be the last Farscape ever, of course D'Argo is dead. Typical ending, with an epic battle, and a hero's death for one of the main characters.
But, should Farscape continue, D'Argo will likely be back. We didn't see him dead, and there's only ONE reason for such a thing to happen in a movie: to keep the possibility he's still alive (remember Xhalax!).
And, above all, there's Grunschlk. Why, of all the minor characters, did they let him, and him only, come back? Plus, he was left for dead. Why not Furlow, still alive and with a good knowledge of wormholes, for example? Of course, because they need Grunschlk to hybernate D'Argo just like he did with Aeryn at the end of season 2, avoiding too much cheating in bringing him back. Remember, at the end of the battle Grunschlk is still alive, on site. Not by chance...

The problem is: will Farscape continue?
Fantasio
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Re: Do you think he is really dead.

Postby thoth on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:45 am

Fantasio wrote:
Darkwander wrote:do you think they could bring back Dargo and make it so that it dosnt seem like they were cheating

Of course, because they need Grunschlk to hybernate D'Argo just like he did with Aeryn at the end of season 2, avoiding too much cheating in bringing him back.

Yeah, I think that would be the most believable way to bring him back. It would be a bit of a stretch since Grunchlk would need to have cryogenic equipment on hand, but maybe he and the Diagnosian brought some of their stuff along in the transport they arrived in and they'd have access to that if they had unloaded it (or if it was left in the same transport as the one that was left behind towards the end).

I can't help but think that D'Argo would be pissed as hell if he were brought back, though. In the Farscape universe there seems to be some sort of afterlife, like what D'Argo was supposed to be able to glimpse when he assisted the Luxan Orican (Nilaam?) in her passing. He seemed to be looking forward to his death, probably expecting to be reuinited with Lo'laan, and he would feel very cheated of this if he were brought back. This could actually be a good thing to include in any future Farscape incarnation if D'Argo was brought back. Instead of going through the whole "Search for Spock" journey, cut right to the chase and bring him back at the beginning so that it's more of a character point instead of a plot point.
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby littlejamie on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:35 am

I agree. They would have to bring him back right away. It would be a surprise because they think he's dead.

Of course they would have to come up with some sort of explaination to how he survived.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Mad on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:32 am

I exclude an eventual return of D'argo, it would not have sense...
The sequel pk wars will be sure without D'argo ,while the return is more probable than Zhaan.... :o

MAD of love......farscape.
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Rav Winston on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:20 pm

As Anthony Simcoe once said-- "F*ck him! He's dead!"

As much as I miss D'Argo, I am reluctant to cheapen his sacrifice.
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Firecracker on Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:12 pm

Rav Winston wrote:As Anthony Simcoe once said-- "F*ck him! He's dead!"

When did Anthony say that? Cause last time I heard Anthony talk about D'Argo's death he was upset about it and fought the idea right up until the last minute.

Rav Winston wrote:As much as I miss D'Argo, I am reluctant to cheapen his sacrifice.

Season 4 was all about unrealised realities. Actually right from the Season 3 finale "Dog With Two Bones" Farscape was hinting at and foreshadowing various unrealised realities. Not to mention that Stark's powers have been present and used - although never really explained - throughout the entire series. In addition, in the Season 3 episode "...Different Destinations" the audience is shown that Stark himself believes that death is a place - not a state. We are also shown that Starks powers have something to do with time (another similarity to wormhole travel and unrealised realities).

I think that the writers have been folding in hints and ideas of where they are gonna go with this for a long time (season 3 at least) and while I do think that D'Argo is dead - that doesn't mean he is gone. Not by a long shot.

Another scenario might be the knowledge that both Grunchlk and Sikozu were left on the Water Planet - and that they connected with each other.

Now that is three very well defined Farscape characters left behind to perish. Except that both Grunschlk and Sikozu are survivors. Not to mention that Sikozu knows where the transport pod that the Moyan's arrived in was abandoned. And Grunschlk is well known for his propensity for saving body parts for later harvesting.

I can see multiple scenarios as to how D'rgo would surive - and none of them would cheapen his sacrifice.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Next

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars