Peacekeepers are from Earth !!?!?

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Peacekeepers are from Earth !!?!?

Postby Sikozu® on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi ppl I've just watched TPKW (for 10th time) and I've noticed something interesting. Sry if someone already wrote that I'm new here ;)

It was when Aeryn asked Yondalao what did he mean when he sayd "Peacekeepers do your duty" and he answered that Idolons needed some guard. They found a species far away from the others and they took some of them and boost their "evolution" and technological advancement to create a race to keep the peace. You got the picture ? Idolons create peace, the sebaceans keep it. And what about John and Aeryn. How could they conceive a baby ? Well now's the best part of it - the species that Idolons found was the humans. I can't belive I had to watch this movie so many times to notice and realise that :)
relative translation from bulgarian:
The man or rather the creature that looked like human slowly creeped out of the mud, developed limbs and fingers. He rised and looked toward the stars. He was seeing them for the first time but already knew that one day they will belong to him.
Sikozu®
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Sebaceans & Humans

Postby RinnicBob on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:19 pm

Yes, you're right. That, I thought, was one of the most satisfying parts of the miniseries' attempt to wrap up some plot details.

Of course, it still left questions. What does it mean, that their evolution was accelerated with "generous modifications"? Just how did they become "trusted accolytes"? Why did they become so militaristic, was that part of their design, or did they just evolve that way after the Eidolons were gone?

It wouldn't be Farscape if it didn't leave us with more questions.
Heredity: A chronic, sexually transmitted disease, for which there is no cure.

Seven words which describe technology: Hal. Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
RinnicBob
Luxan Warrior

Postby littlejamie on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:08 am

I believe they became more militaristic after they were gone. Their way of doing peace/making peace.

Given the modifications which helped with peace negoiations. They became trusted because no other species were like them.

It does seem interesting as the Idolons were on Earth at one point.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby farsfan on Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:49 pm

yeah!!!that was so great for me also,although i notice since the first time i saw it :D ,u know the worst thing is that i watch the last episode back in 2004 and then i went away from my country (costa rica)for a scholarship to czech republic :? , so (here they don have it, and didnd have computer till this year)up till friday i actually dowloaded the pkw, and i watch it yesterday was so cool, OMG :D , jaja lol, imagine i was so happy cause i though imposible this can not end like that!!but when this guy told A, i was just like great!!!so great 2 episodes!!!! :D

c u guys
farsfan
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby farsfan on Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:39 pm

:shock: lol watching it for the second time i just saw that when J is helping A to have the baby he takes every weapon she has, but the pants are all the time with het(on i mean)!! :D lol so funny new way of having kids, you can have your pants on!lol
farsfan
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby littlejamie on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:09 am

I know he does take all her weapons from her. Which occurs after she says " shooting makes me feel better".

John also needed her to not be fussing with weapons either.

Could see perhaps that it was going to be that way, that the peacekeepers were linked to Earth.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby thoth on Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:14 am

This thread made me remember someting someone said before about the idea that the Sebaceans originated on Earth. The comment that I remember was that if the Eidola (the correct greek plural of eidolon, but no matter) had contact with Earth "27,000" years ago (according to Yondalao) then how could there ever be any connection to the Egyptian glyph discovered on Arnessk if the the Egyptians only came to be about 5,000 years ago? That leaves a gap of 22,000 years in which we are supposed to believe that this symbol survived from contact with the Eidola until Egyptian civilization finally arose.

But there's an answer that I think we haven't considered. The wormholes allow Crichton to travel through both space and time, with the rule that he cannot go back to an area of space to a point in time before he left. What if the Eidola really did have contact with humans 5,000 years ago (from our perspective)? That means that in the very first episode, Crichton might have arrived in the area of space in which Farscape takes place, but 22,000 years into the future so that from Yondalao's perspective, it really was 27,000 years ago.
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby bwilli18 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:13 pm

Thoth wrote:But there's an answer that I think we haven't considered...

Though a less-than elegant solution, Thoth's theory could equally explain 2 mysteries I've long striven to resolve: 1) How can Santa Claus travel to the homes of all the good children in a single night? and 2) How can the notoriously girthy Santa Claus enter a home through the chimney? Thoth's proposed wormhole utilization by the Eidolons (pardon, Eidola) would be equally applicable to Santa and resolve both mysteries. :wink:
bwilli18
Luxan Warrior

Postby littlejamie on Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:01 am

I'm a little bit confused by your thoughts. Can you further clarify?

My sense of it is that the Eidola were suspended in time. Maybe even for that long of time. The eygptian symbol was buried and went unnoticed until Crichton found it. Or upon discovery of it, they did not have the understanding of it.

John knew the symbol, which made him more sure that sebacceans and humans were linked.
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Firecracker on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:23 pm

littlejamie wrote:I'm a little bit confused by your thoughts. Can you further clarify?

My sense of it is that the Eidola were suspended in time. Maybe even for that long of time. The eygptian symbol was buried and went unnoticed until Crichton found it. Or upon discovery of it, they did not have the understanding of it.

John knew the symbol, which made him more sure that sebacceans and humans were linked.

And here is another suggestion.

Wormholes allow for time travel. Perhaps when the Eidola were surfing the wormhole they dropped in a different points in earths evolution and picked up tourist souvenirs while they were at it.

That would explain the knowledge that they incorporated into the childs tile.

Interions and sebaceans and humans are all linked. What was the fourth image on the childs tile? I can't remember.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Firecracker on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:27 pm

farsfan wrote::shock: lol watching it for the second time i just saw that when J is helping A to have the baby he takes every weapon she has, but the pants are all the time with het(on i mean)!! :D lol so funny new way of having kids, you can have your pants on!lol

Well John did give Aeryn D'Argo's knife to cut her pants - that was when this bit of dialogue happened.

Aeryn: "Good idea, I will cut it out."
John stops her: "That is for your clothes."
Aeryn disappointed: Oh right.

Hilarious little bit of dialogue - and dealt with that bit of plot.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks Firecracker. That is another suggestion that makes it more clear more me.

They brought back things so they could know their history. Which was probably not passed on once the Eidola were suspended in time.

One other thing though how are the interions linked to Earth though? We know that Sebacceans were brought by Eidola for peace, but what about them.

I thought there was only three sides to the tile, that it is a triangle shaped tile. Maybe I'm wrong.
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Sikozu® on Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:23 pm

thoth wrote:This thread made me remember someting someone said before about the idea that the Sebaceans originated on Earth. The comment that I remember was that if the Eidola (the correct greek plural of eidolon, but no matter) had contact with Earth "27,000" years ago (according to Yondalao) then how could there ever be any connection to the Egyptian glyph discovered on Arnessk if the the Egyptians only came to be about 5,000 years ago? That leaves a gap of 22,000 years in which we are supposed to believe that this symbol survived from contact with the Eidola until Egyptian civilization finally arose.

But there's an answer that I think we haven't considered. The wormholes allow Crichton to travel through both space and time, with the rule that he cannot go back to an area of space to a point in time before he left. What if the Eidola really did have contact with humans 5,000 years ago (from our perspective)? That means that in the very first episode, Crichton might have arrived in the area of space in which Farscape takes place, but 22,000 years into the future so that from Yondalao's perspective, it really was 27,000 years ago.

What makes you think that the glyph is Egyptian ? It's Eidolon and they probably left it on Earth. (Read something about the annunaki theory)
From sci-fi of the future we can go to the history of Earth and mankind. Ancient people had technology sometimes surpassing ours. You don't know about it because it's hidden and only a few have accsess to it. There's a proof that in the early 60s the US government had developed a flying saucer wich supports my opinion that there's a lot of secret technology.
relative translation from bulgarian:
The man or rather the creature that looked like human slowly creeped out of the mud, developed limbs and fingers. He rised and looked toward the stars. He was seeing them for the first time but already knew that one day they will belong to him.
Sikozu®
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Rav Winston on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:25 pm

Sikozu® wrote:What makes you think that the glyph is Egyptian?

Because the glyph being referred to is the Wedjat (Eye of Horus). Any first year student of Egyptology could tell you that.

Or do you mean that the story implies that the ancient Egyptians got the symbol from the Eidola?
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sikozu® on Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:45 pm

Rav Winston wrote:Or do you mean that the story implies that the ancient Egyptians got the symbol from the Eidola?

Sikozu® wrote:It's Eidolon and they probably left it on Earth.

Occam's razor ;)
Or do you prefer the wormhole, time and space continuum theory :D ...wich is possible only in the movie :)
And btw 27000 years ago there was many civilizations. You don't think humans evolve from monkey to Einstein in a year, do you ? :P
Even in my country archaeologists has found ornaments and weapons in the tumulus which are older than 6000 B.C. I read an article recenrly about pyramids in Bosnia. Who knows what's inside ? May be a Dark Magician and Blue-eyes white dragon :D :D :D :D :D ... but don't worry I have Obelisk the Tormentor in my deck ;)
Sikozu®
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Next

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars