Maybe John can still go home?

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby TINemo on Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:30 pm

I think he can't control it early on because he simply doesn't have or doesn't understand the navigation data banks.By PKWars he can pretty much put Moya where he wants to (in space known to him)

We never learn why he wasn't selected/trained /certified by his own people. Maybe he was just inadequete, not the sharpest knife in the Pilot drawer. Maybe he was too young(Velorek refers to him as *young one*). Maybe his elders didn't like his attitude or he was a non-conformist and they were punishing/shunning him.

We only ever meet two other pilots--one is being killed because she won't obey the PKs who want to make her pregnant with Talyn-- and one who is very old and dying. We don't know whether they were *better* but we can probably assume so.
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Rav Winston on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:25 pm

Eelack's pilot said that the had born five children before being bound to her Leviathan-- So I would imagine that it was that Moya's Pilot was still considered too young and inexperienced in general to become a Pilot.
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Yeah he was a young one. He was still inexperienced to be bonded with a leviathan.

He becomes better especially with places be has gone to before. He can find them in the database.

Perhaps they put pilots and leviathans to be somewhat close in age.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Rav Winston on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:44 am

That seems reasonable, seeing as Leviathans only live a few hundred cycles, whereas Pilot's species live a thousand or more.

Perhaps it is that only older Pilots are bonded to young Leviathans for practicality's sake.

Question-- What species in general is responsible for the bonding?
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby TINemo on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:49 pm

I don't remember knowing that pilots live much onger than leviathans--where was that stated?????

I don't know that any species is responsible--the whole concept was never really fleshed out by the writers--how did the pilots even ever get to the leviathans. In FS's case the PKs did it, but that wasn't the normal routine. How about the builders that were Moya's god-like beings.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby littlejamie on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:38 am

I would guess the buiders as well.

As for the age difference it was discussed in " Vitas Mortis".
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Associates

Postby stardude on Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:32 pm

IF John goes home:
he probably will not be the only one to exit through the wormhole
www.timegeezer.com only the best watches
stardude
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mad on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:45 pm

We will see....

MAD of love....farscape
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:17 pm

or so we all hope

I'm losing faith that we will ever see any more Farscape. They sold all the clothing and small props, they've taken down the sets years ago and the cast, in genral, has gone on to other things

AND not one word from Henson,O'bannon or any body else since the con of 2004???????
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:01 am

TINemo wrote:AND not one word from Henson,O'bannon or any body else since the con of 2004???????

Guess you aren't paying attention. Check out the Farscape Canada website - News Archives. There is a May 5, 2006 article quoting Brian Henson and his plans for future Farscape. And a March article quoting some senior ADV staffers saying that Farscape Anime is still being talked about but it is taking second place to the Farscape movie.

And those are just two articles. Rockne, David Kemper and Andrew Prowse have all said in different places at different times that they are confident there will be more Farscape.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mad on Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:37 am

This some year ago....
Hour the situation is changed,the return of farscape ,sequel pk wars is more of one hope....

Henson and Bannon they are decided to make other farscape, seen also the optimal sales of dvd in USA and EUROPE...

Claudia black in an interview not remember if 2004 or 2005 ,she was convinced that henson have made other farscape

It is having reason....

MAD of love....farscape
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby StarF on Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:00 pm

the end of stargate sg1 open up the possibility to get John and Aeryn back! I hope they use this opertunity! also i realy dont hope there will be a movie.. some where it just wont be the same.. The Serinity movie wasent that good, as they tryed first to squese the 13 episodes of fire fly and then a end into one movie.. wasent good at all

if farscape it to continue i would hope it will be in a season episodes again.. where there is room for all of farscape, all the little twiest, hiddent hings and all the frell words :)

How ever i am losing hope that we will ever see aeryn and john in a farscape ep again.... :(
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mad on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:12 pm

Boys, a little of optimism !!!! Sequel pk wars is near....

As it says someone justly, TIME AND PATIENCE.... :o

MAD of love.....farscape
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:17 pm

Yup that's what I said.

Brian Henson was quite clear he wanted to make a big screen movie rather than a series(much to my dismay) ---but it hasn't happened in two years. I don't know about the Canadian site so I wouldn't have read anything there, but I know I haven't heard anything definitive here stateside.

As for anime- ACK! I don't want a cartoon Ben Browder or Claudia Black....or anyone else.

It's true that Scifi has canceled SG1--but nobody quite knows what comes next.For example, Ben was once considered for SGAtlantis. I don't expect him to go there and out-alpha-male Joe Flanagin, but Gecko could spin off something else. Or they could try a movie ala Star Trek and Firefly.I, too, hated what they did with Serenity but who knows.Since SGA was renewed and the sets will still be up for example the SGC control room and the everchanging alien medieval village, there are lots of ways an imaginitive writer could go.

Maybe we can get some news next month at the con-- and believe me if we do you all will hear about it over and over.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby StarF on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:41 pm

I agree i dont want a cartoon, i would rater have a serie or a movie.. but i would prefere a serie where there is room for all the hidden jokes, the fun, the cursing, the small odd things that made farscape so greath.. I dont think it would fit in a movie.. hell in peacekeapers wars, they dident even say frell one singel time, althought throught out the serie they have always said it ONCE at least per ep....

its hard to understand sci fi channel thought.. first the cancle Farscape, one of the best new sci fi series... gaining more and more popularity.. then they cancle sg1 wich still was verry popular.. who is running the shots over there? a money ????

any way i hope there is some posetive news about some new farscape at the con....
StarF
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

PreviousNext

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars