Maybe John can still go home?

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Mad on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:58 pm

I exclude that Ben he can enter in the cast of stargate atlantis....

I would want to know if Claudia and Ben they have already spoken with Henson about the new plan farscape...

Sin that CB not will be to the convention....

However if it will be a film, CB and BB will be nearly sure...

MAD of love....farscape
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby TINemo on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:59 pm

Scifi channel aims for a demographic of 18-34 year old males

Farscape, as wonderful as it was, had a different demographic--many women viewers for one. This is not the audience the advertisers are aiming at. Farscape, especially in season three which was so dark and in season four did not draw great Nielsen numbers.

The Nielsen system is stupid in my eyes. Noone I know has a Nielsen box or keeps a log for them. Something like 5000-6000 people in the whole US do.Televison advertisers truly believe this is an accurate representative sample and put their advertising on shows accordingly.

Season Nine and 10 of SG1 hasn't been drawing good Nielsen numbers either. The stupid wrestling show outdoes them about 2:1 for example and fairly mindless but gory alien critters movies do well with the demographics they want.

You can complain forever to Bonnie Hammer who runs the network and give her all sorts of good reasons why our favorite shows should stay on and that our demographics spend money too. However, it is a fact that nio matter how often That Gerazzi guy tells me to file bankruptcy with him--it's not going to happen. And the same is true for many of the products advertised during the shows. The almighty dollar rules and since both Farscape and SG1 are expensive to make per episode with the special effects and probably some decent salaries for the cast, it's much cheaper and easier for them to run old movies, wrestling,ghost hunters and other such dren.

It will be interesting to see how SGA and Battlestar will fare. I enjoy BSG but find it hard to follow the holes in the plot and the jumping around from old Caprica to New Caprica, from Capt Bill Adama to Capt Lee Adama's ships etc.It didn't help that supposedly 2 years have passed and many things have happened without our knowledge and it seems quite muddled now. Pretty steamy sex in the opening too.Wonder what the Nielsen was??????
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Previous

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars